The Walking Dead (Season 3) - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-02, 04:08 PM

I'm still messed up to comment - as I am still greiving the loss of Fringe

Regards,
Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-02, 04:48 PM

I thought it was a great way to end the season's smaller arcs, while at the same time setting up for the future. Isn't that what a season finale is supposed to do? I wasn't expecting any kind of huge battle, because that's not realistic. Yes, Governor has become a 'classic bad guy' but he's still operating in a logical world, hence his little killing spree. He expected his side to be full of brutes and skilled warriors, but all he had was ordinary people.

Regarding headshots....they kind of lampshaded this when they made Tyrese out to be a terrible shot. His actor even said that this was more realistic and he enjoys that part of his character.
post #63 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-02, 04:52 PM
Veteran

The crew speaks a bit of Season 4 here.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...e-walking-dead

post #64 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-02, 04:59 PM
Veteran

Overall, disappointing season IMHO. I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 way more. Still a lot of potential for the show. I'm just hopeful they don't mess it up.

Good series, but doesn't hold a candle to Breaking Bad.
post #65 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-04, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerChip View Post
Overall, disappointing season IMHO. I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 way more. Still a lot of potential for the show. I'm just hopeful they don't mess it up.

Good series, but doesn't hold a candle to Breaking Bad.
You liked season 2 over season 3? WOW Season 2 has to be one of the worst seasons of any tv series. Season 1 was great but I almost gave up on the show after season 2.
post #66 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-04, 11:14 AM
Veteran

Actually, season 2 wasn't all that bad. But the end of season 3 was kind of blah. The episode (a couple back) where the governor chased down Andrea was probably the best one ever.

I too was kind of surprised though that they gave up on the nice town (where they have some electricity, clean and safe buildings, etc) for the prison. Especially since the guard tower has not been blown up, their gates are continually getting knocked down or blown off, they still have uncharted areas with zombies in it, and a hole in the back where Tierese originally got in. All in all, the prison doesn't seem too good IMO. Sure they had to continually protect the fence at the town but weren't they mostly guarding against other people, not the zombies. They could just let the zombies pile up outside like they do at the prison.

So all in all a really good season. Just not much of a finale. Especially since they chose the prison over the town.
post #67 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-04, 12:23 PM

Great season but I was disappointed with the finish.

I was hoping the Guv would be destroyed as I don't want him back next year. My thoughts was if you just saw this guy gun down all your friends, would you really just watch? I would have shot the governor realizing he's just crazy.

Finally, moving to the prison seems really dumb. Where will they all sleep, get food etc.

Despite it all, enjoyed season 3.
post #68 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-04, 12:59 PM

I don't expect them to stay in the prison. I can see them re-organizing and heading to Woodbury to live
post #69 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-04, 01:19 PM
Veteran

I liked Season 1 because the action moved to several places. First it was Rick's home town, then Atlanta, then the camp ground, then the CDC. Season 2 and 3 have both been about hanging around one spot. It was interesting in Season 1 to see how the world changed and getting to know more about this event of the dead coming back to life.

I preferred S3 well over S2, but at least S2 ended with the prison in the background so that gave you something to look forward to. S3 ended with nothing.
post #70 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-04, 01:23 PM

The reason its set in a single location is that its cheaper to film.

I enjoyed this season, sure it was less about walkers and more about human conflict, but that is what would happen.

I'm looking forward to S4

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #71 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-04, 10:27 PM
Veteran

It may not have made sense immediately to move into Woodbury since the Governor was still on the loose. But yeah hopefully there's a plot next season that involves moving from the prison. I think a next step, which may jump the shark, is to go into what's happening with the outside world, if there is one.
post #72 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-05, 04:40 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
I don't expect them to stay in the prison. I can see them re-organizing and heading to Woodbury to live
I really don't understand why they took them out of Woodbury and went to the prison.

Horrible living conditions (it's a PRISON!), walkers still finding ways in, fences run down during attacks, etc. The village had far better living conditions.

Given the reduction of population and the realization of what the Gov was like, the change just does not make sense to me.

I agree with XM4243 - the Guv should have been eliminated. Typical of US TV, they create a bad guy for every story line. As if being in a world of walkers, where everyone is infected, does not create enough drama! Almost like the writers are taking the easy, lazy way out.....

In the books, don't they kill the Guv? And yet the books have gone on for a long time afterwards? TV execs are just brain dead some times.....
post #73 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-05, 04:42 PM
Veteran

Maybe I am being simplistic, but when is someone going to realize that humanity has become a scare commodity in the Walking Dead universe?

If they keep killing each other off, they are reducing the gene pool to the point that rebuilding will become impossible. They need to work together against a common enemy.

This side of the story has kind of spoiled it for me.
post #74 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-05, 04:59 PM
PFD

^^^^^

Not sure what you mean?

Of course they realized that. The Prison people didn't want to go to war with Woodbury....but I don't think they had any choice. The Governor, on the other hand, is beyond rational thought.
post #75 of 105 (permalink) Old 2013-04-05, 11:46 PM

rfielder
Quote:
If they keep killing each other off, they are reducing the gene pool to the point that rebuilding will become impossible. They need to work together against a common enemy.
This is something that got me thinking too.

Instead of uniting, we see humans killing humans.Or Humans shunning off good Humans, sending them off instead of accepting them.

There is strength in numbers. But this goes against evolution.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in