'24' - Season 6 - Official Thread - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 02:58 AM

With apologies to MobileMuck because this is off topic.

To blackhawk72,

I fully support lost ad revenues at Global. I wish Global would disappear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 10:28 AM

>>>We've never seen them have anything in HD when it gets delayed for some reason, <<<

Is there a technical reason why Global could not rent an HD PVR from whoever the cable company is where they are based, record the show off Fox and then plug the PVR into their transmitter to replay the show in HD?

Of course, if it is an 8300HD, they would want the latest firmware or it would get "kicked to live" when the Fox broadcast stopped....
post #33 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 10:33 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Broadcasters do not use consumer equipment. They have servers, etc. These servers have interfaces with the rest of the equipment to interface with commercials, etc.

You wouldn' know it based on the "mess" that many broadcasters make of HD programmes, but it's a little more complex than having a human hit "play" on an SA8300HD...

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

post #34 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 10:49 AM
Q
Veteran

Awesome!!!!

I thought it was one of the best starts yet.

I recorded the OTA buffalo feed and BEV TMN-HD feed.

Both looked fantastic. The buffalo had intermitant pauses....sometimes every couple mins. so I switched to the boston feed (BEV) and it was excellent. I think it had 2 or 3 short blips which took nothing away from the viewing experience.

Joe
post #35 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 11:14 AM
Veteran

Can anyone catch me up on the season 6 prequel episode? I thought I had heard that Jack Bauer was broken out of the Chinese prison. So I was surprised when the US gov't bought him back from the Chinese.

I hope Jack gets his mojo back quickly. Is Jack still Jack if he isn't killing and torturing?

Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid.
post #36 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

The prequel showed Jack enjoying the... ahem... hospitality... of the Chinese in their prison. It showed him being interrogated in a manner quite similar to the way he was with Kingsley's men in Season 2 (that'll test your memory!). Then he was suddenly "rescued" by 2 Americans who shot up the place and left with Jack. But it was really just a plan staged by the Chinese to get Jack to identify the mole. At the end of the piece, the mole was killed, and Jack was returned to the friendly confines of his home away from home.
post #37 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 01:25 PM

In general terms enjoyed the opening two hours of 24 and will continue to watch or record as necessary. However the torture aspect and the same scenerios are getting overworked.......time for something new. Having not spoken for two years Jack did fairly well but he should try to speak above a whisper in the next two hours.
post #38 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 01:36 PM

I watched the first 4 episodes are on Saturday. I couldn't wait. As has been mentioned, hour 4 is jaw dropping. Major shockers. I would say it's arguably the best hour yet of 24 in it's 5 year history. This looks like it's going to be the best season yet.
post #39 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 01:45 PM
Veteran

Even though 24 is my favorite show after Lost, I didn't think the first 2 episodes were as intense as previous years. Maybe because Jack's daughter Kim isn't around making bad choices with bad luck, like in Season 1 and 2. But after reading this thread can't wait to tune in tonight!
post #40 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 03:10 PM

I agree gecko...I didn't think the opening two hours was that great, kind of mediocre actually. I am looking forward to things picking up tonight!
post #41 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Of course we do still have the not-quite-so-realistic real-time aspect too. My favourite from the first episode is our boy Jack, after 20 months without ever having seen soap, scissors or a Gilette Sensor, taking off his shirt to start getting cleaned up at 6:13 am... only to be freshly coiffed, professionally groomed and having travelled to the drop-off point at 6:28 am.

He really does do more in 15 minutes than many of us do in a day!!
post #42 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 05:00 PM

Also thought wasn't the best season opener. Wasn't as dramatic as last year with all the kill-offs in the 1st show. But then...there wouldn't be anyone left...

Funny also how 20 months later, Jack was pretty up-to-date on new cell phone features that permit entering Lat-Long info to get address through cell provider (which was followed by a cell phone provider ad for the exact same service....in HD!) Nice product placement!

Glad football pre-empted the Global feed, got to watch the Boston feed with a lot of commercials in HD.
post #43 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 06:24 PM
Q
Veteran

your right. last years was better.
post #44 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 09:40 PM
JCL

I think we should have a NO SPOILER rule here -- as is the case with forums like AVSforum.com. Some of the posts here were pretty close to being spoilers. Stuff like "Hour 4 is jaw dropping, major shockers" ..... mmmm?

If you want plot updates, go to www.wikipedia.org and lookup 24.
post #45 of 200 (permalink) Old 2007-01-15, 10:06 PM

man im gonna miss Kumar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in