Help! Need TV guide!! - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-21, 06:36 PM
Veteran

Good News. The Zap2it "upcoming time listing" for movies is working again (in both search & open link mode).

SA9865HD; Panasonic TH-50PZ850; Denon AVR-X4000; Tannoy: Arden, S8C, S8LR; SVS 16-46PC+; Oppo 971; Harmony 659/680
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-08-20, 12:02 PM

Zap2it Missing Info

I've used Zap2it for years. I use it a couple of times a week to update my TV viewing schedule and program my PVR. This week I found on Wednesday the 26th from 8:00 pm on a number of channels are blank (no info). I was able to get what I needed for the week of Aug 23rd by going to tvguide.com, but I much prefer Zap2it. Just wondering if others using this guide service have noticed the same thing.
post #33 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-08-20, 01:59 PM

I see the same thing so I sent them an email at [email protected].

As far as I can tell, only Canadian channels are affected, but about half the channels are fine (including Canadian channels). It doesn't seem to depend on the source. Some Bell Media channels are fine and others have missing data. One strange thing is Global Winnipeg HD has missing data and the same channel in SD is fine. Meanwhile CTV HD & SD are fine.

post #34 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-08-20, 05:36 PM

Dr.Dave:

Thanks for checking and emailing them. I emailed as well this morning. I'm sure the more complaints they get the sooner they'll look into it. Not much TV on right now, but I hope they have things sorted out before the new fall season starts.

UPDATE: Just checked and it looks like Zap2it is back to normal.
post #35 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-12-01, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Search is broken on Zap2It again. :-( It cant even find Big Bang theory that's on like 1,000 times a day on Cdn TV. :-) We will send a note to Shaw 'cuz I think that's better than writing to Zap2it direct. If you use Zap2it and you have trouble please complain also, we got it fixed last time!
post #36 of 109 (permalink) Old 2017-11-01, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Hi was just reading this old thread and wanted to let every body know that mostly Zap2It still works but I wanted to tell you that sometimes if you put something in the Search box it says no results, BUT if you find the show in the listings and click on it you can see when it will be on. So the Search is weird but the info is there.

Also they never brought back any way to search for people or words that aren't in the name of the show. But at least the grid is still there and works, I hope they keep the Classic grid!
post #37 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 11:38 AM

I just wanted to update this thread to say that Zap2it seems to have permanently removed the classic interface. I've been using a bookmark that went directly to the classic view and it stopped working a few days ago. I was able to login with my email address to the "new" interface and retrieve some favorite settings, but I'm not sure if those were the ones that I set up when Zap2it first tried the "New" interface. I'll let people know if I find anything useful when I have a chance to play around with it.
post #38 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 03:04 PM

I have had a link to the Zap2It login page and Last Pass entry for auto login. Yesterday when that link was used, an error was given. Entering the link to Zap2It's Home Page had a script for new features over the Home Page. When I got to the Home Page I clicked on the link to the sign in page but entering my username and password gave an error. I played around for a few hours trying to get logged in. I tried the option to reset the password but that always ended in an error message. The reset password link indicated that entering a registered username would result in a Email to the Username (allowed usernames are valid Email addresses) containing a new password but I always got error messages and for many tries, no Email message.

I then tried to use the contact us link at the bottom of the Homepage and entered the requested information to report a problem with login/registrations but that also resulted in error messages.

Later, yesterday I received an Email to my Email address that I have using for my Zap2It username giving me a new Password. However when trying to login using the new Password, it gave me the same error. Totally frustrated I gave it up until this morning. On the second try it logged me in.

It looks as though they lost or reset the settings back to default so I now have to try and reset things.

Hopefully i'll back to something like the old display as I have found it useful to check once a day for interesting content. I am on Shaw cable but haven't got used to Shaw schedules available through the iPad app. If I continue to have problems with Zap2It, I'll have to try and get used to Shaw's.

Gateway and 3 Portals, Samsung FP-T6374 TV, Panasonic DMR-E80, Denon AVR-3808, Sony CX777ES
post #39 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 04:50 PM

Still problems.

I remember, vaguely, that I was using the classic version of Zap2It because it allowed 6 hour display as well as the default of 3 hours and it allowed selecting which channels to show and in what order.

As far as I can tell. the hours to display if fixed at 3. I found that flagging the channels I wanted to show and then selecting Starred channels at the top of the display got me closer to what I wanted but still stuck with 3 hour display and displayed channel sorted by channel number.

My last sign presented a new problem. I can only display from channels number from 1 to 124. Totally useless now.

I'll have to try again this evening or tomorrow.

Gateway and 3 Portals, Samsung FP-T6374 TV, Panasonic DMR-E80, Denon AVR-3808, Sony CX777ES
post #40 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 05:00 PM

The system said that I could set my preferred channels up one I sign-up. I did, but it did not happen. I can not put my preferred / favorite channels on top as in previous version.
post #41 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 06:16 PM

Really dislike this new layout especially for sports. It just lists NBA, NHL or whichever sport and to find out the teams you have to click on each program.
post #42 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Bealby View Post
...My last sign presented a new problem. I can only display from channels number from 1 to 124. Totally useless now.
If you chose a cable TV provider, make sure you choose the one with "Digital," otherwise you will get the analog lineup that stops in the 120s.

One other minor annoyance is that the classic system used to recognize that "primetime" starts at 7 PM in the Central Time Zone. Now it thinks it starts at 8, when an hour of network television has already passed. (one of the main reasons I use Zap2it)
post #43 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 08:48 PM

I used to review a week at a time to set up a recording schedule. With the new version, each time you change the date, the time defaults back to "Now". That combined with removing the 6-hour display makes for a lot more clicks.
post #44 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 09:05 PM

Over the past few days I too have had problems with Zap2it........but I found a link that took me to my Zap2it account & I was logged in....a true miracle.....lol

Below is the link I used

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistin...=1515204559744
bobmac, Dr.Dave and georgeqgreg like this.
post #45 of 109 (permalink) Old 2018-01-05, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you PaulC! That works for now.

The new one isn't awful, but we live in California and have SHaw Direct from Eastern Canada so we like to put the Eastern stations first because they show programs first. You can make favorite stations in the new one and just see those, but they go by number and I dont see any way to change that.

Also when you search for a pgm it takes a long time to scroll thru the listings b'cuz of all the little icons with the channels. I just want the channel numbers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in