Big Brother Season 8 official thread - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-06, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Big Brother Season 8 official thread

Well, Season 8 of Big Brother began last night on CBS.

More info: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother8/

The twist to start off this season is that 3 of the 14 house guests have previous relationships with someone in the house. Something else new this year is what they are calling "America's Player". This person's actions will be controlled by the wishes of America through voting on CBS's web site.

I'll admit that I've been a fan of the Big Brother franchise from the start. I'm a little skeptical about this season. It looks like they are trying to put together the "best looking group" possible. Not sure if this is Big Brother or "Real World".

Time will tell if they have an interesting dynamic that will keep viewers tuning in.

I'm liking the "Evil Dick" guy already. I think he'll make things interesting.

Cheers.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-10, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

HoH Kail nominated Amber & Carol in the first nomination ceremony. Eric (America's Player) has fallen into the "jokester of the house" role well. I guess his strategy will be to keep 'em laughing so he doesn't get nominated. We'll see how long that lasts for. When Jen cried over her memory board photo, I almost stopped watching right there. That's exactly the type of stuff I was hoping would not happen - a bunch of pretty drama queens with no depth. The sonner she's booted, the better. "Evil Dick" does seem to be a name dropper, or at least CBS made it look that way. I think he has the potential to stir it up in the house. The first major alliance has been formed with Mike, Zach, Nick and Kail. I think the "Joe and Dustin Cat Fight Show" is going to wear thin very fast if they can't figure out how to be civil in the house. We already know waaaaaay too much about the two of them.

Am I the only one watching this show? James - I know your a BB addict. C'mon man!

Next episode airs tonight on CBS at 9:00pm EST.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #3 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-10, 08:40 PM

I have a family member in the States with a slingbox, so when ever he leaves it on for me i watch the Showtime late night feed. The "american Player" Dude costantly is says F*ck this and F*CK that geez lol.. and the big brother producers must be some horney teens. Everytime the girls are adjusting them selves the camera will zoom in on their boobs, butt, etc.. I guess sex gets ratings!
They also spoil everything... i new 2 or so days in advanced at who was nominated before it actualy airs on CBS. Stupid big brother is gunna kill my DSL cap.. watching every chance i get. That reminds me got to call him n tell him to leave it on showtoo so i can c it again tonight

post #4 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-11, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I'd love to see the live feeds, but I'm not going to pay for that. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff we don't get to see. At any rate, you can find the updates on the web if you're really itching to know.

From last night's show, the POV went to Daniele when she won an interesting game of "hide the veto in the house". She hid her veto in the slop bucket and no one found it. She chose not to use the POV and left the nominations (Amber and Carol) as they were, much to Kail's relief. I think Kail was prepared to put Jen up if the veto was used, but that would have left both her nominations in the house and put a target on her.

Everyone in the house seems to be in agreement that Jen has to go. It's pretty clear she's very insecure, or maybe it's just an act? I dunno, but it annoys the hell outta me, that's for sure. I can't imagine what it's like in the house. I'm sure "Evil Dick" will explode soon enough. It was good to see Nick call her out in front of everyone on her little lie about him trying to kiss her.

Eric, America's Player, accomplished his task and gets his reward. Not sure what his reward will be - I suspect $$$.

Next episode: Thursday @ 8:00pm EST on CBS.

Cheers.

post #5 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-11, 10:31 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbs View Post
Eric, America's Player, accomplished his task and gets his reward. Not sure what his reward will be - I suspect $$$.
You called?

Actually, they mentioned what the reward would be in the season opener. My faulty memory can't recall the exact figure but it is a monetary amount - 5 or 10K per, something in that range.
post #6 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-11, 11:09 AM
Veteran

BIG BROTHER 8 "T and A EDITION"

Can't beleive i been watching it for 8 seasons!!!??
post #7 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-11, 12:09 PM

10K per 5 tasks

LG 55LH90, Panasonic SA-XR50, Toshiba HD-A2, Athena Micra 6, Harmony 880, Nintendo Wii, PS3, Boxee via MacBook
post #8 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-11, 01:43 PM

That Daniele is scaryingly thin!

Jen must be acting - nobody is that dumb - however, I hope she doesn't get booted next time...

Do you think that the drama queen knew she was lying about the Kiss or he was just stirring the pot?

I don't have enough time to watch the after hours unfortunately...

post #9 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-12, 12:05 PM
Veteran

IF your stretch Daniele to 16:9 she doesn't look as thin! LOL

Jen is a head case, i believe she is a mental case in real life, She acted as if she had a new boyfriend when all that was going on was some flirting

Great show though i love it!
post #10 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-12, 02:21 PM

Did you know that Nick's Dad thought he was gay until he turned 21?

Also, Evil Dick was the one who auditioned for the show so his daughter is the after-thought.

America's player has been auditioning since Season 2...

Thats what I heard!
post #11 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-12, 06:04 PM
Veteran

Jen came across as a real twit in the opener, but on the live feeds she seems more down to earth, could be the editing though. So far there is nobody I particularly want to root for, but then its still too early to tell.
post #12 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-12, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Last year, with the All-Stars, we already knew everyone going into the game and most of us had favourites picked from the start. It was a lot easier to get into it early. This year is going to take some time since everyone is new again. I'm sure by Week 3 we'll all be picking sides and rooting from someone or some alliance.

post #13 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-12, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Tonight's episode results:

- Carol was evicted by a vote of 10-1.
- Jen is the new HoH.

I can't believe Jen is the new HoH. Damn. That last question was a silly trick question. Bah.

post #14 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-12, 10:27 PM
Digital Sage

I'm not here for me, I'm here for my family. I hate these people.
post #15 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-13, 11:08 AM
Veteran

Jen is good eye candy, especially in her bikini!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in