"Sherlock" in Canada? (No Spoilers Please Until After The Episode Airs On PBS) - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-01-28, 09:22 AM
Rookie

Season 2 of Sherlock starts Feb 2nd on BBC Canada at 2pm EDT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-01-31, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Yes thats the one this Thursday I guess I didn't mention the exact stuff in my othr posting becuz I was too upset about it not being on Showcase! Still no sign of it their but people here seem sure it will show up sooner or later.

Please, please people who want to talk about the episodes please start a new thread! This thread was just about the schedule please dont put spoilers in it.

Thank you!
post #63 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-01-31, 12:47 PM

PBS's Masterpiece is scheduled to air the second season in May for those of you who do not have BBC Canada or other option to watch.

post #64 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-01-31, 02:53 PM
Veteran

Make sure no one interrupts you during the broadcasts. These shows have a TON of little details in them.
post #65 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-01-31, 03:47 PM
Veteran

Really a fantastic series with episode 2 being the weakest of the 3 (IMO but still quite good).

The finale... wow. Can't wait to see how season 3 will start!!!
post #66 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-01, 09:04 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Caron View Post
Make sure no one interrupts you during the broadcasts. These shows have a TON of little details in them.
Agreed - these will be excellent for watching a second time!

As to the ending of season two - I would remind people that Doyle did the same with the original Sherlock Holmes books, and was able to overcome this later (due to popular demand, in his case). Sorry for the wording, I am trying to avoid any spoilers.

If you look back at Doyle's novels and short stories, his first way of dealing with it would not work in the Sherlock series. Given the way the ending was staged, it will be interesting to see the creative effort that will be expanded.....
post #67 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-01, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Haha refielder I think I know what you mean! Probly the only waterfalls in London are in fountins outside office bldgs. :-) We've heard the name of the last ep and are eager to see how they do it in this series! Also how much theyll leave it hanging.
post #68 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-01, 02:44 PM
Veteran

Bayguy - are you aware of what happens in the original novel of the same name?

Let's just say that it is good to know that the series is returning......
post #69 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-01, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Rfielder I haven't read the book but Ive seen the TV show (Brett) of that episode thats why I mentioend waterfalls. :-) yes I've also seen the next episode which I know was years later in the books after like you said everybody complained to Doyle. So I know kind of what will happen in the last ep of the season of this series altho I don't know exactly what theyll do and how much they'll tell the audience. Maybe we won't know any more than the other people in the show and well all be in the dark until season 3!
post #70 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-02, 12:16 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayguy View Post
Rfielder I haven't read the book but Ive seen the TV show (Brett) of that episode thats why I mentioend waterfalls. :-) yes I've also seen the next episode which I know was years later in the books after like you said everybody complained to Doyle.
Actually, I believe that the stories written following the Falls story were set in an earlier time. Doyle didn't bring him back for a while.

Given the ending, I am sure the publicity machine will work it very hard!
post #71 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-17, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Hi it looks like BBC Canada is going to show the eps again, we see "Scandal in Belgraivia" again in the listings. Well mayb e it will still come to Showcase. We got DVDs from a friend in the UK so we saw the new eps and loved them but the close captions didn't come thru and there're a few places we'd like them so were still hoping for Showcase or we'll wait for PBS.

if you get BBCC and haven't watched the show yet you really should!!
post #72 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-17, 04:58 AM

Thumbs up BBC= Bring Back Cumberbatch

I gave up on Showcase for both Sherlock and Luther, so I just watched some of the Season 2 episodes on BBC Canada. I hate the commercials (PBS doesn't have them), but at least BBC Canada has the cool-looking 4-colour (yellow, white, turquoise and green) CC text -- a colour for each speaker, often thrown together on the same screen for rapid fire conversation (though the CC were a touch too slow at times). PBS just had the standard white CC, but at least no commercials.

I still have to watch Sherlock's first episode of Season 2 (which as mentioned above, will be repeated soon), but I did see the last two episodes of Season 2 and enjoyed them (though there were parts of the last episode that were too obvious and I'm not a fan of the actor who plays Moriarty, nor the nosy lady detective that always doubts Sherlock's deductive prowess in every episode).
post #73 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-17, 08:49 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
I'm not a fan of the actor who plays Moriarty, nor the nosy lady detective that always doubts Sherlock's deductive prowess in every episode).
I think the actor who play Moriarty fits the stereotype in the UK moreso than in North America.

The female detective was a strong character at the start of Series 1, but she was either missing or toned down for a few episodes. I was surprised to hear from her again, but given the plot of the last episode, it kind of fits in. Given her relative absense, I was hoping that the producers had listened to the public and let go of the character.....
post #74 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-18, 10:56 PM

I hear CBS is doing a version of this with Johnny Lee Miller as Holmes in modern New York or some such. Sounds awful.
post #75 of 133 (permalink) Old 2012-02-19, 01:39 PM
Veteran

It'll probably be filmed in Montreal or Toronto to save money.

Then again, I believe the BBC's version is filmed mostly in Wales.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in