Help! Need TV guide!! - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-25, 09:11 AM

Got it! I remember using the old classic layout and was mildly concerned when the new one was introduced but adapted. No plans to go back. I have a spreadsheet with watched shows, channel names and numbers so am not concerned that the search does not show the channel numbers, but showing them would be convenient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 09:01 AM

Exclamation Shaw Direct TV Listings

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 I filled out an inquiry form on the Shaw Direct website.
I informed them that the SEARCH feature on their TV Listings webpage (zap2it) doesn't work.
post #18 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Oh we forgot to look at the SD website, tnx RuralRouter we will send them a note too!

post #19 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-27, 07:00 AM

Cool Cool to have a spreadsheet tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bplayer View Post
I have a spreadsheet with watched shows, channel names and numbers...
It is nice to know that I am not the only one that doesn't just flip channels and watch whatever is available at the time.
post #20 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-27, 07:37 AM

This obsession started when I was with Rogers and scheduled recording would not get recorded because of the show name changed slightly. This has not been a problem with Fibe but the habit is there and it lets me know ahead of time when a program goes into a 2 or 3 week hiatus and the season begin/end.
post #21 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-27, 09:21 AM

Thumbs up Shaw Direct Reply to Inquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayguy View Post
Oh we forgot to look at the SD website, tnx RuralRouter we will send them a note too!
What followis is a prompt and polite reply from Shaw Direct. The most I can hope is that, as a paying customer, SD will ask zap2it to fix the SEARCH function.

QUOTE: We appreciate you letting us know that it is not funcitoning and will be sure to contact our Online Experience team about this.
The TV Guide that is being used is a third party website called Zapt2it. They may be having problems with there search function at the moment and is not something that we can control or give an eta on.
UNQUOTE
post #22 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-27, 01:59 PM

Smile TV Guide from Entertainment Magazine

We plan our movie recording based on Entertainment Magazine which is part of our Shaw Direct package. I responded to the mag's request for feedback on their new format.

What follows is an edited version of my email and the very nice response from the editor-in-chief of the magazine.

===============================================

TO: RuralRouter

Wed, 27 May 2015 16:18:50 +0000

… thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately it appears as though we achieved the exact opposite of what we were hoping to do with the listings, which was to make them easier to sort through and read.

We’re on it, and hopefully the July issue will be better.

Take care,
Corinne

Corinne McDermott
Editor in Chief, Movie Entertainment
Bell Media Specialty Channels
416.384.5221 | mobile: 416.578.2514 | [email protected]
299 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 2Z5

---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

TO: Movie Entertainment Magazine
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:14 PM

This is in response to your request for feedback regarding the new format of your magazine.

1. We don't like the black background and white lettering of the listings. The reason is that we mark the movies we wish to record/watch. Pen marks do not show up on the black paper. As an aside, your ink usage and its cost must increase due to the much greater use of ink.

2. We miss the listing of all movie showings.

3. We would like the annotation of "Animated" if the movie is so made.

4. The daily schedule font size is too small.
post #23 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-05-27, 02:51 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralRouter View Post
TO: Movie Entertainment Magazine...
I sent a similar e-mail on May 20th right after receiving the "new format" and received a similar response. (especially the black background and white lettering)

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #24 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-05, 03:16 PM

New LNB - New Channel Numbers

Channel Number Listings – Listings – Listings.
A new Shaw Direct LNB was just installed so I can get more HD channels. My HD PVR630 works as before, but all of the channels numbers have changed!

I also have an old Std Def DSR315 satellite receiver. Gadzooks, it needed massaging from Shaw to just get running again with the new LNB. When it did run again – guess what – all of the channel numbers changed.

I am now in the process of inputting to my Excel97 workbook the new Shaw Direct channel numbers to convert Zap2it channel numbers to what is actually on the on-screen TV-Guide.

This old head took a long time to remember all of the channel numbers when it came to using the remote, now new channel numbers. Oy Veh …
post #25 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-06, 04:16 PM

Thumbs up Zap2it Classic search works again

I just wanted to update the thread that Zap2it Classic search started working a couple of days ago. I had been trying it every few days and it had been down prior to that.
bobmac likes this.
post #26 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-07, 07:37 AM

Thank you, sir.
The Mrs. gave it a try this morning and confirmed that Zap2it Classic has been "healed".
It's good to have it back!
post #27 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-10, 03:44 PM
Veteran

Yes, they fixed the "Search", but they broke the upcoming time listing for movies (programs with type movie) within the main page or within a Search result page. When you try to open a program marked as a movie type (to get its upcoming times), you get the notorious "Oops...".

SA9865HD; Panasonic TH-50PZ850; Denon AVR-X4000; Tannoy: Arden, S8C, S8LR; SVS 16-46PC+; Oppo 971; Harmony 659/680
post #28 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-10, 08:51 PM

The "upcoming time listing" for movies hasn't been working properly for quite a while - long before the recent search problem. It usually doesn't work and then every once in a while it will surprise me and work.
post #29 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-11, 11:12 AM
Veteran

Yes, it was quite flaky for a while with a partial listing. You had to hit it several times. Then it worked properly for a while with occasional misses, but now (since the Search fix), it's completely broken.

SA9865HD; Panasonic TH-50PZ850; Denon AVR-X4000; Tannoy: Arden, S8C, S8LR; SVS 16-46PC+; Oppo 971; Harmony 659/680
post #30 of 109 (permalink) Old 2015-06-13, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Yes were happy that search is working again! But yeah your right now we can't find out when a movie is on. Stupid Zap2it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in