Big Brother Season 8 official thread - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 06:38 PM
Veteran

IS Jen a nanny or a stripper? Nice family friendly bikini last show
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

HA! On the first episode, she rattled off about 30 "things" that she did. That pretty much set the tone for what people thought of her from the start.

Strategy or stupidity... I still don't know.

Cheers.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #48 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 07:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
E.D. is more commonly associated with another medical condition.
Haha, I wouldn't know.... props to you for taking the high road though!

post #49 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 07:25 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Did you know that Nick's Dad thought he was gay until he turned 21?
Actually I was thinking that myself. Not to be stereotyping but he really reminds me of a couple guys I know that figured out their orientation a little later in life.

I was going to post that before, now I see the most recent episode *really* played up that angle. Nick was practically drooling over his top 5 guy list.
post #50 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 07:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Is Jen a nanny or a stripper? Nice family friendly bikini last show
I think BB (like many of these shows) assigns a label to the contestants based on some role they want to assign that person. I'm willing to bet Jen has multiple jobs including wanna-be actress, but they wanted to label her as a nanny.

I also find more and more BB seems to recruit most of their people based on whoever hangs out at Mike Boogie's bar (hollywood hangout), then they slot in a couple other people that fit a category(old woman/old man/visibile minority)

It's like they do the casting the weekend before the show starts and make the least possible effort.

Realistically, 10 cast members should probably be labeled 'actor' but instead they take some day job that person has or had at one time and put them under that category.
post #51 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 07:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
HA! On the first episode, she rattled off about 30 "things" that she did. That pretty much set the tone for what people thought of her from the start.
Jen's getting victimized by a butchering in the edits. Follow *anyone* around and you could make a clip reel of them saying "i" and "me" a dozen times.

Not to say she's not vain and self centered, but if she's a 10 on that scale, most of the housemates are running about a 9.5 anyway.

And besides, Jen wears it without shame, which is awesome. She doesn't put on fake nonsense like so many others.

I loved the confessional where she was talking about not feeling sorry for Jameka or the people eating slop. Contrast against Dick's fake racial sensitivity (and Jameka's equally ridiculous indignation).

She was just so straightforward and honest:
"I don't know what it's like to be on slop so I can't feel bad"
"I'm not very good at that... feeling-bad thing."

And to the people criticizing her for not wanting Evil Dick perving on her... Puhlease... nobody would want that. At least she had the purity to say it.
post #52 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 07:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Eric, America's Player, has been tasked with targeting Jen for nomination and will become a "Secret Vandal" later in the week based on who America votes to have targeted to have their stuff stolen.
This just proves how easily the masses can be led (or more accurate, MIS-led)

Jen is getting a brutal edit job. She could just as easily have been portrayed like Janelle, but without Janelle's mean streak.

Having the voters single Jen out for nomination and to be Eric's vandal victim just shows how easy it is to influence the masses to make her the enemy.

She's actually really upbeat and positive, strong enough not be drawn into bs with certain psycho's. Yeah crying about your picture is weird, but then again is there anyone here that hasn't seen a picture of themselves that made them say "geez I wish that could be retaken".

I hope Jen squeezes through. She's a sleeper and I hope she gets the chance to convert some viewers like she is converting people in the house.
post #53 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 08:53 AM
Veteran

So Neild....have you started on that Jen fan club site yet?
post #54 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 10:07 AM
Veteran

James you slay me...Jentastic...I nearly spit out my coffee
post #55 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm surprised someone hasn't compiled a list of her "Jen" t-shirts. They are quite funny. "Jensa Member", "Jenuine", "Jenius", "Jenth Degree"...

I thought the guys were going to wear "Jenitals" t-shirts? What happened to that?

Next episode is tonight @ 9:00pm on CBS. PoV competition and results will be aired.

Cheers.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #56 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 11:03 AM
Digital Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_4u View Post
James you slay me...Jentastic...I nearly spit out my coffee
I take no credit, it was on one of her many JEN shirts.

I wonder if she wears these back home?
post #57 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 11:04 AM
Veteran

Jen is actually a professional model/actress. She has her own website.
www.jenjohnsonmodel.com . There are some nice shots of her. She's been
on Las Vegas and CSI a few times. She is not a nanny, thats just a ruse.
post #58 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 11:09 AM
Digital Sage

Usually the whole "cast" are actors or wannabe actors. Season 1 seems to be the only season to feature real people.
post #59 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 11:59 AM
Veteran

post #60 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-24, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99
Usually the whole "cast" are actors or wannabe actors. Season 1 seems to be the only season to feature real people.
True. From what I've heard, Eric has been trying out for BB since Season 2. Some people seem to do a "reality show tour" and try to get on all the various reality shows. I know some people have appeared on several. Seems like it's a "job" for them. I'm curious how much these people get paid (if anything) while they're on the show.

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in