All-Star Amazing Race Official Thread - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: Who will win Amazing Race 11?
Charla and Mirna 3 14.29%
Eric and Danielle 8 38.10%
Dustin and Kandice 10 47.62%
Oswald and Danny 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-14, 06:46 PM

Rob and Amber once again pay the price for back stabbing their fellow contestants and before you yell and say "it's a game show", I know that, it's just that it's the 2nd time they've lost now, and Uchenna and Joyce get 1 over them again.

Am glad they are gone, and can't stand the 2 of them anyway. Can you imagine with people like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-15, 04:23 PM

I think the Rob and Amber have been the best competitors the show has ever had and the show loses hugely by not having them anymore. Some might say arrogant or cocky but they sure knew how to play the game and the people in the game. They were very entertaining to watch!

Unfortunately there is an element of bad luck in this type of game and pressure can make any competitor overlook a dumb mistake. That and a bit of karma did them in. Too bad...

I like the blondes for the same reason.. I think they are great competitors and while they make a lot of dumb mistakes they seem to have a great attitude about the game and are focussed on winning all the time. They are entertaining to watch as well.

..Tom
post #63 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-16, 10:40 AM

Right...the best competitors, who've lost - TWICE!

post #64 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-16, 11:48 AM

The best competitors might not always be the ones that win. There is an element of luck involved in the game.. you can do everything so well that you are about to be a day ahead of the next player and by some strange stroke of luck the plane gets recalled back to the terminal to pick up the player behind you, who subsequently wins. You can have a delay in the flight, you can misread or misplace a clue.. lots of things can happen.

I consider Rob and Amber the best competitors because of the way they play the game.. focused on winning, not whinning, looking for any angle to give them an advantage, playing the little head games that can mess up their competition, etc. It is a stressful game but they have a great attitude and their heads were always in the game. All this make them great to watch! For similar reasons I like the Beauty Queens.. they mess up more and make mistakes but their attitude is almost alway positive.

Many others trudge along complaing how their competition treat them porly, complaining about this and that and being rather annoying to watch.

..Tom
post #65 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-16, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

Luck (good or bad) plays a big part in most eliminations.

Only one team (U&J) are previous winners of AR. A true All-Star Race would just feature the winners.

I think the hippies were better players than team Rob.

Most teams selected for this race (any season) are not very good. They are selected for drama over skill.

Team Rob was selected because they are owned by CBS.
post #66 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-19, 08:28 AM
Veteran

Anyone else find that last night's episode was a little boring without Romber to stir the pot?

Worst eposide of this not so good season IMO.
post #67 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-19, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

Nope, I'm still celebrating that Team Rob is gone. The Race is now a race once again.

The whole "repect" speech by Charla and Myrna was funny and I'm glad U&J are still around. Good thing the non-elimination part of the race wasn't last week.

A Fast Forward will probably show up next week to help U&J out.
post #68 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-19, 09:53 AM

I never really found that Team Rob (thanks for this one James) "stirred the pot" in anyway that would make it interesting. Sure, they managed to get under the other team's skin, but it never made the race more interesting for me.

The detours weren't that exciting last night, but it was better than the scond episode (I think) which was crazy simple. I was amazed at the difference in detours - I think the teams that nail-polished finished 1-2-3. Will be curious to see how big a difference it was...
post #69 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-19, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

Sometimes selecting the wrong detour can result in diaster which could explain why nobody went home last night. The 2 tasks weren't equal and never seemed equal even when the detour was read. I can only assume that the "racers" assumed the folks were so poor that it would be hard to find people who were willing to pay for such a service.

Glad to see the blondes have fun last night and give the little kid a free nail polish.

Charla and Myrna were lucky to find a local to guide them to where they needed to go.
post #70 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-19, 10:10 AM
Veteran

Annoying and More Annoying always strong arm people into helping them. It's part of their charm... NOT!
post #71 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-19, 05:39 PM

I just can't believe Mirna & Shmirna actually came in first. I keep shaking my head in amazement every time I think about it.

Glad to see Joyce & Uchenna are still in it, even if I'm not much of a Uchenna fan. You could totally tell that Phil was gonna tell them it was a non-elimination leg, by the way he kept pausing before saying the words. I'm really liking this "marked for elimination" thing -- way more than the taking of all money and belongings. This way, the team has to push harder and stronger all the way through. Great idea.

But what was up with people picking the coal over the nail polish?! Even I knew that the nails were the way to go! But then I loved the sight of Oswald (or was it Danny?) chasing Phil around!

cheers,
supervij
post #72 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-25, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

Remind me not to travel to S. Africa.
post #73 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-26, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99 View Post
Remind me not to travel to S. Africa.
????

And my two least favourite temas keep on truckin'...

What the ---- is up with the accent Mirna and Shmirna?
post #74 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-26, 12:39 AM

They came in first again?!?!? How are they getting this lucky?

And yeah, that accent they use is starting to get tiresome. As are they themselves.

Am I disappointed that Teri & Ian have been eliminated? Not really. They didn't bother me and they didn't impress me. So meh.

cheers,
supervij
post #75 of 146 (permalink) Old 2007-03-26, 08:00 AM
Veteran

Ditto supervij!!!

It really is too bad that Annoying and More Annoying don't realise how condescending (yes, and annoying) doing that to someone is. I feel so sorry for the people from all those places that have to deal with them. I wonder how they would feel if someone attempted to speak to them using their own bad english accent!

I get the feeling they may be around for at least one more week - it would appear they have a full day's head start on the Guido's. Although, getting rid of them won't be a great loss either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in