The Walking Dead (Season 3) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-07-03, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

The Walking Dead (Season 3)

While we still have a bit of a wait for Season 3 to kickoff in October I just wanted to mention that there is a two-day huge WD event this weekend on AMC.

1) All 19 episodes from the first two seasons will be aired
2) A new Talking Dead episode will be shown with a first sneak peek at season 3
3) The world premiere of the black-and-white version of The Walking Dead pilot episode will be shown

Check out http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...ew-weekend.php for more details...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-07-13, 07:02 PM
Veteran

The Walking Dead - Season 3 (Oct 14)

Coming October 14th!

Season 3 trailer...

post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-07-17, 04:42 PM

I did not like the black and white version of Days Gone By. Too gimmicky.

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-08-07, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

If anyone is looking to get a WD fix in while we wait for new AMC episodes there are a couple of things that I've recently come across that were pretty entertaining from the WD universe...

The first is a five-episode Walking Dead video game that is a first-person story-based game (made by TellTale games). I've been playing on my xbox and it's been pretty entertaining so far, and waiting for episode 3 to be released in the next week or two. You play from the point of view of a character named Lee Everett who is an escaped convict. So far in the game I've crossed paths with Hershel and Glenn and it's definitely kept my interest up.

The second is the book "Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor" which is a back-story about the forthcoming TV season's character to be known as "the governor". It's a good light read, and tells about the humble beginnings of this character and how he began to rise to power. It's book 1 of the trilogy with book 2 set to be released mid-October around the same time the AMC series resumes. You can find it online for purchase in many places, and a book on CD is also sold. I listened to most of it on a recent drive between Winnipeg and Minneapolis at 3am in the morning on a foggy highway.... made for pretty creepy driving conditions!
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-08-10, 01:40 AM
Veteran

Here's a deleted scene from the Season 2 premier.

The show was supposed to go in a different direction until Daramont was fired.
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 06:51 AM

I enjoyed the 1st season - then it seemed to change direction & became the "Talking Dead" except for the odd action episode. I was dissapointed when it became about equal to Coronation street level of conversation or a yakidy yack afternoon soap.
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 10:56 AM

Well maybe this season it'll pick up. They did have a little bit of a hard time last season with writers or producers and such.
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 12:10 PM

To be fair, the 2nd half of season 2 amped up the excitement quite a bit. The first half was bogged down by the terrible "looking for Sophia" storyline and the "Carl getting shot" story that basically had most of the characters standing around.

Personally I would have preferred if Carl had died, that kid's just way too creepy.
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-09-18, 12:23 AM
Veteran

Spoiler alert....

post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-10-01, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Only two weeks to go! Here are 25 minutes worth of webisodes recently released by AMC to get your zombie fix until the season starts...

post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-10-15, 09:47 PM

Walking Dead Season 3 premiere got a 5.7 18-49 rating which is the highest rating of any show on tv this fall season. Amazing that a basic cable show could beat anything the big 4 networks put on the air.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ge-8/#comments
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-10-16, 10:35 AM

And it was actually a good episode too. So a lot of people saw a great episode, which hopefully means a lot of people liked what they saw and will stick around for the rest of the season.
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-10-16, 11:40 AM
Member #1

Honestly, how can Zombies live for a year or two inside a prison? Back on the farm they fed them to keep them alive. Do Zombies no longer have to eat?

Also the grounds of the prison were crawling with about 100 Zombies. Since many were inside the compound, you have to wonder, what did they eat in the last two years?

I really liked this show but I'm not sure I can watch it much longer.

I can suspend disbelief so I can believe in Zombies but the show has to have some internal discipline. On one hand, zombies need to be fed, on the other hand, zombies don't require food.

Finally, how does cutting a part of a leg off save you?

We've learned now that everyone has the virus so everyone is going to be a Zombie at some point. I wonder now "why does getting bit turn you into a Zombie if you have the virus anyway?" It seems, how you become a zombie is changing every season.

post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-10-16, 12:40 PM
PFD

I agree with some of your points Hugh. I do find the zombie lore a bit harder to figure out than, say, vampires or werewolves. You're right...Do They Eat? If so, what have the guys walking around the yard been eating? What happens if they don't eat? Do they die? but they're dead. Maybe those still "alive" are eating the dead zombies? Who knows?

The one thing you said at the end,though, is that while they all have the virus, (and thus will all turn when they die), cutting the leg off makes sense, in that if the poison (or whatever it is) doesn't reach the part of the brain in question, they can stave off immediate zombification.

But there are several inconsistencies, I'll grant you that.

EDIT: Just thought of soemthing. We saw plenty of dead zombies in the prison grounds. I guess they starved?
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 2012-10-16, 12:53 PM
Member #1

Inside the prison, the Zombies had a ton of what appeared to be fresh blood? Not really sure how that happened? Should the blood not have been dried up?

Also the one Zombie was lying on the ground but then jumped up like a cat to bite a running man in the calf. Really? Weak Zombie on ground has cat like reflexes?

In Season #1, Zombies were slow, now they are cat like in their responses!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in