Big Brother Season 8 official thread - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-13, 01:23 PM
PFD

Agree about Jen being eye candy. But she does come across as a bit of a flake.

I don't get the infatuation the guys have with Danielle. I've seen fatter people coming out of Auschwitz in 1945. Why would anybody want to wipe butter off her? You may get splinters.

Too bad...cause she is a pretty girl; but she's definately anorexic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-15, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Sunday's recap:

Jen is the HoH and man is she dumb. I'm pretty sure she has no concept of how to play this game and her strategy is skin deep. Clearly she's taking everything personally. When her HoH room was revealed she was disappointed in the pics and took the one of her and her Mom down because she was not wearing makeup in the shot. I'm sure her Mom just loved that. I was surprised she did not start crying right away. What an unbelievably shallow person.

The boys came up with a "Jen" Drinking game - every time she says "I" they drink. Heh heh. They were drinking a lot.

In the food challenge the boys won, and the girls are on slop for a week. Joe played on the girls team to even things up.

EvilDick told Jen she's self centered and to stop thinking of only herself. Was
that a test to see how far he could go? Would he get nominated for calling her out? He was angry because she came into the room where he was sleeping and started talking out loud about her hair. What is up with this girl?

At the nomination ceremony, Daniele and EvilDick were put up. The father daughter pair. Jen's reason was that they brought "negativity" to the house, but clearly it's because she's jealous of Nick and Daniele's relationship and she doesn't like being told the truth about herself by EvilDick.

Should be an interesting week.

Cheers.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #18 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-16, 10:26 AM
Digital Sage

Jen is a nutcase. I have a hard time she is a real person and not somebody planted in the show just to annoy the others.

Does she own a piece of clothing without her name on it?

I love evil dick though.

post #19 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-16, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Some people are starting to think this is her strategy. To act dumb, clueless and shallow so that she's not seen as a threat and will be "strung along" while other threats are voted out. However, she's yet to reveal that this is her intention in the diary room as far as I know. Only time will tell. I truly hope this is an act, I can't imagine someone being like this in real life. Or is that what all of Hollywood is like?

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #20 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-16, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

There's also a conspiracy theory running around the 'net (and in the house) that the "tea cup" question was rigged to allow for two possible answers (count the opening or don't count the opening in the calculation) in order to let CBS control who became HoH at the very end.

I wouldn't be surprised.

post #21 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-16, 12:58 PM
Digital Sage

My answer for the teacup was 0 since I expected everybody to go over and you couldn't help notice the door opening.
post #22 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-16, 01:47 PM

It is getting to the point where she is so dumb it is unbelievable what comes out of her mouth - its fishy.

Kudo's to Dick for slamming her just before nominations!

Does America's choice get paid even though whats-her-face wasn't put on the block?
post #23 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-16, 08:43 PM
Veteran

That was actually a stupid move on the part of "Evil Dick". He just sent himself packing. He should have kept his mouth shut. It was obvious that Jen would take this personally, but its not a good idea to mouth off to the current HOH. Dumb, dumb, dumb. See ya later Dick. I also dont think Jen is as much of a bimboo as the editing is making her out to be. You really have to watch the live feeds unedited. I'll agree she is incredibly self centred and shallow, probably narcissistic too.
post #24 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-17, 01:16 PM

He isn't dumb, he just has balls - he said what needed to be said - not that it makes a difference at the end-of-the-day...
post #25 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-17, 02:02 PM
Digital Sage

I agree, he expected to be nominated anyway. The fact that Jen nominated a father/daugther combination who haven't spoken in a few years is pretty heartless IMHO.

Later in the game is fine but doesn't this woman have any compassion?
post #26 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-17, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Next episode is tonight @ 9:00pm on CBS. The PoV competition will be held and the winner's decision will be revealed.

post #27 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-17, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Results from tonight's show:
- Daniele won the PoV
- Daniele used the PoV to save herself
- Jen put Joe up in place of Daniele

Some thoughts. Nick seems to be falling for Daniele. Is it for real or are they playing each other? Amber cries way too much. I mean WAY TOO MUCH. Stand up for crying out loud. Heh. Jen is stirring the pot and creating huge drama but still ended up being manipulated by the group into putting Joe up. I'm not convinced her behaviour is an act. When she saw Nick and Daniele all close she immediately announced she was putting Nick up on the block. She is totally reckless, but it's fun to watch.

Looks like Joe is heading home. The house seems to be on EvilDick's side... for now. Let the campaigning begin.

Live eviction is on Thursday's show @ 8:00pm EST on CBS.

Cheers.

post #28 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-17, 10:17 PM
Digital Sage

I still find it hard to believe she's a real person.
post #29 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-17, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Maybe she's a fembot? Heh heh. On the plus side, EvilDick won a Plasma TV. I hope it's 1080p!

post #30 of 299 (permalink) Old 2007-07-17, 10:53 PM

You know ... I find the show far less interesting without John Powell's blog. It's always been kind of a useless show, but Powell made it interesting. Not sure why Canoe isn't having him blog it this year ... it's too bad.

That said, the only interesting dynamic is Evil Dick trying to get a handle on his relationship with his daughter. If he goes ... I'll probably tune out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in