CTV & CTV Two 2018-19 schedule - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-03, 10:38 PM

It's too bad that The Flash was dropped by the canadian network as it is filmed in Vancouver. I will have to pay an extra $4 just to add the CW network to my Shaw package and another $7 to get other Vancouver filmed shows like Arrow, Supergirl, Supernatural and Legends of Tomorrow. Ridiculous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-04, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

@royd785 the series you mentioned are all on The CW, so you won't have to pay anything extra after you subscribe toThe CW.

Here's the CW thread: https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/29-...-schedule.html
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-04, 07:08 PM

Thanks, Dr. Dave. My brain must have stopped yesterday. You are right about getting the CW and I won't need Space for the CW, but might now want it for other programs like Star Trek Discovery.

post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-06, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-11, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

CTV announced today that production has begun on the inaugural season of its new the six-episode comedy series JANN, starring Jann Arden as a fictionalized version of herself. (Source) It was previously announced as a mid-season series.
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-20, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

W5 Presents Undercover Investigation into Multi-Million Dollar Auto Theft Crime Ring in 53rd Season Premiere, This Saturday, Sept. 22 on CTV

----

The ELECTION 2018 ROUNDTABLE airs live this Thursday, Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m. AT on CTV Atlantic in New Brunswick and will also be live-streamed at Atlantic.CTVNews.ca. CTV Atlantic’s comprehensive New Brunswick election coverage continues through election day, this Monday, Sept. 24 including immediate election results beginning at 8 p.m. AT on CTV Atlantic, CTV News Channel, and via live streaming at CTV News.ca. Viewers can also access election updates via the CTV News GO app.

----

I noticed that the CTV press release skipped THIS IS US from the premiere list in post 12, it's on Sept. 25 at 9 p.m.
post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-20, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

CTV announced THE LAUNCH begins production on its second season Sept. 26 in Toronto. See the press release for audience tickets and the list of celebrity mentors.
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-09-28, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

CTV Montreal delivers a live election night special for Québec’s general election on Monday, Oct. 1, beginning at 8 p.m. ET on CTV, CTV News Channel, CTVNews.ca, and the CTV News GO app. (Full Press Release)

www.ctv.ca/schedule shows the following schedule changes for the Oct. 1 programs on CTV Montreal:

MONDAY, Oct. 1
7:00 pm The Good Doctor (pre-release)
8:00 pm Quebec Votes 2018

SATURDAY, Oct. 6
8:00 pm The Resident
9:00 pm Magnum P.I.

----

A new 10-part online companion series for THE VOICE titled THE COMEBACK STAGE is available on CTV.ca. (Full Press Release)
post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-10-04, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Ahead of the highly anticipated theatrical release of the Bell Media Original Documentary Sharkwater Extinction, the final work by the late Canadian filmmaker and conservationist Rob Stewart, W5 takes viewers behind the scenes with LOVE & LEGACY: THE ROB STEWART STORY, a one-hour documentary special on the creation of Stewart’s final film, airing this Saturday, Oct. 6 at 7 p.m. ET / PT on CTV, the CTV and CTV News apps, and CTVNews.ca. W5 also airs Saturdays at 10 p.m. on CTV Two and Sundays (see local listings).

Full Press Release

----

CTV, in association with Proper Television, announced that production has begun on MARY’S KITCHEN CRUSH. The all-new, thirty-episode, half-hour series will air on CTV, Gusto, and ultimately stream on demand from the new CTV Super Hub, as part of the new lifestyle brand, CTV Life. The series is currently shooting in Toronto and will premiere as part of CTV’s 2019 midseason schedule.

Full Press Release

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-10-04 at 09:10 PM.
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-10-04, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

ETALK PRESENTS – A STAR IS BORN half-hour special, airing tomorrow, Friday, Oct. 5, 2018 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV.

Full Press Release

----

ETALK presents the all-new half-hour special, BAT OUT OF HELL – THE MUSICAL, on Monday, Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV. The special airs one week before Jim Steinman’s Bat Out Of Hell – The Musical returns to Toronto on October 16 with a limited three-week run of its new North American production, as shows continue in London’s West End and rehearsals continue for its German debut.

Full Press Release

----

CTV has replaced the Saturday movie with a repeat of God Friended Me at 9:00 p.m. (s-CBS) across Canada.

CTV Montreal will now move Magnum P.I. to 10 p.m. (was pre-empted by Monday's election coverage)
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-10-04, 11:18 PM

Angry Why remove 2 of the best show

Who got the brilliant idea to completly remove both Season premiere of the Flash, and DC Legend from both ctv and ctv2, hopefully show case does not do the same with the new season of SuperGirl. Now I have to hope that my subscription can add the channel Wpix for Free, other wise if it cost to mush to add that as extra channel, then I can't watch season 5 of the Flash, neither Watch the new season of DC Legend. If I knew in advance this was going to happen, I would have never watch the show, not even season 1. CW. His going to lose a lot of rating with the Flash, and DC Legend because the limited the new season to one channel only. Like I always thought every one his a Scamer and just full of greed.
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-10-05, 02:32 AM
Veteran

Obviously CTV wasn't getting the ratings they wanted for the price they were paying for those shows. The CW also likely doesn't care about ratings here in Canada as much because our market is much smaller.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-10-05, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Conan has wrapped up his one-hour talk show and is gearing up for a new 30-minute show format on TBS, premiering January 2019. (Source) CTV has carried the show in Canada.

----

@D. D. I posted a list of alternative Canadian sources for all the CW shows in the CW thread. The Flash will also be available on Netflix Canada and Legends is now on Space.

American networks don't care about Canadian viewers. They count ratings of American viewers so they can sell advertising time to American advertisers.

-----

The 2018 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS airs this Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT on CTV. ETALK is set to bring some Canadian flare to the live awards show as the only Canadian outlet with exclusive broadcast coverage of the 2018 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS set to air on Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV.

Bell Media Press Release

CTV will reschedule This is Us to 7 p.m. ET/ 10 p.m. Central. Be prepared for overruns on the awards show if you plan to record the program.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-10-05 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added AMAs and This is Us.
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-10-19, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

CTV and TSN Deliver Exclusive Live Coverage of the 2018 SKATE CANADA INTERNATIONAL, October 26 and 27

Live coverage begins on Friday, Oct. 26 at 2:30 p.m. ET on TSN; CTV/CTV2 live coverage on Saturday:

1:30 pm ET 2018 Skate Canada International
9:00 pm ET 2018 Skate Canada International

----

CTV Toronto delivers a live, primetime municipal election special featuring up-to-the-minute results on Monday, Oct. 22 at 8 p.m. on CTV, with CP24 and NEWSTALK 1010 delivering extensive, day-long coverage surrounding the race for the Mayor’s office. Viewers can also follow all the election updates online on Toronto.CTVNews.ca, CP24.com, and via the CTV News and CP24 apps. Radio listeners can tune in to NEWSTALK 1010’s live election coverage in the GTA and across the country through the iHeartRadio Canada app.

See the Full Press Release for more details.

The Resident will air one hour early in Toronto to accommodate the election coverage and air at its regular time in the rest of the country.

7:00 pm The Resident (pre-FOX 8 pm, Toronto only)
8:00 pm Election coverage
9:00 pm Magnum P.I. (s-CBS)
10:00 pm The Rookie (s-ABC, repeat)

----

Here's the CTV Winnipeg schedule for WEDNESDAY, Oct. 24 (Central time.)

7:00 pm Grey's Anatomy (1 hour earlier than usual)
8:00 pm CTV News: Municipal Election 2018
10:00 pm Criminal Minds (post-CBS, 9 pm Central)

The Goldbergs and American Housewife are normally simsubbed at 7:00 pm; they will move to Thursday, Oct. 25 at 10 pm.

EDIT: Global and City TV will continue with their regular schedule of prime-time programming during the Toronto and Winnipeg municipal elections.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-10-19 at 01:15 PM.
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-10-20, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

As voters head to polls across the Lower Mainland, CTV Vancouver delivers a four and a half hour live municipal election special airing tomorrow (Saturday, Oct. 20) at 7 p.m. PT on CTV, immediately following CTV NEWS AT 6. Viewers can visit BC.CTVNews.ca for complete digital coverage of the Vancouver municipal election in addition to accessing election updates via the CTV News app. (Full Press Release)

----

W5 Update: Impactful Investigations

Tags
bell media , ctv , schedule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in