Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Big Brother Season 8 official thread

23K views 298 replies 34 participants last post by  mrhooie 
#1 ·
Well, Season 8 of Big Brother began last night on CBS.

More info: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother8/

The twist to start off this season is that 3 of the 14 house guests have previous relationships with someone in the house. Something else new this year is what they are calling "America's Player". This person's actions will be controlled by the wishes of America through voting on CBS's web site.

I'll admit that I've been a fan of the Big Brother franchise from the start. I'm a little skeptical about this season. It looks like they are trying to put together the "best looking group" possible. Not sure if this is Big Brother or "Real World".

Time will tell if they have an interesting dynamic that will keep viewers tuning in.

I'm liking the "Evil Dick" guy already. I think he'll make things interesting.

Cheers.

#83 ·
I don't think Jen 'threw' the question. Her explanation of just wanting to take a hail mary stab at the last question makes the most sense.

Even I will admit she fluked her way through this week. Her stock seems to have fallen a bit with the house mates.

How about the organ music over Jameka? Not too subtle.

ED may be the most insecure bully ever to appear on BB.

#84 ·
ED may be the most insecure bully ever to appear on BB.
The one thing that bugs me about ED is that when the conversation gets "sticky" for him, he walks away from it. At least, that's what the CBS editing shows. Just like Daniele "I can't deal with this now..." and walks away.

Cheers.

#87 ·
I've always liked this show but man what a bunch of losers on this years edition.
The girls all cry every 10 seconds and the guys are rite behind them.
Dick is a moron-no wonder her anorexic daughter can't stand him.
Usually I can find 1 person to cheer for but there is not 1 likeable/normal person in the house. Maybe winey Jessica? She is about as close to normal as possible.

#88 ·
Tonight's results:
- Amber continues to cry like a blubbering baby, it's really getting silly.
- Nick is disappointed with Daniele for knowing he'd be going up and not telling him.
- Dick is still mad at Jen for using Jameka during the PoV.
- Dick confronts Jen and ends up pouring iced tea on her during a heated discussion.
- Jen is getting ganged up on like crazy by quite a few house members.
- Nick goes into "combat" mode and shaves a mowhawk in his head.
- Nick is evicted by a vote of 6-2 (Zach and Eric were the lone Kail votes).
- Endurance competition for HoH has started - last one hanging wins.
- America will vote for who Eric should target for eviction.

Amber was the one that suggested back-dooring Nick in the first place. This chick is an unpredictable emotional wreck of a player. Very dangerous. I'm getting quite sick of her blubbering and her "I love you so much" crap - c'mon already. ED is getting quite aggressive and does tend to go over the line at times. Not sure if it's all strategy or just the way he is. Could back fire on him if he ticks off too many people. Kail survives eviction yet again, she may start to think she's invincible - heh heh. I'm surprised Jen remains so calm even after all the attacks and the iced tea incident. She's just waiting for her time...

I still have not decided who I'm backing in this one yet. I've found it hard to really like any of them. The drama seems to be too much and not enough strategy. Let's see some real alliances and no more of this "group/house" crap.

#90 ·
Jen showed amazing composure in the face of some really outrageous nonsense today.

First Dick goes off on her saying every foul thing he can think of to say, not much of it actually true though. Then moron Nick calls her a bitch. Danielle reveals her link to Dick and starts teeing off on Jen, seemingly for no reason either. Finally Nick throws down.

In comparison, Jen has done nothing else to these people, they are just overly raged up pinheads.

#92 ·
She is a terrible floater...

I wish her and amber would have got voted out first - reminds me of the friendship alliance from bb6 - brutal.

Dick never disapoints - he was great!

Jen has got some pretty thick skin however - she didn't even flintch!

Poor nick, he was whipped from the start, maybe it is for the best but now we are stuck with boring Kail for another week.

#95 ·
It was a good one
Dick is getting a little too confrontational for my liking
Yelling and intimidating to get your point across everytime is getting old
I wouldnt be surprised if he is kicked off the show, for pushing it too far, and assaulting someone (watch out eric)
Jen drives me nuts sometimes too, but she sure is cool as a cucumber during Dicks tirades against her
At least she only cries once every few episodes

#96 ·
wonder if they're looking to backdoor Eric. Although his encouraging to Danielle (re giving Jen crap while in the HoH compettition) may save his butt this week

It was good gaming of him to try and spin on Dick and get Dick all riled up. Even to the point of saying that he'd get Dick ejected from the show =)

good show last night

#98 ·
Oh that was a doozie last night for sure. Things are heating up. I just got caught up over lunch. I'd be happy if Danielle back-doors Eric and they send him packing. He's annoying as hell to be honest. Dick's ranting and raving is hilarious and they are quickly realizing that Eric has been playing them. Could Dick have hugged Danielle any more after she won the HoH? I think not. Heh heh. I guess they are fixing their relationship. The PoV should be very interesting. Not sure what Danielle has in store. But every time someone says they're going to "shake up the house" I've been less than impressed with what follows. All talk and no.... you know. Much like Eric threatening Dick.

That airplane with the banner has really changed the game and may have a direct impact on what happens this week. Reminds me of the old days when people would throw tennis balls into the BB house with messages on them.

Tune in Tuesday night for the PoV competition!

Cheers.

#99 ·
Dont understand Danielle's suspicion (Although true)

So we see Danielle/Dick seem to be onto Eric with his previous votes. But I dont understand how she (Danielle) came to think it must be Eric just because the plane showed "Amber & Eric are liars". Especially when Eric stood up for her just "minutes" before during the HoH competition (with his remarks to Jen to mind her own business when it comes to Danielle and her relationships).

Perhaps I'm missing something that was showed in the live feeds that they didnt' show during primetime. Why not acuse Amber just as so? am I wrong to think what I'm thinking or am I just missing something?

And why would Dick believe Eric to be in an alliance with Kail since if he believes his vote was to evict Kail (hmmm... doesn't make any sense). If the answer to this was to try to make Danielle look bad as everyone would think it was her vote, I dont think her voting to keep Nick would have been bad for her as everyone knew of her close bond with Nick.

Either Dick/Danielle have become so parinoid that they are not thinking clearly or I am just not seeing the important conversions that they show during live feeds.

I still dont think Eric is in any trouble really. If Danielle plans to back door Eric, I'm sure Eric has much more votes on his side then for any of Jen/Kail (ie..LNC -> Jessica/Dustin/Jameka... The only votes to evict eric would be Dick and 1 from either Jen/Kail if they get pulled off the block)... Then the following week, Dick/Danielle would be screwed as the LNC would be broken up and they'd only have each other to cling too.

There is no proof Danielle/Dick have against Eric and to back door him would only hurt her themselves the following week. I'm sure they will realise this and keep the nominations the same (if Jen/Kail/Jameka dont win PoV).

I just wonder if Danielle will keep her word with Kail.

djino
"my thoughts, and yup, dont think Eric will go home this week even if Back Door'd"

#100 ·
There is a lot of stuff missing from the show thats on the live feeds, Showtime too, plus the videos on Youtube, and at www.tvgrapevine.com. What they didnt show with the HOH comp is that Jen actually was disqualified. They only showed her coming down. Apparently Dick claimed she touched the bar and the producers told her she was disqualified. It sure didnt appear that way on the show. It just looked like she gave up. Also, Dicks rant in the yard during the show was about 5 minutes worth of a tirade with him saying the F-word over and over which was completely edited, for obvious reasons. You can find that one on Youtube. Also some are speculating about the "Banner" incident being implemented by the producers, which in a way is rigging the show. Whomever flew that banner over, if you think about it, how would they know exactly the time when they would be competing for HOH ? I beleive they will be backdooring Eric this week.

#101 ·
Of course the banner was implemented by the producers. Having Eric in there in the first place is a form of rigging the show. I was just waiting for the producers to tell all the players that they had a mole in their group, and then let the sparks fly! But this way, they don't let the whole cat out of the bag.

#105 ·
I'm definately a Jen convert - but I'm not cheering for her. She's got game and she's playing them for sure. I don't think the other house guests can see it yet as they are "in the forest" so to speak. If she keeps it up, she can go far.

#106 ·
Tonight's episode:
- Kail was evicted by a vote of 4-3
- Jessica is the new HoH

They showed a pretty crazy outburst by Amber on Eric regarding how he told Dick he had some dirty info on Amber that he could use to exploit her. Amber did not take too nicely to that and regretted swearing on her daughter's life not to vote Eric out. Oddly enough, she ended up being the deciding vote.

Dustin told ED that he voted for Eric, which he didn't of course, so now we have another "phantom" vote that Dick will try to figure out. No doubt it's driving him insane.

With Jessica as HoH, I suspect Eric, Jameka, Amber and Dustin are safe.

As CBS left, they eaves dropped and it seemed ED was stirring it up again with the house guests. Let the sparks fly!

#110 ·
No doubt about it. He was seething with rage already and circling like a shark getting ready to attack. Should be an interesting week for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.