CTV & CTV Two 2017-18 schedule - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-03, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

JUST LAUNCHED: CTV Announces Bonus, Seventh Episode Showcasing the Continuing Journey of the Six Chosen Artists from Season 1 of THE LAUNCH, February 21 on CTV

CTV today announced the expansion of its all-new, original music series and international TV format THE LAUNCH to include a seventh, final episode. JUST LAUNCHED will air one week following Episode 6 on Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 9 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. MT on CTV and CTV GO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-04, 01:39 PM

Color me surprised that CTV / CTV Two or any other Canadian broadcasters do not pick up The Amazing Race.
post #63 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 06:07 AM
Veteran

Wow, you're right! This appears to be the first time CTV isn't airing The Amazing Race! They had it last season, but nothing this time. Guessing the switch to a Wednesday time slot by CBS messed them up as they already had other programming that night

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

post #64 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

THE AMAZING RACE will air on CTV during the Olympics at 9 p.m. ET, February 11-25. See post 57.
post #65 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 02:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGY11 View Post
Wow, you're right! This appears to be the first time CTV isn't airing The Amazing Race! They had it last season, but nothing this time. Guessing the switch to a Wednesday time slot by CBS messed them up as they already had other programming that night

Quote:
All 11 episodes of the 30th anniversary season of THE AMAZING RACE will air in a special two-week, counter-programming stunt at 9 p.m. ET February 11-25, Sunday-Friday (except Wednesdays,) ending on Sunday, Feb. 25 at 9 p.m. ET with a TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE. Note that CBS will air THE AMAZING RACE on Wednesdays Jan. 3 to Feb. 21, but CTV chose THE X-FILES for that time slot.
This is ludicrous. The season will be completed before CTV shows it. Interestingly enough, on my Shaw Direct Guide, the new season of Amazing Race, the first episode was slotted in on my local Global station at 11:00 pm on premiere date. However, it wasn't on, news was there as usual. I guess the benefit is that we can watch it on CBS and not worry about simsubs.

Unfortunately, I did not have my PVR set for it (wife did but 11:00 Global). Had to watch it on cbs.com via VPN.
post #66 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-09, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

CTV New Series Premiere Dates Announced: Part 1 of its 2018 Midseason Lineup Includes DECEPTION, FOR THE PEOPLE, THE CROSSING, and GREY'S ANATOMY Spinoff

Below is a list of CTV’s 2018 midseason premiere schedule – Part 1:

Sundays
10 p.m. – DECEPTION premieres March 11 on CTV – *NEW*

Mondays
10 p.m. – THE CROSSING premieres April 2 on CTV – *NEW*

Tuesdays
10 p.m. – FOR THE PEOPLE premieres March 13 on CTV – *NEW*

Thursdays
9 p.m. – GREY’S ANATOMY Spinoff kicks off with a two-hour premiere March 22 on CTV – *NEW*
10 p.m. – QUANTICO returns April 26 on CTV – *NEW SEASON*

Awards season continues with THE 90TH OSCARS, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, airing March 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO.

Additional announcements will be made in the coming weeks ahead announcing Part 2 of CTV’s midseason schedule, including premiere dates for THE DETAIL, MASTERCHEF CANADA, ROSEANNE, THE VOICE, and CTV Two’s new comedies SPLITTING UP TOGETHER, LIVING BIBLICALLY, and ALEX INC.
post #67 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-13, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Followup to Law & Order: SVU - CTV will air the Wednesday episode this Sunday, January 14 at 9 PM ET, 3 days in advance of NBC, bumping one episode of ABC's two-episode block of Shark Tank. Two reruns of The Big Bang Theory will air at 8 PM as a buffer against an NFL overrun. NBC will air reruns of L&O the following Wednesday, with new episodes scheduled for January 31 and February 7, followed by the Olympics.

The Gifted two-hour season finale will air Monday, January 15 at 8 PM ET. Lucifer will return the following week, followed by reruns of The Big Bang Theory.
post #68 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-16, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Law & Order: SVU on CTV
Tuesday, January 30 - 9 PM ET (pre-NBC) - U.S. networks have State of the Union
Monday, February 5 - 9 PM ET (pre-NBC) - in The Gifted time-slot
post #69 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-01-29, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Sunday, Feb. 4

6 p.m. ET – SUPER BOWL LII (CTV, CTV Two, and TSN2)
10 p.m. ET (approximately) – SUPER BOWL POST-GAME (CTV, CTV Two, and TSN2)
10:15 p.m. ET (approximately) – THIS IS US (CTV)
11:50 p.m. ET (approximately) – THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON (CTV Two)

Source: CTV'S $300,000 Watch to Win Contest is Back as SUPER BOWL LII Broadcast Details are Announced

I've bolded the special program times. Both NBC and Bell Media have the rights to all the same shows this year, so Bell's scheduling is a little easier. As discussed in the Super Bowl thread, the Super Bowl will air on NBC with the U.S. ads this year and Bell will resume simsubs with the Post-Game show. The schedules on CTV.ca haven't been updated yet, so it's not clear what they will use for filler before the Jimmy Fallon live special on CTV Two.
post #70 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-02-06, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

THE VOICE Returns to CTV as 2018 Spring Schedule Confirmed

Below is a confirmed list of CTV and CTV Two’s 2018 midseason premiere schedule:

CTV

Sundays
7 p.m. / 8 p.m. – AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR: USA VS. THE WORLD airs March 11 – *NEW THREE-HOUR SPECIAL*
9 p.m. – THE DETAIL premieres March 25 – *NEW*
10 p.m. / 7 p.m. – DECEPTION premieres March 11– *NEW*

Mondays
8 p.m. / 9 p.m. – THE VOICE returns Feb. 26 – *NEW SEASON*
10 p.m. / 8 p.m. – THE CROSSING premieres April 2 – *NEW*

Tuesdays
8 p.m. / 9 p.m. – ROSEANNE premieres March 27 – *NEW ONE-HOUR PREMIERE*
9 p.m. / 8 p.m. – MASTERCHEF CANADA returns April 3
10 p.m. / 8 p.m. – FOR THE PEOPLE premieres March 13 – *NEW*

Wednesdays
8 p.m. / 9 p.m. – CODE BLACK returns May 2
10 p.m. / 8 p.m. – DESIGNATED SURVIVOR returns Feb. 28

Thursdays
9 p.m. – STATION 19 premieres March 22 – *NEW TWO-HOUR PREMIERE*

CTV Two

Mondays
9:30 p.m. / 10:30 p.m. – LIVING BIBLICALLY premieres Feb. 26 – *NEW*

Tuesdays
9:30 p.m. / 10:30 p.m. – SPLITTING UP TOGETHER premieres March 27– *NEW*

Wednesdays
8:30 p.m. / 9:30 p.m. – ALEX, INC. premieres March 28 – *NEW*
9:30 p.m. / 10:30 p.m. – AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE moves to a new timeslot March 28 – *NEW TIMESLOT*

Thursdays
8 p.m. / 9 p.m. – GOTHAM returns March 1 – *NEW TO CTV TWO*

Fridays
8 p.m. / 9 p.m. – MASTERCHEF JUNIOR returns on March 2 – *NEW TWO-HOUR PREMIERE*
10 p.m. / 8 p.m. – ONCE UPON A TIME premieres on March 2 before moving to its regular timeslot on March 9 at 9 p.m. / 10 p.m.

ROSEANNE airs a special one-hour premiere on March 27 at 8 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. MT on CTV and CTV GO, before moving to its regular timeslot, Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. ET/MT, beginning April 3.

LIVING BIBLICALLY airs Mondays at 9:30 p.m. ET / 10:30 p.m. MT, beginning Feb 26, before moving to its regular timeslot, Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET / 10 p.m. MT, beginning March 13.

GOTHAM moves from CTV to CTV TWO.

EDIT: All times ET/MT. Visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-02-07 at 08:49 AM.
post #71 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-02-07, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

I don't understand tonight's CTV schedule. They have X-Files, The Launch and a rerun of Criminal Minds. They seem to have dropped Law & Order: SVU altogether, which could easily have been slotted in after The Launch. I've been away for a few days, but it doesn't look like it aired earlier this week on either CTV or CTV Two.
post #72 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-02-09, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
post #73 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-02-12, 10:11 AM

Hi I was saw that Lucifer tonite isn't new I guess b'cuz of the Olympics, Zap2It says also not next week, BUT it shows one on Feb.25--yes, Sunday. I don't know if your CTV is going back to Sundays always or just one time, but anyway a heads-up for that nite.
post #74 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-02-12, 11:10 AM
Veteran

Just for a couple weeks I'm guessing, as The Voice, The Good Doctor, and Living Biblically will occupy their Monday night lineup on Feb 26th & March 5th. Once Living Biblically moves to Tuesdays starting on March 13th they'll have an opening for Lucifer again on Mondays (unless The Voice starts the two hour episodes by then

post #75 of 102 (permalink) Old 2018-02-12, 11:41 AM
Veteran

Quote:
I don't understand tonight's CTV schedule.
It's called juggling for simsubs. Many networks shows are on hiatus for the duration of The Olympic Games so expect lots of reruns and some changes to network schedules for the next two weeks.

Tags
bell media , ctv , ctv two , schedule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in