HD: Sopranos - Season 6 Part 2 Official Thread - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 09:18 PM
Veteran

I really enjoyed this last episode. I don't share the view of others in this thread who are talking about it going down the tubes. It seems the writing is pretty consistent, and so far, a lot of ground has been covered in not so many episodes.

There's definitely a showdown coming with the New York family. It'll be interesting to see how that develops...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 11:18 PM
Veteran

Before we all freak out this weekend, remember that it's the US Memorial Day weekend, and typically HBO does not show first-run episodes on the long weekend. I haven't checked the listings yet.....I'm just saying - be prepared for Tony et al. to be AWOL this weekend.
post #93 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 11:23 PM

I really enjoyed this last episode. I don't share the view of others in this thread who are talking about it going down the tubes. It seems the writing is pretty consistent, and so far, a lot of ground has been covered in not so many episodes.

I agree I LOVE this show it just keeps getting better and better.

post #94 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-03, 09:57 PM

All I got to say is, wow! I wish they would have spread this episode over some of the previous episodes this season...although they may have done this purposefully (for contrast).
post #95 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-03, 10:10 PM

I'm still trying to recap all that happened during this show. WOW! Looks like a `bang up`ending.
post #96 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-04, 12:21 PM

Best episode of the year! The funniest part of the episode was AJ crying in the closet. It is not looking too good for Tony. I was actually anxious watching the last 10 minutes last night. I am pumped for next Sunday!
post #97 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-04, 12:55 PM
Veteran

I don't know - just seemed like a typical mob story with everyone killing everyone. No "Oh My God" moments. And it's like after all of this stalling, their trying to jam too much into the remaining time. The only shock is that some of the key characters are gone.

And what's with the lame cameos of some of the characters from the past (i.e. AJ's old girlfriend, Artie and his annoying wife, and Rosalie Aprile) - they served no purpose in moving the story along.

If you compare this to how ground breaking and shocking Six Feet Under was by the second last episode, the Sopranos pales in comparison.

My prediction for next week: Tony will get killed about 45 mins in and the remaining 15 mins will be some sort of twist like it was all a dream (a la Dallas) or all someone's imagination for a book or something (a la St. Elsewhere).

I'm hoping for one of the best endings in television history but I don't think it's gonna happen.
post #98 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-04, 01:31 PM
Veteran

Great episode! How the mighty have fallen. What an appropriate image at the end: Tony lying in bed clutching a gun to his chest. Looks like the best man is going win. Tony's attempt at Phil was amateur hour compared to Phil's all-out assault on Tony's crew. God, is Paulie going to be the last man standing???
post #99 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-04, 02:06 PM

Great finale coming up. Definitely a mistake imo not to stitch the final two episodes together and play it as a film, all the momentum has now been lost.
post #100 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-04, 02:39 PM
Veteran

Uh, the amateur hour was largely Paulie's doing. Add in the fact Phil had already gone into hiding, and they didn't have a chance at getting it right.
Had Paulie been the contact, instead of passing it off to Parisi, the Ukrainian clues would probably have been caught much sooner. As is was, that info was filtered out by the time news got to Paulie.

As for the finale, it's definitely not looking good for Tony. In the last few episodes, he's "lost" Christopher, Sil, Bobby, and Dr. Melfi. A.J. is essentially lost as well. Junior too (not that Tony would have gone to him for counsel after the shooting, but Junior can't remember things anymore). Even Hesh and Tony aren't on good terms. Paulie's still around, but Tony thought about dumping him in the ocean a few episodes ago. Seems everything this season has been about things in Tony's life spinning out of control.

All in all, it looks set up to go exactly as Phil wanted. Which means something else will crop up... Any bets on floating asbestos playing a role in the finale? :-)
post #101 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-04, 08:56 PM

I don't see any type of bizarre dream sequence for the final. That would be truly disappointing. I too was anxious at the end. Based on this last show, there are 2 outcomes. Either Tony is taken down ( prison, death ) as his world is falling apart or somehow he pulls it out of the bag and gets the better of Phil. My bet is on the latter as 'T' always seems to land on his feet. I don't see him being a 'rat' either.

Either he is face down in his pool with his gaggle of Canadian Geese swimming by or he is in the Bada Bing smokin' a large cigar flashing that king sh*t smile that says he is 'king of his world'.
post #102 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-04, 10:48 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_Calgary View Post
Tony will get killed about 45 mins in and the remaining 15 mins will be some sort of twist like it was all a dream (a la Dallas) or all someone's imagination for a book or something (a la St. Elsewhere).
For the record, St. Elsewhere turned out to be the mental wanderings of an autistic kid.....brilliant. As for where The Sopranos is heading, just so long as Tony doesn't wake up in bed next to Suzanne Pleshette, I think I'll be happy. And whoever said that the only "funny" part was AJ crying in the closet.....if by "funny", you mean "tragically sad", I guess so......but to me it was far more an expression of Tony's self-hatred of his own depression being taken out on his son. Not exactly what I consider "funny".....
post #103 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-05, 07:58 AM
Veteran

I still think AJ is going to kill someone (maybe Phil or his dad?) by the end.
post #104 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-05, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I still think AJ is going to kill someone (maybe Phil or his dad?) by the end.
I agree, but I think it will be himself.
Then that will drive Tony bananas and the body count will rise.
It's a total shakespearean tragedy and everyone who is anyone integral to the story will be eliminated.
post #105 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-06-05, 11:26 AM
Veteran

I too think the final tragedy will involve one or both of Tony's kids...that would be the ultimate payback for his life of crime....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in