Big Brother Season 8 official thread - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-18, 01:46 AM

Check this out http://communities.canada.com/global...d/default.aspx

I think its Powell but I haven't been there yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-18, 02:05 AM

It very much is him. I guess that explains it, he must be something else for Global as well ... he was pretty high up the Canoe food chain.
post #33 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-18, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

John Powell's summaries are great. Thanks for the link. It's hard to keep up with all the details that are not covered by the show. We miss so much and who the hell has time to watch the live feeds, let alone read all the live feed updates. I see he's of the opinion that Jen's behaviour is all an act. He likens her to Will - what you see is what you get. I'm not sure I'd go that far just yet, but when she does have 1-on-1 conversations, she does tend to drop the dumb act.

Classic converstation between Joe and Jen:
Quote:
Joe enters the HoH room to speak to Jen.
Joe: Do you have any idea who you are putting up?
Jen: Yes, I am putting you up.
Joe: What is the reason?
Jen: There is no reason. You are going up.
Heh heh. Too funny.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook

post #34 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-18, 12:34 PM
PFD

Thanks for the new John Powell link. I was wondering what happened to him. I suppose his Surivor picks and boots will also end up there.
post #35 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-18, 01:09 PM

I was wondering what happened to the Canoe dude myself...

I think the show is getting very interestings now but since I'm not watching the after hours I have no idea what the "main" alliance dudes are up to - Mike has had next to no airtime and the insane clown smile guy is definitely up to something - he's pulling stoopid Jen's strings that is for sure...

I didn't like Joe at the start but he is growing on me - he calls everyone out everytime!

I don't want Dick to go either but whatchagonnado?
post #36 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-19, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Results from tonight:

- Joe was evicted by a vote of 9-1
- Dick is the new HoH

Oh boy - this should be interesting. I predict Kail and Jen will be up for nominations.

We shall see...

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #37 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-20, 12:06 AM
Digital Sage

I love E.D. and his daughter is slowing warming up to him.
post #38 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-21, 12:53 AM
Veteran

I'm a Jen convert. Hated her T-shirts and the crying over her photos. But other than those 2 things she's probably the 2nd most normal person (after 'America's Ringer')

I like her effervescent attitude and the way she deflects vicious attacks from dbags like Evil Dick.

I especially like her refreshing candor and the fact she's not so overly tactical and manipulative as the other players.

Even if you're not into the barbie doll body type, you have to appreciate how well she wore the unitard and how creative she was with it.
post #39 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-21, 12:59 AM
Veteran

Quote:
There's also a conspiracy theory running around the 'net (and in the house) that the "tea cup" question was rigged to allow for two possible answers (count the opening or don't count the opening in the calculation) in order to let CBS control who became HoH at the very end.
Though the producers are highly manipulative, they aren't pulling tiny meaningless gimmick tricks like this.

If they ever did want to rig a season, they'd do it by planting a hand-picked contestant in a house flush with flakes and losers. Then they'll create a twist where they can pretty much control that player's every move. Dunno if and when that will happen though.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised.
I would be... have you seen these live HOH competitions? They can barely pull them off without gaming the result. I don't think Julie Chen is well suited for such a trick either.

Last edited by Neild; 2007-07-21 at 01:05 AM.
post #40 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-21, 01:13 AM
Veteran

Quote:
The fact that Jen nominated a father/daugther combination who haven't spoken in a few years is pretty heartless IMHO.
Heartless? Was it heartless to split up one pair last week and a different pair this week?

The houseguests may be vain but not stupid. They are wasting no time splitting up the pairs.

This is a contest, not a mediation. The tension between those two was probably awful and splitting them up probably benefits everyone including themselves.

Quote:
Later in the game is fine but doesn't this woman have any compassion?
What is the specific point in the game when a contestant should switch from trying to be compassionate to actually playing the game?
post #41 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-21, 01:30 AM
Veteran

Quote:
I don't get the infatuation the guys have with Danielle. I've seen fatter people coming out of Auschwitz in 1945. Why would anybody want to wipe butter off her? You may get splinters.

Too bad...cause she is a pretty girl; but she's definately anorexic
This is a sore subject with me. She certainly does appear to have eating disorder.

And if you study that illness, you will see an overwhelming correlation of victims who have major relationship problems with one or both parents.

The show producers put an obvious eating disorder victim into a surprise forced confinement with her estranged parent.

This strikes me as a wreckless act that any reputable psychologist would counsel against.

Consider this:
* this illness is commonly refered to as 'E.D.'
* E.D. victims are often girls with abusive or overbearing fathers
* her father's nickname is 'E.D.'
* at the very least, Dick has got an abusive and overbearing personality

If you wrote a a show with this kind of plotline, it would be considered too far-fetched.
post #42 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-22, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Results from tonight's show:

Kail's alliance seems to be all but dead after her three boys did not vote with her. ED seemed to indicate early that he was going to be targeting Kail, Zach and Mike. No one is on slop this week as the whole house competed for food. Amber's crying is starting to get RIDICULOUS. She cries at EVERYTHING. Sigh... a funny moment was when Eric and Jen wrestled and she kicked his ass. Damn she is competitive. Eric, America's Player, has been tasked with targeting Jen for nomination and will become a "Secret Vandal" later in the week based on who America votes to have targeted to have their stuff stolen.

ED and Nick had a sort of man-to-man conversation about "trust" and his daughter. I'm sure Nick felt like he was auditioning to get permission to date Daniele.

At the nomination ceremony, to no one's surprise, ED nominated Kail and Jen. Eric completes that task.

I think it will be interesting to see how Jen reacts to being on the block. When she was wrestling, her true competitive self came out. I think she'll be in the game after this.

Next show: Tuesday @ 9:00pm EST on CBS.

Cheers.

post #43 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-22, 10:28 PM
Digital Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neild View Post

Consider this:
* this illness is commonly refered to as 'E.D.'
* E.D. victims are often girls with abusive or overbearing fathers
* her father's nickname is 'E.D.'
* at the very least, Dick has got an abusive and overbearing personality

If you wrote a a show with this kind of plotline, it would be considered too far-fetched.
E.D. is more commonly associated with another medical condition.
post #44 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 08:54 AM
Veteran

I think Jen is a borderline sociopath, I wouldn't be sad to see her go this week.
post #45 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-23, 09:32 AM
Digital Sage

But she is Jentastic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in