The Walking Dead (Season 2) - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 04:56 PM

No he was Beth's boyfriend who she was dating for 3 months. Beth is the one who fainted and then tried to kill herself. She is still alive.

----

Looks like it broke ratings records last night. A 4.7 18-49 rating, which is incredible. It's a series high, and I THINK it's a high for any drama this season, broadcast or cable.

They deserve to have a bigger budget next season, with those ratings. Anything less is just people being greedy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 05:56 PM
PFD

Nah. AMC execs will think: "Last year we cut the budget and our ratings have soared. If we cut them some more, maybe our ratings will be even higher!"
post #123 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-21, 11:25 PM

I am not familiar with the books so if everyone has the virus why did the 2 rowdies that Rick shot in the town bar a few episodes back didn't turn into zombies right away?

post #124 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-22, 12:48 AM

You only come back if there is no head trauma. The 2 rowdies in the bar were shot in the head and therefore couldn't be zombiefied.

SONY XBR65X900F | MARANTZ NR-1605 | SONY PS4 | OPTIK 4K | www.torontotoffees.com
post #125 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-22, 10:00 AM

^Rick was sure to make sure those 2 guys had headshot wounds. I think that was foreshadowing on the writers' part.
post #126 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-22, 11:29 AM

Ah I missed that, thank you. So obviously Rick already knew as jeffaustin90 says.
post #127 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-22, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooloose View Post
It's ridiculous watching characters appear every week with no speaking parts, especially t-dog who used to be a main character. You know it's just to save money.

Was Jimmy Hershel's son?

-Mike
I think these characters are there to serve the same purpose as assorted yeomen did in the original Star Trek series. They're there to be expendable.
post #128 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-23, 09:37 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec seven View Post
I think these characters are there to serve the same purpose as assorted yeomen did in the original Star Trek series. They're there to be expendable.
What - zombie blood taking the place of the red shirts?
post #129 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-23, 12:42 PM

Being a usual non-fan of this genre, I have really enjoyed the two series and I like the suspense and character studies. The gore is manageable for me but I have to say if it increases much more next season I might have to reevaluate the show. I hope they keep it at about the current level as it seems the show is drawing in people who do not know the books but if it gets too gory and gross it might only appeal to the hardcore fans.
post #130 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-25, 02:21 PM

Has Rick turned into Shane? Sure sounded scary.
post #131 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-25, 07:45 PM
Veteran

My quick points...

Still enjoying the show. But the writers have a way of dragging out the season in a boring way, but then giving you a bunch of excitement at the end to make you want to watch another season. I didn't feel much tension with them on the farm. The back and forth with Shayne was more soap operish than anything else.

Regarding the zombies, I was wondering for a while why splattered blood didn't do anything to anyone, so I checked Wikipedia during the season and I read about how anyone who dies becomes a zombie. Funny, I read it and just assumed it was something I missed from the first season. I didn't know it was something the characters still had to find out.

My worry now is that because of the comic books, so much will already be known about where this show is going. I prefer to feel like no one knows where a show is going.
post #132 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-25, 08:39 PM

Don't worry about the books and knowing where the show is going....the show is now very very loosely based on the books; which is annoying for fans of the books!

SONY XBR65X900F | MARANTZ NR-1605 | SONY PS4 | OPTIK 4K | www.torontotoffees.com
post #133 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-26, 10:17 AM

Notwithstanding what posters note above about the show and books being somewhat different we are about 20% of the way through the available comic series. I think we are at about issue 20 of 95 or so. This could be part of the reason why the show is at the pace that it is (ie - not wanting to catch-up too soon).
post #134 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-26, 08:07 PM
Veteran

I didn't even know I was looking at a prison at the end. But then I read that it was, "just like the comics". And I wasn't sure what to think about that female character that seems to be like a superhero. Is this the direction they should go, etc.... But then I read that it was a character from the comics. One of the beauties of Lost was how no one ever knew where the story was going.

Anyway, I don't want to complain too much. I just do prefer if they move away from the comics. It's a zombie show. On tv. That's some pretty good material to work with.
post #135 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-29, 03:50 PM

Don't know anything about the story as in the comics etc... but I can tell you I almost fell out of my chair when the girl with the pet zombies showed up and that’s the way I like it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in