Fargo - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-23, 12:00 PM

Mike10 . Thanks for that . The odd good thing comes to those that wait i guess .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-23, 02:15 PM
Veteran

I watched the final episode yesterday. Overall it was well done. Its a shame that this show is only a mini series and not a regular series.
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-23, 03:26 PM

Not sure if this satisfies your craving but from what i have read it will probably return with a different set of characters (although some characters from season 1 may return) and storyline sort of like what they are doing with True Detective .

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-23, 08:05 PM
Rookie

Which is pretty cool. Movie stars are more willing to do this format of story telling now McConaughey in True Detective, Spacey in House of Cards, Billy Bob in Fargo. Should be fun to see who's in this next year.
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-24, 11:51 AM
Veteran

I guess American Horror Story has been doing this format of a new story every season as well for 3 years now, so it can work.
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-28, 01:31 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike10 View Post
FX Canada is doing a marathon of season 1 on Canada day
The Season 1 marathon is not on any more. I just checked the guide this morning and it has been replaced wth The Bridge and isn't on their online guide for FX either.

I am ticked as I wanted to finally see it.
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-28, 09:29 PM

Well that was fast . It's getting to be like lucy and the football . I also wanted to see it .
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-29, 11:05 AM
Veteran

I liked the movie but lost interest in the TV series part way through. I found some of the leading characters to be weak. Frances McDormand and William H. Macy really carried the original Fargo. Billy Bob Thornton does a good job in the TV series but the other characters are not as compelling.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-06-29, 11:47 AM

Question Fargo or NOT???

Cogeco's TV schedule I access from long established icon on computer desktop indeed shows FARGO marathon on July 1. When I access the schedule from the television guide it shows The BRIDGE marathon, I suspect the latter will prevail. Cogeco is so far behind in getting new channels such as Fxx. Once a great provider it is now a has-been. Senior management must take most of the blame for letting the business run away from its captive customers. sailmaker
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-07-17, 12:32 PM

post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-07-17, 04:13 PM

Anyone know if Fargo will appear later on other networks sort of what The Fall did originally airing on bravo and then passed around to other channels such as M3 etc ?If Bell is airing it on one of their French channels then perhaps they have the rights for other of their channels .
post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-07-17, 05:41 PM

I would be shocked if Fargo aired on a Bell Media channel in English. I think Bell Media only got the French rights because Rogers didn't have a French channel to air it on.

Fargo may air on another Rogers Media channel like FX or City TV (like The Bridge,) but that depends on how much Rogers Cable wants to promote their FXX exclusivity.
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 2014-07-17, 09:11 PM

You're probably right . The more likely idea is Rogers owned City TV running it next year like they did with season one of the Bridge .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in