Bell Media Specialty Channel Lineup 2014/15 - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-06-27, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

MUCH highlights for July

Tuesday, July 1
10 p.m. – DRUNK HISTORY – *Season 2 Premiere*
10:30 p.m. – NATHAN FOR YOU – *Season 2 Premiere*

Full Press Release.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2014-07-03 at 08:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-03, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
post #18 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-03, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

post #19 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-04, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

The People’s Couch premieres on Sunday, July 13 at 8:30 p.m. ET on Bravo. The 10-episode, half-hour reality series features eight viewing groups of Canadian TV fans reacting to, and deliberating on, the buzziest shows of the past week. The show is based on the U.K. hit Gogglebox and THE PEOPLE’S COUCH on Bravo U.S.

Full Press Release.
post #20 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-04, 06:24 PM

Dr Dave.

When it says mid season,what does that mean?
post #21 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-04, 07:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-season_replacement

Quote:
In American and Canadian television, a mid-season replacement is a television series that premieres in the second half of the traditional television season, usually between January and May.

Mid-season replacements usually take place after a show that was in the fall schedule was canceled or put on hiatus, or a program had a shortened season for some other reason which resulted in a time slot that needed filling.
post #22 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-04, 07:58 PM

It's nice to see Canada trying its own version of The People's Couch. I'm expecting it to be garbage, but I hope they at least comment on some of the Canadian content that the other International versions ignore. If the series features ONLY Bell Media content (why would they promote other content?), it will be less interesting to me.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't suck.
post #23 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-05, 12:42 AM

I know quite a few people around here don't like to get invested in a series if they think it may get cancelled (i'm not one of them ) but for those who are The Smoke is a one season series only (8 episodes) It was not renewed .
post #24 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-14, 03:12 PM

Thumbs down The People's Couch -- Canadian version

The Canadian version of The People's Couch was bad, but at least it featured Rookie Blue (which is a Shaw Media series).

http://www.bravo.ca/shows/peoplescouch?vid=393920
[The People's Couch Canada S1 Episode 1 - free stream]

The American version expanded to an hour, but the Canadian version is only 30 minutes (including commercials).

Six shows (all reality-tv crap, other than Rookie Blue) were covered in the first episode, but I only paid close attention to the Rookie Blue and Keeping Up With the Kardashians couch comments.

Since I don't find these Canadian couch families/friends to be that interesting or funny, I'm only curious to see what shows will be featured each week.

The American version's first season also had some boring couch families/friends, but the Canadian version seems to only have boring couch participants. I'd replace them all (if there is a second season), and also fix the annoying editing (quick and jarring; though it could be because the couch folks have nothing original or funny to say).

Edit: Only Six (not 7) shows were featured ... I quickly checked the Bravo.ca stream.

Last edited by PokerFace; 2014-07-14 at 06:00 PM. Reason: added the Bravo.ca streaming link and noticed only 6 shows were featured
post #25 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-16, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

CANDIDLY NICOLE premieres Thursday, July 22 on M3

Nicole Richie brings her unfiltered sense of humour to M3 with the new, exclusive reality series CANDIDLY NICOLE, premiering Thursday, July 22 at 9 p.m. ET. with eight, half-hour episodes.

Full Press Release.
post #26 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-16, 12:39 PM

Question Candidly Nicole ... Suddenly pulled from the E! Canada schedule and moved to M3

That's weird! Candidly Nicole was set to premiere on E! Canada tomorrow (same day as the VH1 premiere - the pilot episode can be streamed on the VH1 website), but I assume that Bell has decided to move the series to M3. I think it's a better fit for E! Canada, but I guess Bell knows best.

The E! Canada, YouTube promo for Candidly Nicole was recently removed by Bell, so I assume that confirms the switch to M3?

http://www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/E/...ummer-Release-
[previous Candidly Nicole, E! Canada press release]
post #27 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-19, 02:43 PM

Yes, Candidly Nicole debuts on M3 on July 22nd, but it's a Tuesday, NOT a Thursday as the press release states.
post #28 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-22, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

SHARK WEEK - August 10-16 on Discovery

SHARK WEEK Takes Another Bite Out of Summer, August 10-16 on Discovery

Discovery Canada’s 19th annual fin-fest to air a staggering 42 hours of “Shark Week 2014” content, including prime time line-up airing day-and-date with Discovery U.S. See the press release for full details.

For the first time in network history, DAILY PLANET joins “Shark Week 2014”. Premiering Monday, August 11 through Friday, August 15 at 7 p.m. ET, Canada’s favourite science program returns early from hiatus for five special “Shark Week” episodes – featuring dozens of original Canadian “Shark Week” stories and content. See press release #2.
post #29 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-22, 06:51 PM
Veteran

I've must admit that I've never understood the viewing public's preoccupation with sharks but I do admit it that has paid off handsomely for Discovery. This must be the most successful week for Discovery in the whole year.
post #30 of 242 (permalink) Old 2014-07-23, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Season 5 of MY CAT FROM HELL Friday, August 22 on Animal Planet

Season 5 of MY CAT FROM HELL premieres Friday, August 22 at 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. PT on Animal Planet with 18 all-new episodes.

Programming note: MY CAT FROM HELL theme week begins Monday, August 18 with encore presentations from Season 3 and Season 4 airing Monday - Thursday at 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. PT on Animal Planet.

Full Press Release.

Tags
bell media , bravo , comedy network , discovery channel , schedule , space channel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in