Big Brother 14 (no spoilers see other thread) - Page 12 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #166 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 08:54 AM
Digital Sage

I doubt he threw it. I thought Ian did a great job answering the questions and I wouldn't be surprised if Danielle's question to Ian was Dan's downfall if anybody was undecided.

I thought the vote would be 5-2 for Ian. Jenn's vote surprised me.

Janelle and Jenn both came off poorly last night. Both of them live in their own little world.

Dan did a great job reminding people what a horrible person he was and how he back stabbed everybody. Not a great strategy.

Ian won using brains and without making a girl cry.

Poor Danielle, loyal to the end. She was like a battered wife who refuses to leave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 09:01 AM

Dan should have won but he was never going to beat Ian in the final 2. He knew that and didn't through the competition.
post #168 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 10:06 AM
PFD

Oh I'm pretty sure he did. He knew Ian was going to take him to the final two, so he didn't stand to gain by winning and having to make the decision over whom to take. After everything else Dan did, throwing the competition was the final move. You can see him smiling throughout the comp, and some of the answers were painfully wrong.

post #169 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 10:49 AM

Thanks for all of the input this year.

I think the right person won -- of the two that remained. I do think Danielle's question to Ian also swayed any undecided voters.

Even though Danielle was bitter, I do think that the "loyalty" thing to Dan (in the end) was the correct one for her. She is a nurse in real life -- and I am sure that in her profession people do seek some comfort and if you are perceived untrustworthy, then patients might always be left wondering.

I also think Ian is correct in that he would not have won against Danielle in a final two scenerio. And I agree that Dan through Part 3 of the HOH competition, so he would not have to choose between Ian and Danielle.

Best wishes -- and see you next season.
post #170 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 11:11 AM

Honestly I thought Dan had this win in the bag. He did so many amazing things this season, it was HIS season. Ian did deserve to win, but Dan deserved it so much more.

It surprised me that Jenn and Britney both voted for Ian, after praising Dan so much. I guess that since Dan was up against Ian that Britney had to pick Ian, but Jenn really seemed to get Dan's gameplay. I think Janelle was right, Dan's one of the best players to ever play the game.

Surprised me a lot that Frank won the America's Choice prize. All of his bitterness in the jury house and people STILL liked him? I liked him during his time in the house but when he went to Jury House he just couldn't get over Dan's gameplay, and that turned me off of him. He came across as petty and not willing to let things go. After all, it is just a game.
post #171 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 12:55 PM
Digital Sage

Frank winning America's choice was a shocker. He was angry inside and outside the house. Perhaps people felt for sorry for him since he was unemployed.

Danielle wasn't overly happy with her vote. She wanted to keep her word. If she had more time with the jury then perhaps Shane or others could have persuaded her.

Britney said over and over that Dan had already won and if you're not careful people will just write him another cheque.

I thought Ian was the better player. Causing drama in the house may raise your tv minutes but Ian played the game the way he wanted and did it well.

Dan needs therapy and I hope his in-laws watched closely to see if he treats their daughter like Danielle.

Dan also stated in the taped part of the show he wanted Ian to throw the last competition. He wasn't planning on going this far to trust another person with his fate.

I'm not sure why Ian didn't take Danielle to the final. Perhaps he valued his word over money. He was a sure winner against her.
post #172 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 03:48 PM
Veteran

Ian said he didn't think he could win against Danielle. Dan didn't throw the final HOH. Ian mentioned that he guessed on a few of the questions--he got lucky.

I think that Dan is a psychopath--he lies so easily and does not show empathy for others. If Dan is a psychopath, it doesn't mean that Dan is a bad person (ie mass murderer), just that he can lie without batting an eyelash. He can, and probably does treat his wife very well. Pyschopaths can be very charming, but the key is they don't feel emotions the same way that most people do, which allows them to manipulate people (if they want to) the way that Dan ran the house this year.

I think that this edition of BB was one of the best ever--Dan made it to the final two when he was a dead man walking (best BB episode ever), and Ian won against Dan, even though the jury thought that Dan was one of the best BB players ever. What it came down to was Dan's methods--but the thing about that is he had to backstab people to get to the final two. If he wouldn't have done that, he would have been sent packing weeks ago.
post #173 of 173 (permalink) Old 2012-09-20, 05:36 PM
PFD

WE don't know what Dan's liek in real life. He's a good game player. That's all there is to it, unless we know anything else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in