CTV and CTV Two 2013-14 schedule - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-05, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will produce and broadcast a one-hour, midseason, after-show special, AFTER THE RACE, airing Tuesday, Aug. 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO. AFTER THE RACE reunites all of this season’s eliminated teams and features a look back at the most talked-about moments from the first six episodes.

Full Press Release.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-06, 08:48 PM

August 18 will be the series finale of The Listener
http://www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/CT...-Air-August-18
post #108 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 01:48 AM

Oh series final, really? Well it had a good run. We only watch it sometimes.

post #109 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 12:06 PM

It did have a good run . Kind of like the little canadian series that could . They switched the original premise from ems listener to police consultant listener and it seemed to work for them .The characters are mostly agreeable and the plots half decent . I'm kind of surprised they didn't finish with a longer arc re Toby's abilities but obviously the mother aspect is involved .
post #110 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-07, 09:03 PM

Sherds we saw a couple eps this season and they didnt mention Toby's mother are you saying they finally brought her back and explained it all?
post #111 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-08, 01:27 PM

May contain spoilers

Hey Bayguy . No they haven't brought her back but the episode prior to the most recent one (which i haven't seen yet ) Toby's reporter girlfriend is bound and determined to find the mother and at the end of that episode someone called her to say he knew the mother so i assume this will be continued to the end .
post #112 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-09, 09:03 PM

Oh thank you sherds maybe we will watch the last eps to see what happens.
post #113 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-15, 11:15 AM
Veteran

We liked The Listener much more when Toby was in the EMS. After he joined the IIB, it became just another typical cop procedural. If it wasn't a Canadian show, I wouldn't still be watching it - I am a little more forgiving with Canadian shows.
post #114 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-15, 11:28 AM

I liked it as well when he was in the EMS but i think the audience they were attracting at the time was on life support so they had to change the premise a bit to probably move forward . He still could listen but the IIB gave his ability a specific context and the new people in the IIB seemed to fit well .Anyways i've got the series Sirens now for my EMS fix .
post #115 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

'The Listener' series finale & 'The Emmy Awards'

Monday, Aug.18
9 p.m. – THE LISTENER – “In Our Midst– SERIES FINALE
Michelle (Lauren Lee Smith), Toby (Craig Olejnik), and Dev (Rainbow Sun Francks) find themselves in the extremely uncomfortable position of investigating their own boss. On clandestine orders from Judge Samuel Griffin (Bruce Gray, TRADERS) and Deputy Commissioner Earl Bamford (Brian Paul) of the IIB, the team must look into Becker’s (Anthony Lemke) dealings with Curtis Maynard (Noam Jenkins, COVERT AFFAIRS), a disgraced former cop with connections to drug dealing. Also in this gratifying conclusion to the series, secrets from Toby’s past are finally brought to light. An encore presentation of the series finale airs Saturday, Aug. 30 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.

Monday, Aug. 25
7 p.m. – ETALK – NEW EPISODE
Ben Mulroney and Danielle Graham host a live edition of ETALK from THE 66TH PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS red carpet outside the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles – only minutes before the biggest night in television begins. The special episode will feature all the pre-EMMY highlights, including coverage of the Awards Performers Nominee Reception, and the BAFTA Los Angeles TV Tea.

7:30 p.m. – THE 66TH PRIMETIME EMMY RED CARPET SPECIAL
Hosted by ACCESS HOLLYWOOD’s Billy Bush, THE 66TH PRIMETIME EMMY RED CARPET SPECIAL features interviews with EMMY nominees and special celebrity guests as they make their way down the red carpet at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Bush will be joined by EMMY Award-winning journalist and Entertainment Reporter Shaun Robinson, and Style Reporter Louise Roe.

8 p.m. – THE 66TH PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS
In a break from its traditional Sunday night broadcast, THE 66TH ANNUAL PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS airs exclusively on CTV on Monday, Aug. 25. Hosted by Seth Meyers (LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS), this year’s ceremony honouring the best in national primetime television airs live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.

CTV Programming Highlights: August 16 – 31
post #116 of 116 (permalink) Old 2014-09-12, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will conclude with a two-hour special event from 8-10 p.m. ET/PT on Sunday, Sept. 21. The Season 2 finale will air in a special Sunday night timeslot on CTV and CTV GO, immediately followed by the live one-hour after-show special, AFTER THE RACE.

Full Press Release.

Tags
ctv , ctv two , schedule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in