Lost: Season 3 Official Thread - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 10:31 AM

TWO HOUR season finale is tonight 23rd May)

Just a heads up. TWO HOUR season finale is tonight. Starts at 9PM EDT for those that watch in on ABC. My PVR picked up the two hours automatically.

PS: Did anyone watch the 45 minute LOST recap with the co-creators last week? They mentioned a few things that I did not know was public knowledge.

For example, the survivors are not dead and they are not in some state of purgatory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 11:07 AM
Veteran

The producers have been saying that since the first year, so it is not a spoiler!
post #123 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 01:34 PM
Veteran

Yes, that's pretty much the only thing they have been unequivocal about.

post #124 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 03:00 PM

I must have missed that tidbit of information. So if Naomi claims they found their bodies then they have all been cloned as mentioned earlier and are suffering from genetically imprinted memories.
post #125 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 11:32 PM
MCI

Wow, the finale made up for the pitiful season, thought it was very well done. I saw a interview with the co creators, and they said the last 6 minutes will keep everyone talking for the off season.
Question: We assume by the end, that that is a scene from the future, having said that, when Jack is questioned about his drinking at the hospital by the other doctor he says something to the effect " get my dad down here, and if I am drunker then he is then I will listen".
If the end scene was the future, do we assume Jack's dad did NOT die after all?
I wonder now if the flashes will be where everyone is at AFTER the island?

Last edited by MCI; 2007-05-23 at 11:54 PM.
post #126 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 11:50 PM
Veteran

Excellent point - I didn't pick up on that. I thought the episode was awesome. Especially compared to last week's bore fest. I was just dreading the 2hours coming to an end since it was soo good.
post #127 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 11:57 PM

agreed _ I keep checking the time as it slowly approached 11!

That was awesome. I'm glad that little hobbit Charlie died. It was sad though especially when he did the Sign of the Cross. Who was in the casket?? Any guesses? I say Ben.
post #128 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 01:07 AM
Veteran

I thought from the top down view, the casket looked rather "short" ??

I just reread the spoilers from earlier in this thread. They were hit and miss as the author suggested.

I'll watch again next season, but I do hope the island remains a core focal point.
post #129 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 01:12 AM
Veteran

Solid episode. I may be in the minority, but I thought overall the season was excellent. I am not sure why everyone was losing patience with it this year.

HDTV, good point about the drunk dad comment. I'll have to think about that one for a bit.

I would guess Ben as well.
post #130 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 02:31 AM

Lost my Lost

I am fuming. My PVR on Shaw recorded only 1 hour of the season finale. Will have to get it off the net as I see no reruns listed
post #131 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 02:43 AM

I hear you. I only got the one hour recorded as well (PVR, Shaw, Edmonton). I thought... "what an odd ending". Network said, "season finale of lost continues after american idol". No it didn't. Not if you PVR the series. Why are they encouraging people to download? Anyways, looking forward to the rest of the finale!
post #132 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 08:14 AM
Veteran

Great season finale! I suppose it was the makeup, but didn't Kate look particularly HOT at the end?

It was nice to see them finally kick some "others" ass. I guess we now have the other "others"!?

I noticed that CTV was showing the final episode at 10:00 pm, but it was only showing one hour in the guide, which didn't seem right. Anyway, I watched on ABC so it was all good.

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X
post #133 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 08:40 AM

Great episode! Loved seeing Ben get his butt kicked.. ..again. Also loved Sawyer's answer after taking care of Tom.
Kate looked puffy!! Just like in the 'Survivor' reunions.
post #134 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 09:59 AM

I'm with rsambuca! An outstanding finale to an excellent season (despite the detractors)!

The bit with Jack ranting about his father may have only been due to the fact that he was wasted on drugs/alcohol/depression.
post #135 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 10:24 AM

Jack also tried to pass off one of his father's prescriptions. Again his father may very well be dead, but either Jack is delusional or else it is just more intentional misdirection on the part of the writers. Obviously Jack is trying to find the island again based on all the maps on the floor in his home, and the fact he keeps trying to fly over the Pacific so as to crash again on the island.

Why didn't Charlie just swim out the hole? It didn't look that deep to worry about the bends - "DCS". I think he was trying to fulfill his destiny.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in