In HD: Sopranos - Season Six Official thread - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-29, 11:55 AM

"Sil having a heart attack,"

Sil didnt have a heart attack, it was an asthma attack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-30, 06:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh
The look on Paulie and Vito's face when Carmela turned to watch them go. I think this will be big. I suspect that after Tony recovers, Meadow / Carmela and Tony will be talking about that incident and Meadow will bring up the whole bisexual thing. SHould be interesting.
I agree with you Hugh; I think this was a pivotal scene. I think we are going to see what Carmela is really made of. I expect her to become much more of a 'woman behind the man' character and to push Tony to clamp down on the rogue elements in his crew. Bloodshed ahead! And Carmela no longer able to pretend that she is not part of it. I think they will really start to work as a team now. As others have stated, it could bring at least one of the kids in too.
post #78 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-30, 06:25 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I don't get the whole movie thing but should provide some interest.
The movie thing is part of continuing series of 'in jokes' on the Sopranos. The writers always poke fun at their industry and their own kind.

Chris' writer buddy screaming "A room full of writers and none of you did anything!"

Hollywood movie studios are all about return on investment. They've long wanted to reproduce Blair Witch Project type numbers where a movie costs zero to make and has a big box office. The profit margin for them on such things is insane. There have been a few repeats of that, most recently Hostel.

The studios have noticed, and are now falling over themselves trying to copy this. We will be subjected to a flood of low budget shock pics all geared to this ROI formula. That's what is being mocked in this story arc. "Cleaver" = "Saw" in case anyone missed that.

post #79 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-04, 09:22 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Meadow will bring up the whole bisexual thing. SHould be interesting.
Did I miss something...
post #80 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-04, 02:13 PM

She's talking about Vito...the one that lost lots of weight. He was seen by Meadows boyfriend on the construction site one morning giving H - - D to a security guard.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #81 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-04, 04:16 PM

I think Paulie is gonna get wacked soon..

Tony promised that widow (sorry I don't remember names) that her son would not be injured and Paulie went ahead and busted his knees.. All this AFTER Tony worked out an arrangement for the sale of the construction company.

++ Carmela mentioned to Tony not too trust the fat guy (the guy who was with Paulie when he got it in the nuts) and it's really Paulie who tried to short change Tony on his share from that looting ..
post #82 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-04, 05:57 PM

Everyone of Tony's "friends" are back stabbers. Like the rest of you guys, I think either Tony gets out of the business or squashes every scum bags working for him and starts fresh with the help of his true family: Carmela, Meadow and Anthony.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #83 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-04, 09:12 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_4u
Did I miss something...
Meadow's fiance Finn caught Vito Spadafore giving a hummer to a security guard at the construction site that Finn worked at during the summer.
post #84 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-05, 08:55 AM
Veteran

Right...I do remember that...I didn't realize it was Meadows' fiance that witnessed that act...

I was distracted the way it was brought up here...Meadow bringing up the bisexual angle...(my mind was working overtime)
post #85 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-05, 09:52 PM
Veteran

^ Also remember that after being caught, Vito wanted to go to a Yankees game with Finn, and Finn said that he would go but instead stood him up.

So between the BJ and being stood up, we would have thought that Finn's days were numbered last season. If he ever breaks up with Meadow, he'll likely be toast.
post #86 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-06, 05:45 PM

...or forced to gice Vito a hummer for good measure!!!

post #87 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-09, 10:41 PM

I would say Vito's days are numbered.

Also hints that Phil will make a play for the top spot and maybe take out Johnny Sack.
post #88 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-09, 10:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl
I would say Vito's days are numbered.
It's possible that Vito may have already whacked himself. This was a much better show than the last 3 - good to see that things are moving again after all of the BS dream sequences, etc.
post #89 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-09, 10:59 PM
Digital Sage

I see the Sopranos is back to the touchy feely plots that lost lots of fans over the last few seasons. Oh well always next week.
post #90 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-04-10, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99
I see the Sopranos is back to the touchy feely plots that lost lots of fans over the last few seasons. Oh well always next week.

don't know what u mean but the last few seasons were my fav's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in