In HD: Sopranos - Season Six Official thread - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-19, 11:16 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99
Episode 2 was a keeper. Glad to see the this season is back on track. The preview for next week's show is interesting.
I thought this was one of the weaker shows ever - it reminded me of Six Feet Under, not the Sopranos. The dream sequences are starting to get rather tiresome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-19, 11:21 PM
Digital Sage

Today's Sun called it the best hour of tv this season.

It was important for setting the foundation for future episodes. Lots happening. Dream sequence might have some future importance or perhaps not.
post #48 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-19, 11:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Today's Sun called it the best hour of tv this season.
The Sun! You take anything they print seriously? Do they still show the girls from Bada Bing on page 3?

post #49 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-19, 11:27 PM
Digital Sage

The USAT article that was printed earler indicated that tv reviewers had access to the first 4 episodes. So, it's not just the SUN.

A work colleague who already had seen tonight's episode of The Sopranos could not contain his enthusiasm.

"It just might be the best hour of TV I ever have watched," he said
post #50 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-20, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Episode 2 was a keeper. Glad to see the this season is back on track. The preview for next week's show is interesting.
What preview, when I watch it on TMN , they don't show a preview ??

Sony 55" XBRHX929, Rogers HDPVR ,RCA RT2600, Sony PS3
post #51 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-20, 12:12 AM
Digital Sage

TMN doesn't show previews. I watched it on HBO. The official website should have the preview soon.
post #52 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-20, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
I thought this was one of the weaker shows ever - it reminded me of Six Feet Under, not the Sopranos. The dream sequences are starting to get rather tiresome.
Really?! SFU was my favourite. Comparing anything to it is high praise. That said, last night's Sopranos was, IMO, outstanding! Best thing I watched all week. Here's hoping for more!
post #53 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-20, 04:38 PM
Veteran

Episode 2 SUCKED IMO

I have to disagree with most of the posters. I thought last night's episode was a piece of $#!% I mean, the opening 15 minutes being his dream sequence. So that's supposed to give us insight into his mental state or something. My dreams are usually totally crazy and sometimes pretty twisted. I sure hope that my wacked out dreams are not indicative of my true life or personality.

I think that dream sequences are a waist of time and are an excuse for writing an actual story. And when we finally did get out of the dream, almost all of the episode was just about everyone crying over Tony. When I watch the show, I'm more interested with what happens with the family business as opposed to his real family.

What a major dissappointment last night's episode was....

The only redeaming factor is that I think it may contribute to how the story progresses in the remaining episodes. For example, it opened the door for AJ to be motivated to get into the family business and get revenge. As I've stated previously, I think the series has to end with the end of Tony's reign as boss. This might give AJ the opportunity to take over. (Although I'm still pulling for the long long long shot of Meadow taking over as skip!)
post #54 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-20, 06:56 PM

I agree. Yesterday was a bit weird for me. For the first 15 minutes or so, it felt like we missed an episode and was trying to get back on track. Then my wife thought maybe that was the life he could've had if he wasn't in the mob.

The last 1/2 hour was much better. Seeing AJ and Meadow and their reaction opens up a whole lot more questions. I'm starting to hate Chris more and more after what he did (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet)

Uncle Paulie is still my favorite. Aside from the opening half hour, it was a very good show.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #55 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-21, 09:18 AM
Q
Veteran

I thought the episode was good. I hope they end this coma thing by the end of next episode though.
post #56 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-21, 03:36 PM

It will be. Nobody is ever sick more than one episode....at least in the Sopranos.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #57 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-21, 08:52 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_Calgary
My dreams are usually totally crazy and sometimes pretty twisted.

Thats cus your closer to Airdrie

Am I getting new Sony?
post #58 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-21, 11:13 PM
Member #1

Quote:
For the first 15 minutes or so, it felt like we missed an episode and was trying to get back on trac
We watched it tonight and that was our first impression. I found this one of the poorer episodes in the first 6 seasons.

post #59 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-22, 01:35 AM

Ok. Let's play the "product placement" game! I was only able to catch one last night. Anyone know which one? Hint: it was Sony. Anyone see any others?

Pretty bad when the show is so slow in spots that you notice product placements!

On the other hand, I can hardly wait to see if Anthony bumps off Tony's Uncle.
post #60 of 176 (permalink) Old 2006-03-22, 12:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu123
Ok. Let's play the "product placement" game! I was only able to catch one last night. Anyone know which one?
How about Omni hotels? Or his credit card maybe. Omni hotels wasn't just mentioned randomly - you can bet on that.

Product placement in episode 2 was not bad at all. It was the actually story that I hated.

But as I've posted above, episode 1 was horrific. We should play "who can name the products mentioned in episode 1" and I'm sure we would have a long list. I think I left Remax off of my original posting on that earlier on in this thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in