The Americans - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-01-30, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

The Americans

Looks like a good show. I have a timer set on regular FX, but I was wondering can someone with FX Canada confirm that this show is actually airing tonight? I don't see it on Superchannel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-01-30, 10:53 PM

FX Canada website shows it airing at 10 pm and 1 am est today/early tomorrow
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-01-31, 01:51 AM

yes blackloz it was on tonite but I don't know what you mean by Superchannel it was on FX. It was nice to have it b'cuz otherwise we'd have to wait to 10 pm to watch it on FX US. :-)

It was pretty good, especially after the neighbors moved in.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-01-31, 07:48 PM
PFD

It definately has potential. Doesn't seem to take itself as seriously as Homeland and there's plenty of room for light stuff with the 80s motif (the girl doing her homework on a manual typewriter. And man, forgot how high up the hips women used to wear their jeans then).
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-01-31, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayguy View Post
yes blackloz it was on tonite but I don't know what you mean by Superchannel it was on FX. It was nice to have it b'cuz otherwise we'd have to wait to 10 pm to watch it on FX US. :-)

It was pretty good, especially after the neighbors moved in.
I was just wondering as pre FX Canada Superchannel snagged most of FX's shows, and since I don't have access to FX Canada on Bell and was to lazy to look it up on their website, I was just curious. Anyway I did DVR it and will watch it this weekend.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-01, 04:57 PM
Veteran

Lucky I'm not in a sensitive governmental position 'cause I would have given up all my state secrets to her in about 5 minutes!
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-01, 10:40 PM

Anyone notice an appearance by Richard Thomas? Haven''t seen him since the "Walton" days! Very good show!
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-01, 11:29 PM

watrug we didn't notice him what part did he play? Will he be back?
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-02, 02:30 PM

I see that the Pilot episode is going to be aired on Citytv on Tuesday 12 February. It is a good news for me since I - with Bell Fibe - do not get FX. My question then, is it going to be permanent for the whole season or it is just a one-episode teaser so that people subscribe to FX?
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-02, 08:35 PM

I would be almost certain it's a teaser, like they did last year with that talking dog show, and American Horror Story. Have seen several ads for The Americans on various Rogers-owned channels, and they all say it's only available on FX, contact your provider blah blah, and have big letters on the bottom of the screen 'not available on Bell'.
So it's highly unlikely they'll turn around and air the whole thing on City when they're making such a big deal on their own ads about subscribing to FX to see it.

Unfortunately this is one show I would like to see, but I am on Bell Fibe...and FX isn't enough to make me want to change lol! I figure if it does well, eventually it'll show up on regular TV, or on Netflix or iTunes or something.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-02, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayguy View Post
watrug we didn't notice him what part did he play? Will he be back?
He was listed as a "Special Guest" and played an official in the FBI Headquarters Building. He appeared in the scene when the FBI agent who moved in next door to the KGB couple was told about the disappearance of the Agent who I assume was killed at the beginning of the episode. His role was so insignificant, I doubt he will be in another episode. If he does, his name will be listed with the cast list at the beginning.
In COGECO's program guide, the programme is listed as a "pilot" so I suspect it will be back next Wednesday.
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-03, 01:16 AM

Hi waterug thanks for the info, we won't watch the whole ep again just to see him but thanks for letting us know where he was.
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-04, 07:01 PM

My Shaw guide and Zap2it show the pilot episode (90 min) airing at 9pm feb 12 on City TV but can't find other episode info . Anyone know about this airing ?
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-04, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules130 View Post
I see that the Pilot episode is going to be aired on Citytv on Tuesday 12 February. It is a good news for me since I - with Bell Fibe - do not get FX. My question then, is it going to be permanent for the whole season or it is just a one-episode teaser so that people subscribe to FX?
It looks like just the one episode since the U.S networks are airing the State of the Union address that day, so it makes a nice filler and a teaser. Body of Proof starts as scheduled on Tue. Feb. 19.
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 2013-02-04, 09:30 PM

The pilot episode also is being replayed on fxhd on Feb 13th at 8 central time. But it's only listed at an hour long. Why is it showing 90 mins on City? This is according to my guide on Shaw direct.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in