Lost: Season 3 Official Thread - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #136 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 12:46 PM

Even though Charlie isn't the biggest guy on the island, I think the hole would have been too small to fit through. No doubt though that he was resigned to fulfill his destiny as Desmond forsaw(?) it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 04:49 PM

Which was linked to Claire and baby leaving the island by helicopter. No way would he want to mess with that although if the helicopter is coming from the "bad guys" on the freighter, Charlies' hopes for her might not be realized.
post #138 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gecko View Post
I thought from the top down view, the casket looked rather "short" ??

I just reread the spoilers from earlier in this thread. They were hit and miss as the author suggested.

I'll watch again next season, but I do hope the island remains a core focal point.
Was watching certain scenes that I PVR'd from last night and the casket DOES look kinda short. I paused the part where Jack makes a call in his truck and takes out the newpaper clipping. You can decipher "the body of Jo....." that's all you can see that would provide any clue. At the end Kate tells Jack "why would I attend the funeral?"...

post #139 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 01:10 AM

Interesting thing about Charlie's death is that it felt like he had enough time to get out of the room and still close the door. It was pointed out to me that it may not have been possible to lock the door from the other side. The room appeared to be a bit of an airlock.
post #140 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 02:07 AM

I think John Locke is "The new ben" and he is the one who will be sabotaging their efforts to get off the island.

Jacob could well be walt and it is Him ,or Locke, in the coffin. Apparently Walt wants Locke to do some work and it did't seem productive to leaving the island.

Ben had a thing about Walt and seemed to think he was special.
post #141 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 03:55 AM
Veteran

On the "Answers" show last week, the co-creators indicated the "black cloud" is able to read people, and cause them to see things from their past, such as:
- Kate saw a horse
- Jack saw his dad
- Claire saw Walt
- Ben saw his mom
etc.
Locke "seeing" Walt was most likely another vision "created" by the black cloud thing.

As for the flashback...(some spoilers amongst some theory):
the Island could be some sort of cross-over point between time-lines (or between alternate universes). Maybe the "rift" was caused by the huge magnetic field. Or the magnetic field was a symptom of time-lines tearing at the seams. Without a reset every 108 minutes, the seams would burst...and all time-lines implode. Anyway, in one time-line, they all perish. In another, they survive on the island.

If so, it's possible Jack's "flashback" was in the future--they got off the island with the help of people that previously thought the passengers were dead (in the rescue boat's time-line they perished). Perhaps other aspects of that time-line are also different (e.g. Jack's father is alive; Kate's not a fugitive). Or not. We'll have to wait a while to find out.

All in all, that was an excellent episode to cap an enjoyable season.
post #142 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 07:51 AM
CWL

Didn't notice the shortness of the coffin. MY assumption was it was Sawyer in the coffin. It would explain why no one is at the funeral and Kate's reaction.
post #143 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 09:25 AM

Quote:
You can decipher "the body of Jo....."
John Locke. Perhaps he lost his legs before leaving the island hence the short coffin. That would also explain Kate's disdain and why nobody was at the viewing. Remember he had no family and we can assume he will continue to sabotage their efforts to get off the island, making few friends along the way. Also, Kate must have ended up with James since she kept saying "he would be mad" to Jack at the end of the runway. She also made a comment about Jack twice now pulling people out of burning wreckage. The original crash and then the bridge accident I presume. It had to be a flash forward.
post #144 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 08:30 PM

I guess the "o" (viewed from the side) could be an "a" Ja....James
post #145 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 10:07 PM
Veteran

Lets not completely assume Charlie is dead. Maybe he was able to swim out
the window and up to the surface. I guess we won't find out until next February.
post #146 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 11:25 PM
MCI

Question: When Ben introduced his daughter to her mother, did anyone else catch that the fact that they both lived and she would have had to be conceived on the Island? Ben was raised there, and I believe Russo came there later, but that would mean the daughter was conceived on the island?
post #147 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-26, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Question: When Ben introduced his daughter to her mother, did anyone else catch that the fact that they both lived and she would have had to be conceived on the Island? Ben was raised there, and I believe Russo came there later, but that would mean the daughter was conceived on the island?
My understanding is that Ben is NOT the biological father. They stole Russo's daughter when she was a baby. So Russo could of either of brought the baby to the island with her, or have been pregnaunt when she got to the island.

Or as you suggest, she might of got pregnaunt on the island. I guess we may find out next season.
post #148 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-26, 10:20 AM

I thought the season was great, Seeing Charlie let himself drown I doubt he'll be back next season except in a few flashbacks. He could have gotten out the room and closed the door in time but chose not to IMO. My big question is how could Penny get in touch with the station in the first place? I'm not so sure the boat people are really the bad guys. Ben would say anything to keep everyone on the island. He's a megalomaniac and if word got out about his little empire he'd be toast.
post #149 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-26, 10:27 AM

Russo talked about setting up the message 3 days before she gave birth. I can't recall how long she spent on the island before that. If it was longer than 9 months or not. Her message about everybody being dead seems to correspond to Ben's genocide of the Dharma-folk.
post #150 of 159 (permalink) Old 2007-05-26, 02:02 PM
Veteran

According to what Danielle told the Losties at various points, she was seven months pregnant when she came to the island. Her scientific expedition picked up a radio signal which just had the numbers repeating over and over. They went to investigate and crashed on the island.

Then everyone in her group started getting sick from something, and she actually killed the last one herself (her lover Robert). Three days before she gave birth she found the radio tower and changed the message. 16 years later, here we are!

You might want to note that the times in her story would seem to contradict the times as given by Mr. Invincible, the Russian Mkhail, who claims to have arrived on the island in 1993 and was witness to "the purge" of the original Dharma people (unless Alex was taken by Dharma, and then "rescued" by Ben and the others?).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in