Super Channel programming discussion - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-02-10, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

What Would Sal Do? | Super Channel -- SEASON 1, EP 1 Mar 21 @ 9:00PM SC1
Available On Demand Mar 22 2018 to Aug 31 2019

I found the series on Super Channel's premiere list. It originally planned to air on Super Channel, but got dropped due to bankruptcy proceedings. Bell Media picked it up a year ago for CraveTV, where it is currently available. Interesting article:

https://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...r-cravetv.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-03-14, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
post #48 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-03-15, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

I was skimming through the premiere list and noticed this:

LFL: 2018 GAME 01 LOS ANGELES VS. CHICAGO
Legends Football League: From the Sears Centre Arena, in Bridgeview, IL, Los Angeles Temptation vs. Chicago Bliss.
Apr [email protected] 11:00PM SC1
https://www.superchannel.ca/show/729...les-vs-chicago

----

Starz Orders 'The White Queen' Follow-Up 'The Spanish Princess'

After The White Queen and The White Princess, the third series will be called The Spanish Princess and, like the others, is based on Gregory's global best-sellers The Constant Princess and The King's Curse.

Starz will retain domestic multiplatform pay TV and SVOD rights to the series, while Lionsgate will retain international and domestic distribution and home entertainment rights.

It's not clear if Super Channel will have the Canadian rights as a follow-up to the previous 2 series or if Bell Media has the rights under their recent contract with Starz.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-03-15 at 01:35 PM.

post #49 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-03-21, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Hallmark Channel has announced the Season 6 renewal for When Calls the Heart, which is currently in season 5 on Super Channel. (Source)
post #50 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-03-24, 03:03 AM
Rookie

Why hasn't Super Channel brought the popular U.S. The Hallmark Channel here yet? Their original Christmas movies seem to bounce around CTV on weekend afternoons & Bravo all month long. There's even a separate Movies & Mysteries channel. Nice to have reruns of Columbo, McMillian & Wife, McCloud TV movies, as well as Father Dowling Mysteries & Murder She Wrote reruns in one place. Corus Ent. AND Bell Media would just screw it the hell up with Just For Laughs Gags junk.
post #51 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-02, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

ICE will return for a second intense season on Monday, April 2 at 9 p.m. ET (SC1). Each episode of the ten-episode season, will also be available to viewers on Super Channel On Demand the day following its linear broadcast. Viewers can also catch up on all of season one, currently available on Super Channel On Demand.

In addition, a free preview of the second season premiere episode will be available to subscribers and non-subscribers alike, beginning Thursday, March 29 at 10 p.m. ET and be available until the premiere.

Full Press Release: http://www.superchannel.ca/pressrele...-sisto-returns

----

DEEP STATE -- SEASON 1 May 20 @ 9:00PM SC1 (June 17 on EPIX)
Available On Demand May 21 2018 to Oct 31 2019
post #52 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-05, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Deep State has been renewed for a second season of eight episodes by Fox Networks Group (FNG) Europe & Africa as the show kicks off on April 5 in 50 markets across the region. (Source)
post #53 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-05, 03:09 PM

Hi I just saw this:

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...678861373.html

I'm confused b'cuz I thought Pure was on CBC, was it on SC too?? It got bought by a U.S. channel WGN but I think they aren't showing it yet b'cuz it's on Hulu now.
post #54 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-05, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

CBC aired season 1 of Pure, but chose not to renew for season 2. In the U.S., Hulu picked up the streaming rights and WGN announced last summer that they picked up the exclusive U.S. TV rights to season 1.

Today, Super Channel announced they would air season 2 in Canada and WGN said the same for the U.S.

The six-part second season is scheduled to begin production in Nova Scotia later this spring and anticipated to premiere on Super Channel in early 2019.

CBC and Hulu are still listed in the production credits, but I'm not sure if they will be showing season 2.
post #55 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-16, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Mr. Mercedes will return to AT&T Audience Network for a ten-episode second season on August 22. (Source)
post #56 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-16, 11:33 AM

Isn't Mr. Mercedes only now screening in Canada? I swear I saw a trailer for it over the weekend with an April premiere date.

And cable companies wonder why people are viewing these shows via other means.
post #57 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-16, 11:55 AM

Mr. Mercedes is on SuperChannel. First episode was on last Thursday.
post #58 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-17, 11:33 PM

Exactly my point. It originally aired in the US in August of last year and I downloaded every episode when I saw no Canadian network had the rights.

Bunch of clowns in this country.
post #59 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-18, 01:09 PM
Veteran

Which points out why SuperChannel is not worth the money and is hurting other Canadian broadcasters. For what they charge, I expect on time, first run content from a top tier broadcaster, not second run content from a second tier broadcaster delayed by almost a year. If they can't compete with TMN and HBO Canada, they might as well shut down now. That way, BDU subscribers can see shows like Mr. Mercedes without being charged an extra $10/mo.
post #60 of 103 (permalink) Old 2018-04-19, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

'Homeland': Claire Danes Confirms Series Will End With Season 8 | Deadline
Showtime previously renewed the series through season 8, but hasn't made an official announcement about when the series will end. Season 7 is currently airing on Showtime and Super Channel in Canada.

Tags
schedule , super channel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in