Fox 2013-14 schedule - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-05-08, 07:44 PM

I tell ya, when it comes to watching series on FOX, it's like playing Russian roulette. You never know when time will be up.
Of all series that never has been cancelled from them, Bob's Burgers is one of them. They cancelled all my favorite shows but never the ones that are not appealing at all. Go figure.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-05-08, 09:00 PM

Surviving Jack was cancelled (a welcomed mercy killing), but at least Fox has Jack Bauer around to keep some people happy (although I'm tired of Jack's exploits and don't really care what happens to him).

American Idol is a train wreck that I started watching more closely this season, but it seems to get worse as it goes along. Surviving American Idol is not an easy thing to do. Can't wait until it's over, so I can buy my "I Survived American Idol" T-shirt.
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-05-08, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danster View Post
I tell ya, when it comes to watching series on FOX, it's like playing Russian roulette. You never know when time will be up...
Fox has always seemed to be a network that keeps a small number of formerly good shows on the air years after they should have been canceled (Married With Children being one example), with all the rest being a quickly changing bunch of shows they heavily promote and cancel a few weeks later, regardless of their quality or lack of it.
Remember Peter Griffin's list of Fox shows that came and went during their hiatus?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMTmtN7lHI

I've recently been going through a DVD set of the 1990-92 sitcom Get A Life, and listening to the commentary on each episode by co-creator David Mirkin. It's stunning to hear how Fox objected to just about everything and inexplicably wanted it to be more like the hackneyed lame sitcoms it was mocking -- pretty much telling them 'stop trying to be funny', making you wonder why they put it on the air in the first place if they hated it so much.

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-05-09, 06:36 PM

I do remember that episode of Family Guy. Sad part is that many of these shows Peter named, I was watching. I really miss Dark Angel the most.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

TEEN CHOICE 2014, airs LIVE from UCLA Pauley Pavilion Sunday, Aug. 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

Full Press Release.
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

FOX will air the final four episodes of now-cancelled Enlisted, beginning Sunday June 1st at 7 PM. The episodes will air one per week for four consecutive weeks.

Source.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-06-12, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
FOX has canceled low rated reality shows I Wanna Marry Harry and improv comedy series Riot. Both series have been pulled from the schedule effective immediately. For the past two weeks, both shows have earned a 0.4 adults 18-49 rating. Next Tuesday, FOX will begin airing repeats of its scripted comedies.
Source.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-06-12, 07:20 PM

Riot was even worse than the Australian version called Slide Show ... although even Slide Show was most often too dull to enjoy.
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-06-23, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Gordon Ramsey Announces He is Ending 'Kitchen Nightmares'

Chef Gordon Ramsey announced on his official website that he will cease production on his longrunning reality series Kitchen Nightmare. Seven seasons of the United States version aired on FOX.

Source.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 2014-09-02, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

'Gang Related' cancelled

Fox’s drama Gang Related will not be coming back as the network has opted not to renew the undercover drama for a second season.

Source: http://deadline.com/2014/09/gang-rel...season-827979/

'Gang Related' also appeared on CTV this past summer.

Tags
fox , schedule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in