Big Brother Season 8 official thread - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 12:13 PM

Whoa! Thanks for the link!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm surprised she hasn't walked around in a t-shirt pushing her web site. Unless that's against BB rules. I know Dick was told he couldn't wear a certain t-shirt.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #63 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 08:26 PM

Location: Niagara, Toshiba46H84, Cogeco, Yamaha5860, Polk/Accusound speakers, Velodyne sub, XBOX 360
Ya! Good link thenewdc! All I can say is "Red Booty Stretch"
Anybody who wants Jen gone must be mad. Please, cut Amber loose so she can get the help that she desperately needs.

HD, sports, & reality tv junkie.
"I want room service!" - Johnny M.

post #64 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Results from tonight's show:
- America chose Jen to be the target of Eric's vandalism
- Eric "vandalized" Jen's stuff with mustard - task accomplished
- Jen "wins" the PoV, Dick actually gave it to her
- Jen uses the PoV and saves herself from nomination
- Dick puts Mike up on the block in place of Jen, as he promised during the PoV

Dick was wicked aggressive leading up to the PoV contest. He made his desire loud and clear - he wanted Kail gone from the house. It paid off - Kail was so rattled prior to the PoV competition, she dropped out right off the bat. Did he make himself look too strong? Is he going to be a huge target next week? I think he may have over-stepped it there.

Mike tried to show his "loyalty" to Kail but I think that just ended up putting a target on his back. Dick called him out and gave the PoV to Jen saying he'll put him up in her place.

Dick seemed to be real sensitive about people being in the HoH room when he was not there - especially Jen. I think Dick thinks he has total control of the house. It may seem that way now, but he better be careful. His "power trip" could alienate him.

During the PoV competition, Jen showed her "smarts" when she was talking with Dick. This girl is a gamer... she ain't dumb... she is going to be a threat later. Her conversation with "herself" was interesting.

Next episode goes Thursday at 8:00pm EST on CBS.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #65 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 10:41 PM
Veteran

Check it out.... Jen is starting her climb up from house pariah. No surprise here.

Even Evil Dick can't resist her charm... did you see him smiling during the veto speech? She's (slowly) winning over the other players with a Ghandi-like passivity that's really endearing.

She handled the mustard hate crime with grace and didn't let it shake her. Meanwhile big tough Dick is self immolating.

Those that think Jen's a complete bubblehead - check out today's show and see if you still think that...
post #66 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 10:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Usually the whole "cast" are actors or wannabe actors. Season 1 seems to be the only season to feature real people.
I dunno about everyone being actors, but they really seem to have let the % slide up to about 90%. Kail and a few of the others I think are non-actor types.

Eric wasn't giving off an actor-wannabe vibe, but he does seem a bit of a reality-show-contestant-wannabe. He's just so eager to please America. On today's show I noticed he was identified as 'Talent Management Assistant' which could mean he or the talent he assists works 2 blocks from Endemol productions in LA.
post #67 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-25, 07:43 AM
Veteran

I agree Jen is more of a player than many would have given her credit for when the show started. The hot nanny. But considering the bad move she played when she lied and said Nick kissed her.....she's a bit messed up. And she has that physical hotness about her that other women always detest....guaranteed all other women will want her off the show. Jen won't last. Plus, she can't help but say what she thinks/feels....doesn't help. Dick will get screwed eventually for the same reason.

Usually, the winner is someone who you haven't even noticed on the show yet.
post #68 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-25, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9
Usually, the winner is someone who you haven't even noticed on the show yet.
Can you say Jameka?

post #69 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-26, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

- Dick switched modes and set his sights on evicting Mike
- The house was in general agreement that Mike should go
- Eric attempted to convince the house that Kail should be booted to complete the "America's Player" task he was assigned
- Jen's friends say she is playing dumb and that she is a player
- Mike is evicted by a vote of 7-2, much to Kail's surprise
- Dustin is the new HoH

Did Eric throw himself out of the race near the end there? He was on fire for a while during the HoH competition. With Dustin as HoH, I think this will be a boring week. I think Dick is on to Jen's "act" as shown by the video of their conversation. New secret alliance?

Next episode is Sunday @ 8:00pm on CBS.

Cheers.

post #70 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-26, 10:00 PM

Not Great Money, but not bad money either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbs View Post
I'm curious how much these people get paid (if anything) while they're on the show.Cheers.
$750/wk no check till season is complete. I heard the discussing this on
Showtime 2 on the BBAD {Big Brother After Dark)
post #71 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-27, 02:55 PM

Wierd, I thought they would get better than that...

I wonder if they have to sell their life away like on American Idiot...
post #72 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-27, 03:38 PM

Anyone see todays Early show?? I thought it was weird that when Mike was talking to Julie she didn't mention Americas player, does this possibly mean something as far as Mike going back into the house? Hmmm will he be in sequester for a few rounds till a few people are booted and given the chance to go back in?

I love this show, been watching since season 1, had the live feeds every year they have been offered, the first they were free and every year after I have paid for them. Gotta say this show is getting good. I do like ED, and Eric, hope they both do well, Amber has to go I can't stand the whining and xrying from this gal.

Dionne

Pana 50" DLP, 2 *C 530 Apr07, Harmony880, Insprion 1501, EOS Rebel, Canon A570IS, Pana GS180 video, Mobinote 7010 MP4 7"
post #73 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-28, 01:12 PM

OK, finally found the early show episode of Mike and he definitely knows about Americas Player, so much for my thoughts of them sequestering players to go back into the house.

Dionne

Pana 50" DLP, 2 *C 530 Apr07, Harmony880, Insprion 1501, EOS Rebel, Canon A570IS, Pana GS180 video, Mobinote 7010 MP4 7"
post #74 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-29, 12:59 AM
Digital Sage

caught the showtime feed for the first time tonight. None of this will make the primetime show. hehe.
post #75 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-29, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

- The house is trying to figure out who else voted for Kail
- ED wants to target Nick for eviction - thinks he's playing all sides
- Zach is freaking everyone out
- Amber is still crying too much
- ED got under Amber's skin regarding her love for her pet/kids
- Daniele and ED have a serious communication issue and a lot of hurt
- Food competition: Jameka and Jessica won - they are exempt from slop
- As winners, they appointed ED, Kail, Zach, Nick and Jen to be on slop.
- Kail is working hard to get on Dustin's side, offers to be a pawn
- Eric - America's Player - is tasked to get Jen nominated
- Amber's key was the first out of the case, SHOCKING!
- Dustin nominates Jen and Kail
- Kail thinks she's a pawn, but she's not, Dustin wants her going home.

I gotta say, Eric is pretty good at making cases for himself and swaying the group. Potential player? They better keep an eye on this guy. The topic of Jen's boobs came up. ED asker if she had a "job" but she neither confirmed nor denied it. ED assumed she did get one. ED seems to like to stir the [email protected] a lot. Too much of that and he could be gone sooner than later. I was sure Amber was going to beg Dustin to put him up after he questioned her "love" for her pet vs her child.

Next episode is Tuesday night @ 9:00pm EST on CBS.

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in