Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
When I get the time, I will send them an e-mail about the channel's "shortcomings" I will advise them that I don't like:
- Stretching SD. If I want stretched images, I'll do them myself.
- Improperly encoded DD5.1 (sound out LF & RF only). Please provide DD5.1 signal only for DD5.1 programming. For DD2.0 programmes, please provide DD2.0 signal.
- HUGE logo. Please decrease the size, make it less opaque - people with HDTVs usually have large TVs and the logo should not be larger than your head.
- Currently there is a video/audio synch issue.
We had some luck with these issues with some HD channels.
- We got City to finally stop the improper DD5.1
- We got CBC to not try grey bars.
- We got CBC to stop their improper DD5.1 (near the start)
- We got City to stop the stretched SD when they first started broadcasting.
So, it can work - start the writing... We need to nip this in the bud.
Someone please provide an e-mail link, or a webpage for feedback, thanks.