HD: Sopranos - Season 6 Part 2 Official Thread - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 10:30 AM

I assume the ripped shirt will come back to haunt Bobby. He didn't look to happy he had to do the deed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 10:36 AM

Movie Central HD started the episode about five minutes late, showing its viewers dead air. It concluded with another five minutes of dead air until the next show started. Obviously they don't have any previews or trailers.

I liked the first episode, and I'm looking forward to next week.
post #18 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

He also dropped the gun.

post #19 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 12:03 PM

You always drop the gun if your wearing gloves, No fingerprinters and you don't want to get caught with it.

Has anyone ever written to MC or MN and asked them why they don't show the previews for next week? Or does HBO charge extra for that ??

Also on MCHD both entourage and sorpanos didn't start till 4 or 5 minutes after the hour, whats up with that ??? give people a chance if they miss the start on the other channel ?
post #20 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 12:27 PM
Veteran

The kill was Bobbys first and Tony's revenge...although I don't think the revenge part is finished yet.

Also did anyone catch the line about the Canadian border and a wall.
post #21 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 03:11 PM
Veteran

Ya, I did catch that line. Pretty funny (I assume it was mean to be funny).

Tony is normally pretty careful about civilian casualties, so I assume that was his revenge, either ordering Bobby to murder someone (something that will likely trouble Bobby) or hoping he gets caught.

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X
post #22 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 03:28 PM
Veteran

I thought it was a bore. Like almost all of last season. This show has really gone down hill since the end of the first 5 seasons where it was interesting thanks to Ritchie, Ralphie, and cousin Tony.

Even though Tony made Bobby do the hit, I don't think Tony will let go of his grudge and Bobby's days are numbered.

And I can't remember: why was he pissed with Chris?
post #23 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 03:35 PM

Tony is upset with Chris because he is doing the female real estate agent (Julianna Margulies) that Tony tried to get something going on with.
post #24 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 03:52 PM

Also, Chris didn't show up when Tony got back from jail
post #25 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 08:59 PM
Veteran

Ah right - thanks guys. It's hard to remember when it's been so long since the last batch of episodes they (at least not on MC) don't show a "last time on ..." type reminder clip.
post #26 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-09, 09:03 PM

epguides might help:

http://www.epguides.com/Sopranos/
post #27 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-11, 12:33 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers Cable Sony 50" SXRD, SA8300HD 320 GB, SA8300 SD , 2 x SA 3200
Ripped Shirt....Other Evidence

MTLNORM/CANAD,

I think the bigger issue for Bobby is that when the guy he shot fell to the floor, Bobby's chain (necklace) was sitting in the middle of the guys chest.

You had to know that the whole conversation between Bobby and Tony talking on the boat in the Adirondacks about Bobby not having "popped his cherry" after all these years was going to come back and haunt him by the episode's end.

If I go into CSI mode, in his first murder Bobby left bullets behind (one in the vic and one in the dryer likely with fingerprint or dna evidence on them), his shirt got ripped (likely some trace evidence under the vics fingernails), he dropped the gun (I didn't see Bobby wear gloves, so likely fingerprint evidence) and his chain got left behind (was it inscribed? were there fingerprints on it).

Bobby's pooched!
post #28 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-11, 04:25 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_rookie
If I go into CSI mode, in his first murder Bobby left bullets behind (one in the vic and one in the dryer likely with fingerprint or dna evidence on them), his shirt got ripped (likely some trace evidence under the vics fingernails), he dropped the gun (I didn't see Bobby wear gloves, so likely fingerprint evidence) and his chain got left behind (was it inscribed? were there fingerprints on it).

Bobby's pooched!
Well in the HD broadcast you can clearly see he's wearing rubber gloves.

I for one have always appreciated that Sopranos isn't CSI. There's something refreshing about seeing Paulie bust into drug den, stab a guy, and leave all kinds of blood and evidence around. It sets the tone that these mafia characters are above the law, and that the law is fairly unable or unmotivated to go after the day to day criminal-on-criminal type of crimes.

Bobby and the victim are (at least from the police point of view) totally unconnected, so there'd be no reason to compell a DNA sample from Bobby for them to match against.

It did bother me that the shirt rip even happened. It was pretty unrealistic, I mean it ripped away like paper in a completely impossible fashion.

Maybe there's a twist coming to tie this back to the conclusion, but I will be most pleased if it just becomes one of the many colorful loose ends that keep fans (and critics) of the series wagging their tongues.

To me the meaning of it was that Bobby was asked to do a senseless and fairly meaningless murder of a disconnected stranger for little reason other than to get a price cut on a drug deal. It was a convenient that Bobby still hadn't done an act that (I think?) is considered a mandatory step before being promoted to captain.

We see in the episode Tony hang up on Chris, we hear Tony say that he and his assumed successor are at odds. Was this murder just a formality, fulfilling mafia protocol so Tony can promote Bobby?

The Quebec murder was followed immediately by Bobby returning to the lake and enjoying a idyllic moment with his family set to pleasant music. We're to see this as a normal man returning from a business trip just happy to be back and questioning whether his 'career' is worth the time spent away from home. That's been the brilliance of the Sopranos, putting the mob characters in the same light as all of us ordinary joes.

Last edited by Neild; 2007-04-11 at 04:32 PM.
post #29 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-11, 05:18 PM
Veteran

Neild, it's all about the "business" *pronounced in a Jersey Italian American accent*

I liked this epidose very much. I got a chuckle out of Tony's b-day present from Carmella, and I'm not talking about the Taylor Mades

It's too bad the season will be so short.
post #30 of 184 (permalink) Old 2007-04-11, 05:29 PM

Bobby's Toast

forget Bobby he's done, after popping his cherry he left a little DNA calling card when the vic tore his shirt.....then he goes and drops his piece! Even the SQ should be able to figure that one out quickly. Too bad nice cottage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in