Help! Need TV guide!! - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-03-27, 07:34 AM

I used both the single channel list and full week grid view of Classic Zap2it regularly. I noticed about 6 months ago that Blue Ant started using the new Zap2it for their website channel schedules and it has both of those features. e.g. https://tv.lovenature.com/schedule/

I looked at the html code to confirm is was Zap2it/Gracenote and to see if I could hack the code to use for other channels. Unfortunately, it has hard-coded affiliate ids that only work for the channels that have contracted with Gracenote for that service. I also found a few American companies that use that as well.

The way the whole thing is set up doesn't seem to be as flexible as it should be to use as part of the standard Zap2it site. However, they may do something if enough people complain using the "Contact Us" link.

https://feedback.zap2it.com/tvlistings/

Select I am having a problem or have a comment about "Viewing programming for a single station" and fill in the info.

@JamesK I use the search for that functionality if I know the name of the program. It lists the possible program names from its database as you type, so it isn't too tedious. I admit that it's not as useful as scanning the whole channel for new programs that might be coming up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-03-27, 08:27 AM

Zap2it don't always have the correct information, there are 2 shows I watch that zap2it don't say the right episode number and description compare to what it air on tv. And for one of the show I also watch, zap2it say a completely other show...

Also, I remember that zap2it use to have an app, now they don't seen to have one anymore, I think I still have the app on my ipod, but I would like to have it on my phone.
post #108 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-03-27, 09:19 AM

@winterwolf the program and episode info is provided by the channel, so in most cases the problem is at the source. If other listings are correct and Zap2it is not, you can contact them at the link I posted and select "Incorrect programming" to report the problem. Contact the channel if they are providing incorrect info to the all the guide services.

----

I noticed that Zap2it made a few minor changes in the last couple of days. One that personally affected me was that Classic recognized that Primetime in the Central Time Zone in Canada and the U.S. starts at 7 PM. Until recently, the new version started Primetime at 8 PM for everyone.

post #109 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-03-27, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Wow I wonder if they aren't going to ever put Single Channel for people if they can get channels to pay for it! They still say they are going to do it but I wrote a long time ago and they still haven't.
post #110 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-08-13, 01:07 PM

For anyone who shifted to Shaw Directs National channel lineup zap2it has added the National lineup as a choice for online listings.

LONSat
post #111 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-08-14, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Oh thank you Lonsat. We haven't changed yet but we use Zap2it so we will look for that later.
post #112 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-01, 01:23 PM

Question ontvtonight.com

Zap2It is having a coding problem and if their regular geek is on vacation then we may have to wait another couple of weeks for the fix. I hope they have another geek from another department assigned to figure out and fix the problem in the meanwhile. Hope is fading fast...

It has been a long time since I considered other TV listing services, Zap2It always coming out on top.

I just signed up for ontvtonight.com.
I do not see how to re-order the channels, eg by alphabetical listing; is it possible?
Is there an option to include the show description inside the box containing the name of the show?

Does anyone use another free internet listing service for Shaw Direct National Listings EAST?
post #113 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-01, 01:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I do not see how to re-order the channels, eg by alphabetical listing; is it possible?
A lot of useful function was lost when they redesigned the site.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #114 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-01, 01:50 PM

ontvtonight.com says that you may reorder by drag and drop channels on their CHANNELS page, then save. I have not tried it.
I am very disappointed that the website does not have the SHAW DIRECT NATIONAL EAST Listings, just the Classic.

Zap2It offers the option of which SD listing to use. Too bad it is on the fritz.
post #115 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-01, 03:48 PM

There isn't an option to sort ontvtonight alphabetically, but drag and drop works as advertised. They don't have Shaw Direct's National channel numbers yet, but they have Classic and Advanced. To see the program description, click on the program and a new tab opens with the info.
post #116 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-01, 04:49 PM

My wife hates clicking another webpage to see the program description. I don't mind, but Zap2It has customizable display of description or not within the one listing page. I have faith that Zap2It will be HEALED after Elliot, their Computer Geek, comes back from vacation.
post #117 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-01, 05:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Zap2It has customizable display of description or not within the one listing page
Where is that setting?

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #118 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-01, 05:41 PM

I just checked. Zap2It USED to have that customization, but no more. It was a good feature.
I wonder if my wife noticed - so maybe ontvtonight is not so bad, but still no NATIONAL LISTINGS.
post #119 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-03, 04:03 PM

Just checked Zap2It. ABC is now listed, but CBS is now gone - all Shaw Direct National Listing EAST. It appears that they are doing something. That is encouraging.
post #120 of 123 (permalink) Old 2019-09-05, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

RR you are right you can't see all the descriptions at once but if you click on a program you will see its description, you don't have to go to another webpage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in