A&E/Netflix "Longmire" Series - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-08-30, 07:42 PM

Longmire has been renewed for season 3. The Glades has been cancelled after 4 seasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-08-30, 08:15 PM
Veteran

@sherds: Perhaps the characters are wooden but on a station that otherwise relies on such "intellectually challenging" (or is it challenged?) programs as Storage Wars (all evening yet) for their viewership, a show such as Longmire is a welcome relief.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-08-31, 12:00 AM

Don't talk to me about Storage Wars.

I might just check out this Longmire show.

post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-08-31, 01:40 PM

Reidw I made that comment 14 months ago when the show had just started and i have watched the show since and feel it has improved and mostly enjoy it now . It's always difficult to come from the books to a visual adaptation by others and feel that it is adequate to your own interpretation . Just finished condensing and coagulating our own little storage spaces and that's enough war for me for the moment .
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-08-31, 02:18 PM

Pretty strange that they cancelled The Glades with that ending . Guess the producers figured they could shame the network into a renewal and didn't much care about the audience .
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-09-02, 12:49 AM

Believe it or not I had never seen Longmire nor Storage Wars. Though I had an I figured SW was much like the shows on Shaw like Pawn Stars.

So, I have seen Longmire(episodes1-5 season 1) and saw one full episode of SW.Well there is no comparison. Though Longmire is not groundbreaking, it is good. As for SW,it is not my thing.Never liked reality TV.
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-09-02, 11:48 AM
Veteran

Storage Wars is a bit better paced and more slickly packaged. Getting back to Longmire, I'm happy that A&E is giving the show time to find its audience. The major networks today expect instant hits. A show rarely gets time to grow on NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox. I hate to invest my time and interest in a series only to have it cancelled without any proper conclusion (Terra Nova, Alcatraz and many others).
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-09-03, 08:57 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
Longmire has been renewed for season 3. The Glades has been cancelled after 4 seasons.
The Glades has been cancelled? After the cliffhanger at the end of season 4?

That is just plain cruel and stupid! If they were cancelling it, they could have at least wrapped things up, not
left him laying on the floor, shot twice, but an unknown party
!!!!!!!
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-09-03, 09:38 AM
Veteran

Don't forget that the writers and producers often don't know whether or not they are going to be renewed when they record the last episode of the season. It would be nice if it were to become standard policy to allow a cancelled show to have a final goodbye episode, maybe a two hour mini-movie, at some point in the next season to wrap up the series properly. However I doubt if that will ever happen for most shows.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 2013-11-25, 06:00 PM

A&E Finally issued the official press release - only 10 episodes for this season. Season 1 was 10 and season 2 was 13. It's a highly-rated show, so it must have been a tough negotiation.

'Longmire' Renewed for Ten Episode Season Three by A&E
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 2014-04-24, 11:32 AM

"Longmire" returns for a third season on Monday, June 2 at 10 PM ET/PT.

Longmire continues as the network’s #1 original drama series of all time in total viewers with season two averaging 6 million, a record for any A&E drama season delivery (based on Live+7 viewing).

Full Press Release.
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 2014-04-25, 11:26 AM
Veteran

Just started reading the Longmire books, finished the first and part way through the second.

Two things - first, they have really changed some of the characters for the TV show. As noted before, Vic has been tamed down for TV. Also, Henry is a LOT different.

Second, the stuff in the show works well, in the spirit of the novels, in spite of the changes. The actor who portrays Walt Longmire has the right feel, IMHO, and even Henry pulls it off well. The show works, as an interpretation of the novels rather than a visualization of the novels.
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 2014-04-25, 02:06 PM

Well television is a visual medium so of course it has to be a visualization of the books .It is also an interpretation of the literary books which each reader will also have . It's tricky to go from one medium to another . The series is quite adequate and i enjoy watching it but for me it pales in comparison to the books (perhaps a reason to give up reading ?)
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 2014-08-28, 05:01 PM

Adieu adieu . Longmire cancelled .A&E likes to cancel shows that end on a cliffhanger i guess . First The Glades now Longmire .
http://tvline.com/2014/08/28/longmir...4/#more-543729
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 2014-08-28, 05:26 PM

I've seen worse shows going on and on and on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in