The Walking Dead (Season 2) - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-14, 02:10 PM

The walking dead refer to the families trying to survive. The walkers or zombies are not the walking dead.

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-15, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
Somebody needs to seriously tie Carl down and stop him from sneaking out like that!

I couldn't help, but laugh seeing Rick and Shayne starting on their trek to find the prisoner. Starting when it was daylight, walking for what seemed like miles, it's the dead of the night... Then Carl shows up and you see the house in the distance. They were just across the field!!
It seemed to me they were in but came back out because it was too dark to continue.
post #108 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-15, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momorider View Post
It seemed to me they were in but came back out because it was too dark to continue.
I don't think so. They never said they stopped looking. Plus Shayne purposely planned this to get Rick alone to do his dirty deed (well away from the other two). It's just silly that it ended up in plain sight of the house under the moonlight.

post #109 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-16, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talljak View Post
The walking dead refer to the families trying to survive. The walkers or zombies are not the walking dead.
what's the source for that conclusion?
post #110 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-16, 02:40 PM

Quote:
The Walking Dead title refers to the people who are trying to survive. The fact they could be next at any moment.

Spoiler details:

At the end of season one when everyone is at the CDC the doctor Edwin Jenner whispers to Rick that the virus is airborne and once you die you become a walker "zombie" even if you were not bitten. You do not know that as an audience what was whispered at that point, but clues of that were shown in the past episode of the 2 cops dead with no bite marks as well as Randal who's neck was broken by Shane but with no bite marks also turned into a walker. And of course finally as Shane died and came back as a walker. Everyone has the virus in them. Hence the walking dead aka dead man walking. The people who are not walkers yet are the walking dead. The "zombies" or walkers are not the "walking dead". More of this will be talked about on Sundays episode.

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #111 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-16, 02:54 PM
PFD

I think the title is open to interpretation. I doubt there's a certain answer. It's a very good title. On the one hand Walking Dead describes at face value the zombies.
On the other hand, the survivors are walking dead in the sense that they have no hope and no future. For all intents and purposes they are dead.
post #112 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-16, 03:24 PM
rlb

The Producers/Directors of the show have also mentioned that the term "The Walking Dead" refers to the survivors. Many of them have been on the follow-up show "The Talking Dead" and they've talked about it.
post #113 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-16, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stern_howie View Post
The source would be the Comic Book series that this show is based on.
Spoiler for those who haven't read the comics:

At one point in the comic book series Rick say: “You think we hide behind walls to protect us from the walking dead! Don’t you get it? We are the walking dead!”

Check out http://www.sidekickcast.com/?p=5162 for more on this but be warned there may or may not be spoilers for upcoming seasons of the TV series, depending on what they decide to adapt from the comic books.
post #114 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 12:59 AM

Wow. Now THAT is how you end a season! It was like Zombie-Palooza. So many great moments:

-The mysterious helicopter.
-Hershel being badass and defending his farm. I seriously thought they were going to have him killed off, but I guess they're saving that for season 3, probably to show how dangerous the prison is going to be.
-The barn burning and falling down.
-The mysterious woman with the sword who saved Andrea.
-Rick telling everyone what Dr. Jenner said at the end of season 1, and confirming what we had all already assumed: everyone is already infected.
-Rick finally being the man.
-The prison.

Also, I find it funny that T-Dawg spends an entire season doing nothing, and the one time he actually has a scene, he says the completely wrong thing (wanting to go east instead of going back to the highway). Idiot.

I'm surprised Carol didn't die. She's useless.

I'm not surprised they killed off most of Hershel's children. The only one that adds much to the show is Maggie, the rest are just cannon fodder. What was the name of the one blonde who survived? Was she the one who wanted to kill herself? I hope so. She was the only other one of Hershel's kids who actually had a story this season.

Overall it was a great season, and a HUGE step up after the midseason break. They said on The Talking Dead that for next season we can expect the same quality as the previous 3 episodes, so that just builds the anticipation even more.
post #115 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 01:19 AM
Veteran

I thought the finale was the best episode they've did yet. Finally they have moved on from the farm. Kind of reminded me of season 3 of Lost in a way. Most of the season was so-so, but the finale was spectacular.
post #116 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 08:38 AM

I agree it was a great ending but think they are now missing any deep characters having killed Shayne off, the chic with the pet zombie’s looks to be an interesting addition but I don’t know the comics, going to be a long wait till next season.
post #117 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrinch View Post
I know this show perhaps hasn't been as good as last year, but still very much looking forward to seeing where this will go next. I'm hoping they will now move the plot along beyond Hershel's farmhouse and kinda of felt like the plot was jailed-in a bit for season 2a.
Love the irony of the "jailed-in" reference in my earlier comment! I think next season's setting in a prison will really contribute to the storyline.

Last night's episode was great. I know folks felt season 2 was a slow build, but I think the fact that they took the time to build to the finale was a large reason for the success.
post #118 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momorider View Post
I agree it was a great ending but think they are now missing any deep characters having killed Shayne off, the chic with the pet zombie’s looks to be an interesting addition but I don’t know the comics, going to be a long wait till next season.
Shane died a long time ago in the books; he never made it to the farm.

SONY XBR65X900F | MARANTZ NR-1605 | SONY PS4 | OPTIK 4K | www.torontotoffees.com
post #119 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I hope they up the budget for Season 3 instead of slashing it like they did for Season 2.
post #120 of 148 (permalink) Old 2012-03-19, 03:57 PM
Veteran

It's ridiculous watching characters appear every week with no speaking parts, especially t-dog who used to be a main character. You know it's just to save money.

Was Jimmy Hershel's son?

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in