Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Big Brother Season 8 official thread

23K views 298 replies 34 participants last post by  mrhooie 
#1 ·
Well, Season 8 of Big Brother began last night on CBS.

More info: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother8/

The twist to start off this season is that 3 of the 14 house guests have previous relationships with someone in the house. Something else new this year is what they are calling "America's Player". This person's actions will be controlled by the wishes of America through voting on CBS's web site.

I'll admit that I've been a fan of the Big Brother franchise from the start. I'm a little skeptical about this season. It looks like they are trying to put together the "best looking group" possible. Not sure if this is Big Brother or "Real World".

Time will tell if they have an interesting dynamic that will keep viewers tuning in.

I'm liking the "Evil Dick" guy already. I think he'll make things interesting.

Cheers.

#2 ·
HoH Kail nominated Amber & Carol in the first nomination ceremony. Eric (America's Player) has fallen into the "jokester of the house" role well. I guess his strategy will be to keep 'em laughing so he doesn't get nominated. We'll see how long that lasts for. When Jen cried over her memory board photo, I almost stopped watching right there. That's exactly the type of stuff I was hoping would not happen - a bunch of pretty drama queens with no depth. The sonner she's booted, the better. "Evil Dick" does seem to be a name dropper, or at least CBS made it look that way. I think he has the potential to stir it up in the house. The first major alliance has been formed with Mike, Zach, Nick and Kail. I think the "Joe and Dustin Cat Fight Show" is going to wear thin very fast if they can't figure out how to be civil in the house. We already know waaaaaay too much about the two of them.

Am I the only one watching this show? James - I know your a BB addict. C'mon man!

Next episode airs tonight on CBS at 9:00pm EST.

#3 ·
I have a family member in the States with a slingbox, so when ever he leaves it on for me i watch the Showtime late night feed. The "american Player" Dude costantly is says F*ck this and F*CK that geez lol.. and the big brother producers must be some horney teens. Everytime the girls are adjusting them selves the camera will zoom in on their boobs, butt, etc.. I guess sex gets ratings!
They also spoil everything... i new 2 or so days in advanced at who was nominated before it actualy airs on CBS. Stupid big brother is gunna kill my DSL cap.. watching every chance i get. That reminds me got to call him n tell him to leave it on showtoo so i can c it again tonight :D

#4 ·
I'd love to see the live feeds, but I'm not going to pay for that. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff we don't get to see. At any rate, you can find the updates on the web if you're really itching to know.

From last night's show, the POV went to Daniele when she won an interesting game of "hide the veto in the house". She hid her veto in the slop bucket and no one found it. She chose not to use the POV and left the nominations (Amber and Carol) as they were, much to Kail's relief. I think Kail was prepared to put Jen up if the veto was used, but that would have left both her nominations in the house and put a target on her.

Everyone in the house seems to be in agreement that Jen has to go. It's pretty clear she's very insecure, or maybe it's just an act? I dunno, but it annoys the hell outta me, that's for sure. I can't imagine what it's like in the house. I'm sure "Evil Dick" will explode soon enough. It was good to see Nick call her out in front of everyone on her little lie about him trying to kiss her.

Eric, America's Player, accomplished his task and gets his reward. Not sure what his reward will be - I suspect $$$.

Next episode: Thursday @ 8:00pm EST on CBS.

Cheers.

#8 ·
That Daniele is scaryingly thin!

Jen must be acting - nobody is that dumb - however, I hope she doesn't get booted next time...

Do you think that the drama queen knew she was lying about the Kiss or he was just stirring the pot?

I don't have enough time to watch the after hours unfortunately...

:(

#9 ·
IF your stretch Daniele to 16:9 she doesn't look as thin! LOL

Jen is a head case, i believe she is a mental case in real life, She acted as if she had a new boyfriend when all that was going on was some flirting

Great show though i love it!

#12 ·
Last year, with the All-Stars, we already knew everyone going into the game and most of us had favourites picked from the start. It was a lot easier to get into it early. This year is going to take some time since everyone is new again. I'm sure by Week 3 we'll all be picking sides and rooting from someone or some alliance.

#13 ·
Tonight's episode results:

- Carol was evicted by a vote of 10-1.
- Jen is the new HoH.

I can't believe Jen is the new HoH. Damn. That last question was a silly trick question. Bah.

#16 ·
Agree about Jen being eye candy. But she does come across as a bit of a flake.

I don't get the infatuation the guys have with Danielle. I've seen fatter people coming out of Auschwitz in 1945. Why would anybody want to wipe butter off her? You may get splinters.

Too bad...cause she is a pretty girl; but she's definately anorexic

#17 ·
Sunday's recap:

Jen is the HoH and man is she dumb. I'm pretty sure she has no concept of how to play this game and her strategy is skin deep. Clearly she's taking everything personally. When her HoH room was revealed she was disappointed in the pics and took the one of her and her Mom down because she was not wearing makeup in the shot. I'm sure her Mom just loved that. I was surprised she did not start crying right away. What an unbelievably shallow person.

The boys came up with a "Jen" Drinking game - every time she says "I" they drink. Heh heh. They were drinking a lot.

In the food challenge the boys won, and the girls are on slop for a week. Joe played on the girls team to even things up.

EvilDick told Jen she's self centered and to stop thinking of only herself. Was
that a test to see how far he could go? Would he get nominated for calling her out? He was angry because she came into the room where he was sleeping and started talking out loud about her hair. What is up with this girl?

At the nomination ceremony, Daniele and EvilDick were put up. The father daughter pair. Jen's reason was that they brought "negativity" to the house, but clearly it's because she's jealous of Nick and Daniele's relationship and she doesn't like being told the truth about herself by EvilDick.

Should be an interesting week.

Cheers.

#19 ·
Some people are starting to think this is her strategy. To act dumb, clueless and shallow so that she's not seen as a threat and will be "strung along" while other threats are voted out. However, she's yet to reveal that this is her intention in the diary room as far as I know. Only time will tell. I truly hope this is an act, I can't imagine someone being like this in real life. Or is that what all of Hollywood is like? ;)

#20 ·
There's also a conspiracy theory running around the 'net (and in the house) that the "tea cup" question was rigged to allow for two possible answers (count the opening or don't count the opening in the calculation) in order to let CBS control who became HoH at the very end.

I wouldn't be surprised.

#23 ·
That was actually a stupid move on the part of "Evil Dick". He just sent himself packing. He should have kept his mouth shut. It was obvious that Jen would take this personally, but its not a good idea to mouth off to the current HOH. Dumb, dumb, dumb. See ya later Dick. I also dont think Jen is as much of a bimboo as the editing is making her out to be. You really have to watch the live feeds unedited. I'll agree she is incredibly self centred and shallow, probably narcissistic too.

#27 ·
Results from tonight's show:
- Daniele won the PoV
- Daniele used the PoV to save herself
- Jen put Joe up in place of Daniele

Some thoughts. Nick seems to be falling for Daniele. Is it for real or are they playing each other? Amber cries way too much. I mean WAY TOO MUCH. Stand up for crying out loud. Heh. Jen is stirring the pot and creating huge drama but still ended up being manipulated by the group into putting Joe up. I'm not convinced her behaviour is an act. When she saw Nick and Daniele all close she immediately announced she was putting Nick up on the block. She is totally reckless, but it's fun to watch.

Looks like Joe is heading home. The house seems to be on EvilDick's side... for now. Let the campaigning begin.

Live eviction is on Thursday's show @ 8:00pm EST on CBS.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.