Big Brother Season 8 official thread - Page 20 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #286 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-19, 01:48 PM

It was the best season ever and he was the best character ever. He said everything that was on his mind - outted everyone - and did not lie.

America's vote was brilliant!

I always hate the end of reality shows when the sh*t floats to the end - such as life...

That was great when he slammed everyone (except for Eric & Zach) one more time during this speech.

Fantastic!

America's player did take a lot of wind out of his sails as he thought they did it as a team.

Oh well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #287 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-19, 04:52 PM

I will say this.Dick may not have been the best player he was with out a doubt the dirtest.We don't know if he did lie this whole think making up with damiel could have been a lie to play the game.
post #288 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-19, 05:22 PM

Hopefully he will blow all the money on hookers, drugs and booze...
It does show you that in the game, and the game of life, you can be a Dick, and win
Nice guys don't finish 1st

post #289 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-19, 05:43 PM
Veteran

Good for Dick...a true hero in America's eyes...and mine.

All the other people this year were whiny, spoiled babies that didn't know how to react to Dick...and even in the end...after he told them to their faces that he didn't believe any of them...except for maybe Eric, should be in the final two...they still voted for him...brilliant.

Let's face it people...in the poll they had...Dick was 85% liked...and then next closest was Dany ay 60%...Eric at 58%...everyone else below 50.

Dick was a ratings guru...and deservedly he won.
post #290 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-19, 05:54 PM

He was good for ratings, thats for sure, but I don't like that he was rewarded for being a bully
Put your wife, in the shoes of some of the women he verbally attacked, and see if you opinion of him changes
Maybe its just me (the wife was happy he won!?!) but I wanted someone, anyone to stand up to him, and put him in his place, but nobody did
I think most competitors lied and cheated on the show, but he always tried to call everyone else out for lying to him, even though he was doing the same (lying and backstabbing, remember his pact with Eric and Danielle?)
I also feel for Danielle's poor boyfriend who had to watch her "flirt"/kiss with the pro football player
Ahhhhhhh, now on to the next reality tv show, Survivor...
post #291 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-20, 08:25 AM
Veteran

Glad he won, its shows that everyone loves a villan. Would have been kool to see him against the likes of Jace?(spelling) and Howie. Although howie could be shut down.
post #292 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-20, 02:52 PM

He wasn't a bully in my eyes. He was the straight dope - told it like it was. Nobody could stand up to him because they were complete flakes - and they knew it!

He only broke two alliances and he was forced to otherwise he would have never made it.

A great season by far - hopefully someone at CBS can do something about the bore we know as Survivor.

The concept is great but the delivery is so stale...
post #293 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-20, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm curious about the fall-out with Daniele's real boyfriend as well as what family members back home have to say about all the nasty crap that was said in the house. I'd like to see a conversation between Jameka and Dick's Mom (who is an ordained minister) after all the name calling and religion bashing. Maybe they could get them all on Jerry Springer.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #294 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-20, 02:58 PM

KIngbozzo
I am taking it you did not watch the complete show.

1)Attacked what people beleave in.

2)Pushed is weight around over and over.

3)Made threats.

4)Blowed smoke in peoples faces.

From another board there are many who think that this is not the real dick.So in terms yes he was a flake aslo.Dick aslo has a very long criminal record.
post #295 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-09-20, 05:51 PM

I think it was the real Dick, and he was a real, well...
Not hard to imagine him as an abuser
I would like to see him in Fox's Reality Boxing (Didn't they do that a few years ago?)
Maybe at the end of his 15 minutes of fame, he will get a chance to stand up to someone that is not afraid of him
Everyone lies on Big Brother
They make alliances
Then they break them
It is funny when they accuse others of lying/breaking their promises when everyone always does it
Dick was a real tough guy for blowing smoke in Jens face
I would have made him eat his cigarette, and maybe a few teeth if he tried that on me
Bullying a woman doesn't make you a tough guy, at least in my eyes, it just makes you look like a Dick, even if the girl is nuttier than squirrel turds (Jen is, or played the part of a crazy girl, but that doesnt mean she should be burned, or have drinks poured on her head)
post #296 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-11-15, 11:06 PM
Veteran

Its back. Starting Feb 7/08, Big Brother 9. Saw the commercial !! They are currently casting.
post #297 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-11-15, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Bring it on!!!

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #298 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-11-15, 11:21 PM
Veteran

Lots of info on it on www.tvgrapevine.com . I think they are bringing it back because of the writers strike to fill some time slots.
post #299 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-11-15, 11:41 PM

perfect!! i love that reality show garbage!!!

i really do =)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in