Homeland - Showtime Series - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-08, 08:15 AM
PFD

I'm enjoying it. I still think it's quite tense and enjoyable, despite some obvious plot holes. I don't think the show's come anywhere near to jumping the shark. Is it as good as S.1? Nah, probably not. Is it still the best damn thing on TV...well, second to the Walking Dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-08, 02:46 PM
Veteran

I'm finding a few too many plot inconsistencies and unbelievable leaps of logic as well. However, it's still one of my favourite shows on television. It's much better than the shows on network TV. Is it just me or has there been an overall drop in writing quality for TV shows in the last two or three years?
post #78 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-15, 02:04 PM

Bravo will show HOMELAND Season 1 beginning Wednesday, March 6 at 10 p.m. ET.

post #79 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-15, 03:51 PM

I enjoyed the Carrie/Roya interrogation scene... it accurately and dramatically displayed the innermost feelings of the two, with a twist.
post #80 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-16, 08:47 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbamber View Post
I enjoyed the Carrie/Roya interrogation scene... it accurately and dramatically displayed the innermost feelings of the two, with a twist.
I had trouble buying that a CIA interrogator would respond to a question from the suspect. When Roya asked Carrie if she's ever done stupid things for someone else...a typical response would have been "we're talking about you now". But hey, Carrie is out of control, and the whole CIA office is out of control and she was unstable but got in to do the interrogation anyway.
post #81 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-16, 09:00 AM
PFD

I imagine it depends on the interview. If the interrogator believes he/she may get something out of answering the captive's question, what's the harm. Sometimes the interrogator wants to develop a sense of trust/friendship/kinship with the captive. Good cop/bad cop routine.
post #82 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-18, 09:54 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
I imagine it depends on the interview. If the interrogator believes he/she may get something out of answering the captive's question, what's the harm. Sometimes the interrogator wants to develop a sense of trust/friendship/kinship with the captive. Good cop/bad cop routine.
Perhaps, but Carrie was clearly out of control.

Anyway, all said, I enjoyed the finale. I'm not sure where things are headed. Some things are up in the air, like whether Brody or his family will be part of S3. But one thing that was clarified is that Brody did not set off that bomb. But people on the internet are looking at someone else with a Spockian eyebrow......Saul.
post #83 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-19, 08:51 AM
Veteran

Great show.... Although would there not be survalance showing someone parking Brodies truck? Or do we assume it's all destroyed...

Can anyone translate what Saul was saying or praying while looking over the bodies?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #84 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-19, 09:27 AM
Veteran

I enjoyed the final episode, but the shows leading up to it were a bit flat, IMO. Although I do see why the writers/producers may have intentionally started to wind down the pace and action down, only so they could stir the pot back up and create maximum shock at the end.

I can see Brody playing a Jack Bauer role in the next season: implicated for something he didn't do, on the run from federal authorities while hunting down the terrorists!

Last edited by Tezster; 2012-12-19 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo
post #85 of 152 (permalink) Old 2012-12-19, 10:02 AM
PFD

I can't translate what Saul was praying, but it was the Hebrew prayer for the dead. Kaddish.
post #86 of 152 (permalink) Old 2013-02-24, 11:43 AM

Hi everybody I just wanted to bump this up because Homeland is starting on Bravo soon March 6. Also I see that they're putting in a 1hr15min slot which means they arent cutting it they're just putting in commercials, like SPACE does with Dr. Who and Ripper Street.

if you haven't seen Homeland you really should!!
post #87 of 152 (permalink) Old 2013-02-24, 12:31 PM

Just to clarify on Bravo for March 6th is the past seasons not season 3 which starts Sept 29 on Super Channel

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #88 of 152 (permalink) Old 2013-02-24, 12:45 PM

Only season 1 on Bravo probably they won't be allowed to show season 2 until next year.
post #89 of 152 (permalink) Old 2013-03-02, 08:43 PM

Season 2 a big disappointment

The first season set the bar very high. It was my favourite series of the year. Season 2 was a big letdown in quality of the writing. I hope they don't continue on this dumbed down, annoying path that they took.

I will give Season 3 a chance and hope they have gotten their act together. The constant hysterical emotional breakdowns of several of the characters became so grating it was sometimes annoying to watch. Carrie throwing herself into stupid situations just to keep the plot moving got very old as well.

I wont even go into how moronic the warehouse bit with Abu Nazir was. FBI tactical teams sweeping the premises couldn't find him hiding behind some HVAC ?
post #90 of 152 (permalink) Old 2013-03-03, 10:09 AM

Season 1 on Bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayguy View Post
Hi everybody I just wanted to bump this up because Homeland is starting on Bravo soon March 6. Also I see that they're putting in a 1hr15min slot which means they arent cutting it they're just putting in commercials, like SPACE does with Dr. Who and Ripper Street.
I was setting my PVR and noticed that it repeats in the wee hours of Monday morning for the full 1hr15min, however there is also a repeat the following Sunday afternoon that is only an hour. I'm not sure that the Sunday schedule is accurate, but just a heads-up for anyone planning on watching on Sundays.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in