Bell Media Specialty Channel Lineup 2014/15 - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 09:25 PM

Almost all of the movies on Syfy are garbage, but Canadians deserve the chance to watch them too.

Space ... Garbage in, garbage outer Space.

Walking and talking sharks? Never gonna happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AJH5aySRn4
[Jabberjaw clip]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 09:41 PM
Veteran

Exclamation

OH NO!!!

Now I've seen everything!!!

Oh well, I guess if you can have talking dogs,cats,squirrels,elephants,bears and who knows what else why not talking sharks LOL

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #48 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-03, 10:26 AM
Veteran

@dr dave: This worries me because this is exactly how the CBC treated Doctor Who one season before cutting it. It was shown as scheduled but it got little publicity to the point that it seemed that the CBC didn't want anyone to watch it. It was there because of contractual commitments only. One year later the CBC let it go to SPACE. Now the same thing seems to be happening again (G*d I hope I'm wrong).

post #49 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-04, 07:38 AM

Yeah, that's when I switched to iTunes/AppleTV and got the season pass for it.
post #50 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-06, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Season 2 of BITTEN to premiere in early 2015 on Space

Space announced today that production has begun on Season 2 of BITTEN. The 10-episode, second season of the one-hour thriller is set to premiere in early 2015 on Space. Season 2 of BITTEN was acquired for U.S. broadcast by Syfy.

Full Press Release.
post #51 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
post #52 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 01:36 PM
Veteran

RE: Highway To Hell
A pretty good series but it could be better. The series is shot on one of the most spectacular/scenic stretches of highway in BC. The vistas should be stunning. That aspect doesn't come through in the cinematography very well especially considering that the program is in HD.
post #53 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Official Press Release confirms DOCTOR WHO, Season 8, on August 23 on SPACE

On Saturday, Aug. 23, Peter Capaldi debuts as the latest incarnation of the world’s most beloved Time Lord when the feature-length, two-hour Season 8 premiere event of DOCTOR WHO kicks off at 8 p.m. ET with two, back-to-back episodes.

Leading up to the event, Space’s flagship series INNERSPACE covers the most highly-anticipated regeneration in the universe with INNERSPACE PRESENTS: Doctor Who Season 8, Friday, Aug. 22 at 6 p.m. ET. This 30-minute special includes feature chats with Steven Moffat (SHERLOCK), former Doctors Matt Smith, David Tennant, and Peter Davison, and all-new interviews with current companion Jenna Coleman, and the Twelfth Doctor himself, Peter Capaldi.

Following DOCTOR WHO, the all-new paranormal series INTRUDERS debuts at 10 p.m. ET, exclusively in Canada on Space. The eight-episode, one-hour series follows a secret society seeking immortality by inhabiting the bodies of others. Beginning Saturday, Aug. 30, INTRUDERS moves to its regular timeslot of 9 p.m. ET, following an all-new episode of DOCTOR WHO at 8 p.m. ET.

Full Press Release.
post #54 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidw View Post
@dr dave: This worries me because this is exactly how the CBC treated Doctor Who one season before cutting it. It was shown as scheduled but it got little publicity to the point that it seemed that the CBC didn't want anyone to watch it. It was there because of contractual commitments only. One year later the CBC let it go to SPACE. Now the same thing seems to be happening again (G*d I hope I'm wrong).
Looking at the press release, it seems Bell Media wanted to get all their ducks in a row and make a big splash with the whole night's lineup. If they were planning to abandon Doctor Who, I don't think they would have commissioned an INNERSPACE special.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2014-08-08 at 12:16 AM. Reason: typo
post #55 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 02:23 PM
Veteran

It looks like I was wrong about Space and The Doctor. Looking forward to Doctor Who.
post #56 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidw View Post
RE: Highway To Hell
A pretty good series but it could be better. The series is shot on one of the most spectacular/scenic stretches of highway in BC. The vistas should be stunning. That aspect doesn't come through in the cinematography very well especially considering that the program is in HD.
According to the last episode I assume they'll be doing some work in Fort McMurray on highway 63 as well.
post #57 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 05:17 PM
Veteran

Yes according to the press release they will be in both BC and Alberta this season.
post #58 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-21, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

DOCTOR WHO Takes Over Space Beginning August 20

Peter Capaldi debuts as the new Time Lord when the Season 8 DOCTOR WHO premiere event kicks off Aug. 23 at 8 p.m. ET

DOCTOR WHO moves to 9 p.m. ET timeslot beginning Saturday Aug. 30

DOCTOR WHO: THE ULTIMATE TIME LORD and DOCTOR WHO: THE ULTIMATE COMPANION premiere back-to-back Aug. 20 at 9 p.m. ET

INNERSPACE PRESENTS: DOCTOR WHO SEASON 8 features exclusive interviews with Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman Aug. 22 at 6 p.m. ET

Full Press Release.
post #59 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-21, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS Airs Live, Sunday, Aug. 24 at 9 p.m. ET on MTV & Much

The VMAs air Sunday, Aug. 24 at 9 p.m. ET on MTV Canada and Much, with several rebroadcasts throughout the week. The 2014 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS RED CARPET SPECIAL will be shown on both channels at 8 p.m. ET.

Full Press Release including performers.
post #60 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-08-27, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

The 13-episode, one-hour series Z NATION, premieres Friday, Sept. 12 at 10 p.m. ET on SPACE.

Full Press Release.

Tags
bell media , bravo , comedy network , discovery channel , schedule , space channel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in