HD: Sopranos - Season 6 Part 2 Official Thread - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-11, 05:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
forget Bobby he's done, after popping his cherry he left a little DNA calling card when the vic tore his shirt.....then he goes and drops his piece! Even the SQ should be able to figure that one out quickly.
Well that is standard practice for (Hollywood) mob hits.
They use a 'clean' gun not implicated in a prior crime and with no traces back to the killer, they use someone with no direct connections to the victim, etc.

For police to match DNA, they need a suspect DNA to compare against.

I don't know that we've ever seen any reason for Bobby's DNA to be in a Canadian data bank. His trip was probably under some assumed identity.

Obviously if someone gets nabbed for some petty crime and starts to squeal, connections could eventually be drawn back to Bobby.

But that's a stretch, and remember Sopranos is about the characters and stories, not about solving crimes using fantasy science. The way the episode opened is more in keeping with how convictions seem to happen on the Sopranos... some 2 bit character screws up or sings when they get pinched, or some inconsequential event leads to something bigger.

That is one of the main plot vehicles of the Sopranos.... Chris and Paulie murder a waiter over a tip, Vito ends up clipping a guy arising from a fender bender, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-15, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

post #33 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-17, 12:49 AM
Veteran

Well, I definitely did not enjoy this episode as much as the previous one. This whole Cleaver plot is stupid. I mean come on... even real gangsters can figure out there's no money to be made with a stupid movie like that.

Anyway, it was kind of slow and sort of dragged on. Just my $0.02...

post #34 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-17, 01:02 PM

I think the message in this episode was the fact that the plot line in the movie resembled Tony Soprano's life and apparently Tony caught the message (if there was one.) The relationship between Tony and Chris may very well take a turn for the worse. I was surprised that Carmella hasn't clued in to the disappearance of Adriana and I don't think that situation is over yet either. I think the episode is laying the groundwork for future interesting developments. The hospital scene of Johnny Sacks was very well done although he did look rather healthy for a cancer patient.
post #35 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-17, 01:58 PM
Veteran

I found myself thinking that the 'Cleaver' plot point was a 'jump the shark' moment for one of my favourite shows ever. By the end, though, I had forgiven them as I can see how it is setting up the final showdown between Tony and Chris. After having fallen out with Bobby in the previous episode (who was really just a substitute for Chris anyway), now Tony has nobody to hand the business down to. And, more importantly, no more confidant. All around him he is seeing the same kind of succession problems in other parts of the family. His world is crumbling. Just 6 more episodes.

BTW, regarding the whole Bobby thing, don't forget that he did the exact same thing with Chris about 3 seasons ago. Manipulated him into killing a guy by telling him (lying to him) that the guy had killed Chris's father. It's so that Tony always has something over the other person. Also makes for a deeper lever of commitment to the family.
post #36 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-17, 04:47 PM

I don't think it was ever confirmed that the guy Tony said killed Chris' father was responsible or not. I assumed it was real but I did have doubt.

Was Johnny diagnosed with cancer in the previous season? I don't remember hearing anything about it until this past episode.
post #37 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-17, 09:51 PM

Let's face it, David Chase & company have definitely jumped the shark. Season 6A began with those interminable episodes about Tony's endless dream while in his post-gunshot coma. And this season's first two episodes moved at a glacial pace. Most of the other characters are frantically being built up to conflict with Tony - Christopher, Bobby Baccala, Phil renewing his vows of vengeance for his brother - it's all way too soap-operaish. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to keep watching, but this potboiler is coming to its end not a moment too soon.
post #38 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-22, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyDragon View Post
I don't think it was ever confirmed that the guy Tony said killed Chris' father was responsible or not. I assumed it was real but I did have doubt.

Was Johnny diagnosed with cancer in the previous season? I don't remember hearing anything about it until this past episode.
There was no mention of it until that one episode were he died. In the last episode we seen him he was still in prison smoking as usual.
post #39 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-26, 10:31 PM

While, I too, will watch every remaining episode, I can't wait for it to just be over. This whole last season, parts A and B, so far, have just been duds.

I was so hoping that Tony was going to throw Paulie overboard, just to see the total wuss's face when the end had come. But no.

Every thing I think is going to lead to something never does.

And it's looking like it never will...
post #40 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-30, 11:57 PM

I too am a little disappointed at this point of the season. They're setting up Tony to be a gambling addict. This is certainly not his biggest flaw. I do not expect the writers to continue this angle of his character, but if they do, I would be very disappointed.
post #41 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 07:48 AM
Veteran

I think that gambling is just another example of Tony's life spiraling out of control. Each episode so far he looses another confidant. The issue with Hesh seemed a bit contrived though. We didn't see him lend Tony money (did we?) so that came out of the blue. I guess we're left to wonder if Tony had something to do with the death of his girl friend? That relationship is over!

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X
post #42 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 12:22 PM

I believe when Tony was in Florida he called Hesh to get a loan for $200K.
post #43 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 12:54 PM

Yup - he called Hesche from his hotel room - asked for a $200k bridge loan

Paul - Nikon D80
www.pauldunlopphotography.ca
post #44 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 03:51 PM
Veteran

Okay, I guess I missed that...

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X
post #45 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-05-07, 09:35 AM

Not sure where the series is headed for. A bit surprised with the shot to the head......hopefully all will be answered in the final episode. My greatest fear is that the program will just fade to black without any resolution of the current issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in