Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

The Lab with Leo Laporte (cancelled March 6th 2008)

18K views 92 replies 37 participants last post by  technut 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Lab with Leo Laporte starts taping in Vancouver today. 15 shows are being taped from now till Friday and you can catch a shot of the studio webcam at labwithleo.com during taping. The first show will air on G4 TechTV on April 22/07 as a replacement to Call For Help which concluded in January.

Admin Note:

See post #29 for cancellation news

#82 ·
This channel is flying fast downhill. The only shows that get new episodes are Attack of the show and X-play everything else is repeats. they need to either sell off the channel to someone who wants it or they need to pull there act together because im sure they are loosing subscrbers by the thousands right now.
Electric Playground and Reviews on the Run get new episodes. I agree they need to get some new programming though, too much repetition on the channel

#88 ·
I can't believe that on all the channels in the U.S., there isn't one call in computer help show like Lab with Leo.

G4, which is supposed to be tech tv, doesn't have this kind of show now that Leo was cancelled.

Maybe this type of show is "boring" for G4 but I liked the old "Screen Savers".

AOTS is ok but it doesn't answer how-to tech questions.

#90 ·
What has replaced TechTV for me is all of the spin offs that were mentioned earlier in this thread. Systm, DL.TV,tekzilla, the totally rad show and soon Twit Live. They are all doing their video podcasts in HD (h.264) I have Itunes running on my HTPC and always have a couple of shows ready to watch. Basically the same crew from the old TechTV but now in HD!!

#91 ·
Rumours continue to fly around the Rogers/City empire in Toronto that Leo will get another crack at televison through City Tv. Maybe Mr. Ted likes older people....although Peter Silverman did not survive. As you know the internet lady was dumped with a few hours notice earlier this year. Lets wait and see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.