Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

The Lab with Leo Laporte (cancelled March 6th 2008)

18K views 92 replies 37 participants last post by  technut 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Lab with Leo Laporte starts taping in Vancouver today. 15 shows are being taped from now till Friday and you can catch a shot of the studio webcam at labwithleo.com during taping. The first show will air on G4 TechTV on April 22/07 as a replacement to Call For Help which concluded in January.

Admin Note:

See post #29 for cancellation news

#2 ·
I enjoyed watching call for help.
I would record em and FF to parts that were on interest to me. With the new name are they not taking calls any more?
Ill tune in and see how the show is. Will take some time getting used to it. The other people on call for help made it what it was and with out mike and amber I wonder how good it will be.

#4 ·
Strangely I think that we may get the short end of the stick in canada.
It's shot in HD and it will probably not broadcast here in that format.
Leo will bring along all his usual contributers so it will be hard for it not
to be interesting. As far as I know they will still be taking calls from viewers.
It would be nice if they would be on discovery or some other HD channel as
I would like to dump G4Techtv. Aside from leo, and olivia munn I am tired of
their content. Repeatx-play is even getting old.

#10 ·
Q: The lovely Amber MacArthur :D

I will give it chance to the new show. Beside it's a timer on my PVR. ;)

Maybe they will dig deeper into a subject hence the name The Lab.

lostcomma: If it's shot in HD, maybe it will be possible to download it thru a third party site for $2.

The only 2 show that I watch or "speed watch: are:
Attack Of The Show
Call for Help soon to be The Lab with Leo Laporte

Anyway, just a few days to see how well the transition was made. It should be warmer for Leo now

#14 ·
Q: The lovely Cat Schwartz :D

or check on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_For_Help to get her name

jacksparrow: I think he meant it in a generic way by choosing hardware/software and not building a computer per say. It might be on ScreenSavers or the old Call For help(US). I don't recall for the Canadian version unless I missed that one.

ninty: It might be a shorter traveling time. He could save a few days over a year. ;) He has a family and a young teenage daughter and may want to keep a eye on the young "bucks" that are near her. :rolleyes:

#25 · (Edited)
The Lab is shot in HD. They have to convert the HD to SD in order for G4TechTV to air it. They had some technical problems in doing this which resulted in the darkness. During this month's shoot cycle (episdoes 16-30) they made some adjustments which apparently has corrected it.
Tip: turn up the brightness on your television set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.