Big Brother Season 8 official thread - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-30, 12:37 PM

ED is just classic - no wonder he has so many issues to resolve with his daughter!

I had no idea everyone hated Zach so much - stupid editing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-30, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
I had no idea everyone hated Zach so much - stupid editing...
It's amazing how much they can control how people "appear" with editing. Unless you're watching the live feeds or the after hours show, it's hard to tell what's really going on.

Cheers.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #78 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-30, 07:52 PM
Veteran

James (and others)

What are your impressions from the extra feeds you're watching?

Is ED a leader or a psychotic tyrant? Is Jen really the monster they are trying to paint her as on the thrice-a-week episodes?

I haven't seen any but my instinct is ED's worse than what we see and Jen is actually better liked than what they are showing. But it's true, the CBS shows only give a tiny controlled glimpse into the real happenings I'm sure.

Unfortunately, with America's Player being both privy to and controlled somewhat by public opinion, if that public is also being highly influenced and controlled by the show's producers, they can trigger almost anything they want to happen.

They make Jen seem like an egotistical maniac, so America constantly votes to have her get pranked or nominated or otherwise shafted by Eric. If she reacts even slightly to this unfair extra burden, they can air outtakes of her reaction and further influence the public perception.

They can pretty much promote or demote whomever they want to using this technique. She's overcome not only the housemates but the whole Big Brother propaganda machine. Even if she can't wiggle out of it this week, the fact she's held out this long is testament to her ability as a player.

I'm still betting she overcomes and wins over some people, but at this point it's her against the whole production setup.

post #79 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 08:30 AM
Digital Sage

I don't think Showtime starts airing it until midnight and I'm rarely up that late during the week.

I'll try to watch more.
post #80 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Results from tonight's show:
- Dustin tells Kail he's gunning for Jen and not to worry.
- Jen is hurt that she's nominated again and cries about it.
- Jameka's religious beliefs are guiding her in the PoV competition.
- Evil and Jameka are at opposite ends of the religious spectrum.
- Dustin got greedy during the PoV and took the Barbados trip, and the $$$.
- Amber is still crying way too much. It's getting ridiculous. She's so clingy.
- Did Jen throw that last PoV question to ensure Jameka won the PoV? Hmmmm...
- Eric has to start a catch phrase - "I'd do that for a dollar."
- The "Late Night Crew" debates on who to choose between Nick and Zach since Jen will be saved by Jameka as promised
- Jameka saves Jen with the PoV and Dustin puts Nick up in her place

Naturally, Daniele is not happy about this. There seemed to be some confusion as to who the "LNC" group decided would go up. Kail seemed to think Dustin was going to put Zach up yet most people thought Nick was a bigger threat overall. Amber was none too pleased about Dustin's greedy side in the PoV competition. I guess he didn't really care to control the outcome and the group noticed that.

ED called out Jen in front of everyone saying that she threw the last PoV question on purpose. If she did, she played it brilliantly knowing that doing so would make Jameka the winner and that she would save her. ED sure is abrasive, but he hit the nail on the head - he said what everyone was thinking.

And I thought this would be a boring week...

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #81 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 10:12 PM
Digital Sage

God is a gangsta? Did I hear that right?
post #82 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99 View Post
God is a gangsta? Did I hear that right?
I think she said "God is so Gangsta". Either way, very odd comment. Must be the New New New Testament.

post #83 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 04:04 AM
Veteran

I don't think Jen 'threw' the question. Her explanation of just wanting to take a hail mary stab at the last question makes the most sense.

Even I will admit she fluked her way through this week. Her stock seems to have fallen a bit with the house mates.

How about the organ music over Jameka? Not too subtle.

ED may be the most insecure bully ever to appear on BB.
post #84 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neild View Post
ED may be the most insecure bully ever to appear on BB.
The one thing that bugs me about ED is that when the conversation gets "sticky" for him, he walks away from it. At least, that's what the CBS editing shows. Just like Daniele "I can't deal with this now..." and walks away.

Cheers.

post #85 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 01:28 PM

ED is a god!

Stupid Jameka...what an idiot...

Dustin is in a world of hurt now!
post #86 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
Dustin is in a world of hurt now!
No doubt about it. Man was he greedy. That's gonna hurt him later.

post #87 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 02:34 PM

I've always liked this show but man what a bunch of losers on this years edition.
The girls all cry every 10 seconds and the guys are rite behind them.
Dick is a moron-no wonder her anorexic daughter can't stand him.
Usually I can find 1 person to cheer for but there is not 1 likeable/normal person in the house. Maybe winey Jessica? She is about as close to normal as possible.
post #88 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-02, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Tonight's results:
- Amber continues to cry like a blubbering baby, it's really getting silly.
- Nick is disappointed with Daniele for knowing he'd be going up and not telling him.
- Dick is still mad at Jen for using Jameka during the PoV.
- Dick confronts Jen and ends up pouring iced tea on her during a heated discussion.
- Jen is getting ganged up on like crazy by quite a few house members.
- Nick goes into "combat" mode and shaves a mowhawk in his head.
- Nick is evicted by a vote of 6-2 (Zach and Eric were the lone Kail votes).
- Endurance competition for HoH has started - last one hanging wins.
- America will vote for who Eric should target for eviction.

Amber was the one that suggested back-dooring Nick in the first place. This chick is an unpredictable emotional wreck of a player. Very dangerous. I'm getting quite sick of her blubbering and her "I love you so much" crap - c'mon already. ED is getting quite aggressive and does tend to go over the line at times. Not sure if it's all strategy or just the way he is. Could back fire on him if he ticks off too many people. Kail survives eviction yet again, she may start to think she's invincible - heh heh. I'm surprised Jen remains so calm even after all the attacks and the iced tea incident. She's just waiting for her time...

I still have not decided who I'm backing in this one yet. I've found it hard to really like any of them. The drama seems to be too much and not enough strategy. Let's see some real alliances and no more of this "group/house" crap.

post #89 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-03, 12:18 AM
Digital Sage

I'm voting for the cute blonde who is so under the radar most people forget she's on the show.

Go Jessica.
post #90 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-08-03, 04:00 AM
Veteran

Jen showed amazing composure in the face of some really outrageous nonsense today.

First Dick goes off on her saying every foul thing he can think of to say, not much of it actually true though. Then moron Nick calls her a bitch. Danielle reveals her link to Dick and starts teeing off on Jen, seemingly for no reason either. Finally Nick throws down.

In comparison, Jen has done nothing else to these people, they are just overly raged up pinheads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in