Big Brother 14 (no spoilers see other thread) - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-06, 09:52 AM
Digital Sage

Since Shane was screwed out of his HOH and POV wins it's only fitting that Danielle won HOH. Boogie is slowly turning into the most annoying person in reality tv history. He's a close second to the fake boob, annoying laugh bimbo IMHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-06, 12:24 PM

I tend to agree with you. Though, I think the Shane / Danielle "romance" (kissy, kissy) will probably come back to haunt them with the others eventually.

As far as Mike Boogie's game play going forward, I would not count him out for next week just yet. I think he and Janelle will use eachother as "two votes" and flip-flop for as long as they can.

imo, there was no question that Mike Boogie deserved to win the all-stars competition -- the odds were many times stacked against Will and Mike -- and it is truly amazing at the stupidity of the game play of others that season.

Even though I am not a fan of Mike's during this season, he might very well find some angles along the way that keep him alive for at least a couple of weeks.

Dan certainly seems intent in "strategizing" with him -- which may mean that Joe, Jenn and Ian view Dan as a bigger threat than Mike.

Stay tuned.
post #63 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-07, 12:38 PM
Digital Sage

If the newbies are smart (they always seem to be dumb as bricks) then they would team together to get rid of the coaches.

Dan seems way too much interested in his coach role. GO TEAM. If he was truly interested in saving Danielle and the other coaches then perhaps trying to win a competition might help.

post #64 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-07, 12:59 PM

I hear you. Sometimes flying under the radar does work (in this game) -- pretending to be weaker than you really are -- but as my former boss used to say -- sh#$ always floats to the top (eventually).

imo, a true competitor is one that always tries -- never gives up -- and once all is lost -- be sincere and congratulate your opponent as you would have done to you.

If you have to "not try", because others might perceive you to be weaker than you really are -- then you may as well not even go into the competition in the first place. You want to beat the best, not win by default.
post #65 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-07, 03:48 PM

Very rare in this game have the final 2 been "the best". Most of the time one of the smarter people will bring with them someone they know they can beat, for the "sure thing".

The goal of Big Brother is, has and always will be to "work smart, not work hard". Dan knows what he's doing, but I do think he's making a few mistakes lately (telling Boogie about Frank, and not wanting to put Boogie up for nomination).

If you want to have a battle of the bests in competitions, go watch Survivor. When a team/person throws a comp in Survivor, the results are disastrous. Just look at what happened to the one team that decided to throw a comp to get rid of Russell. Yes, they got rid of Russell. But then what happened? The opposing team whooped them in almost every comp after that, and the post-merger was almost all one-sided.
post #66 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-07, 03:52 PM
PFD

Which is why a game like, for instance, The Weakest Link, didn't work. Becasue after a while it became clear that the objective in the game was to knockout the smart people and keep the stupid people close.
It's the same in a way with BB and even in Survivor. Eliminate the threats (the smartest, most popular, better strategists) and keep the ones everybody hates in the game.

This is not the Olympics. The top two rarely get into the final. A really good player recognizes this and tries to work his way in between being a good, popular player and floating under the radar. it's tougher than it looks.
post #67 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 08:16 AM

I guess I was wrong about Mike and Janelle finding a way to work together for a short period of time. But, I was correct in suggesting that Mike Boogie would find another "angle" to keep him in the house longer.

Booting Janelle out of the house now is probably a good move for Danielle -- but leaving Frank in there another week (imo), may only strengthens Mike's bargaining power with the remaining three guests (Joe, Jenn and Wil), should one of them win HOH next week.
post #68 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 09:28 AM
Digital Sage

Janelle and her former team are toast. She flipped flopped throughout the game and now her ship is sinking without a lifeboat.

I can see Joe going home next week.
post #69 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 10:42 AM

They need to get rid of some of the dead weight....Jenn, Joe and Ashley are all very expendable. At least the group can use Wil and Ian to their advantage if they need to, so keep those two guys around for a little longer.

I'm not sure I like this new Avengers alliance, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. I already figured out who would be who:
  • Boogie = Iron Man
  • Frank = Thor and Hulk
  • Dan = Captain America
  • Shane = Hawkeye
  • Danielle = Black Widow
  • Brittany = Maria Hill
  • Ian = Agent Colson
post #70 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 09:44 PM
Veteran

Who's running the show now?

Boogie's running the show now.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #71 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 10:58 PM
PFD

This season's suddenly gotten boring. Watching the HOH comp and it dawned on me there were obvious enemies to anyone anymore. Normally you're hoping one person or another wins or doesn't win, but this time it made no difference.
post #72 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-10, 09:17 AM
Digital Sage

As long as Boogie doesn't win, I don't really care who does.

As soon as Boogie or Frank goes, the other one is toast.

For that to happen we need somebody like Joe to win HOH.
post #73 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-10, 09:26 AM
Veteran

Heh. Janelle was more worried about the fact that she didn't put on makeup for the veto ceremony.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #74 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-10, 09:40 AM
PFD

She made such a terrible interview as well. Chenbot was trying to lead her on with questions, but Janelle gave unexpected answers. I thought she was smart. Also surprised that CBS censors douchebag but not screw you.
post #75 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-08-10, 12:26 PM
Veteran

Her diary room interviews were always hilarious... reminded me of the "movie guy" voice during trailers. So infused with drama and intensity... and so canned...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in