Banshee Cinemax/HBO - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-24, 12:25 PM

Sherds: I was referring to the part at the end where a certain person made a phone call enquiring about his father. Well, earlier in the season one of the 'end of credits' scenes had been a voice mail message from that person left on someone's broken phone.

I had assumed it was going to be followed up on in the next few eps, so it was driving me crazy! Apparently it'll be part of the season 2 storyline.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-24, 03:13 PM

juliedawn, i remember seeing that and thinking "another complication for Hood " .There was a lot going on in season 1 so the writers probably put it in there as a possible hook if needed . Apparently there was a scene after every credit but i don't think i saw them all (or can't remember )
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-25, 09:32 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliedawn View Post
I had assumed it was going to be followed up on in the next few eps, so it was driving me crazy! Apparently it'll be part of the season 2 storyline.....
Agreed - I was expected this to be how Rabbit found that Hood was in Banshee. When nothing happened with it, I figured it was a continuity deficiency.....perhaps they would have done something different with it, had the show not been renewed.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-25, 12:04 PM

Good Show!!!

After reading this thread here, I downloaded 5 episodes of Banshee. On the thread title it says Cinemax/HBO. Does it play on HBO Canada? I just got The Movie Network and Got hooked on The Walking Dead,Game of Thrones so I downloaded all the older episodes. So was wondeing if Banshee is on HBO here.

After credit scenes. THANKG GUYS!! I didn't know about this. Once the credits kicked in I would jump on to the next episode. Now I have to go back to the the episodes I have seen so far and check out those scenes.

Juliedawn,Do you know on what episode the call was made?
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-25, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

It is indeed on HBO Canada
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-25, 06:06 PM
Veteran

After credits scenes

The voice mail message from Jason (Lucas Hood's son) was after the credits of episode 6. Rabbit found that Hood was in Banshee watching the hostage situation covered by the TV news after the credits of episode 7. The phone call from Jason inquiring about his father was after the credits of episode 10 where Jason also sees on "YouTube" his presumed father fighting with an MMA Champ. The "YouTube" title read: "Banshee County Sheriff Lucas Hood takes down an MMA Champ". Note: I believe episode 10 is the last one of season 1.

SA9865HD; Panasonic TH-50PZ850; Denon AVR-X4000; Tannoy: Arden, S8C, S8LR; SVS 16-46PC+; Oppo 971; Harmony 659/680
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-26, 10:35 AM
Veteran

The scene where Jason sees Hood on YouTube is definitely at the end of the last episode of season 1, after the credits. Kind of sets one of the story arcs for season 2.

If anything, season 2 promises to have as many different things happening as season 1 did. I hope it does not become predictable and, thus, boring....
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-26, 12:33 PM

I remember a scene where someone (a cop?) seemed to be videoing the fight between lucas and the mma rapist and i though oh oh trouble ahead . So the scene with Jason comes after the fbi guy looks in the grave and wonders who the people are ? Totally missed that .
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-27, 09:59 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherds View Post
So the scene with Jason comes after the fbi guy looks in the grave and wonders who the people are ? Totally missed that .
The scene comes AFTER the credits.

I have to go back and review all episodes - have they been doing this from the start?
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-27, 02:17 PM

According to the writer/showrunner they have been doing those after credit scenes all series .I thought the grave scene discovering the three bodies was after the credits but i will depend on the kindness of strangers to discover the truth .
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-27, 07:57 PM

Season 1 will be repeated on Thursdays starting April 4... so get ready to watch the after credit scenes!!

Here's the combination lock explained: http://bansheetvshow.com/video-gallery/player/84
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-29, 12:23 AM

I have seen 5 episodes and now wait til the credits roll for the last scene.

Though I find the plot unbelievable and far fetched, I find the show entertaining. It is sure as hell better than all the reality shows and singing contests out there.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-03-29, 12:17 PM

This after the credit stuff for this show or any other is just plain dumb. I suspect that most viewers desert a program once the credits start rolling. If they want us to keep watching, shouldn't they let us know that there is something coming? I am now wondering how many after-the-credit scenes I have missed during my lifetime.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 2013-04-02, 10:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy182 View Post
This after the credit stuff for this show or any other is just plain dumb. I suspect that most viewers desert a program once the credits start rolling. If they want us to keep watching, shouldn't they let us know that there is something coming?
I agree that the idea is kind of dumb - this is not a movie theatre where we have no control and are thus forced to sit and wait!

Fast forward means we still won't watch the credits.

On the other hand, they did try to be creative about various hooks in this show. The after-credit scenes are one. Another is the fact that nobody ever calls Hood by his real name. He remains the nameless hero that Americans seems fixated upon.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in