Isn't that an easy excuse for mediocrity? Why can't we expect and hope for more?
Agreed, I can live with a fictional universe where Zombies live and eat people but, to be great, it shoud have an established continuity and internal logic that is adhered to throughout the story. I don't believe Superman is real but I can still enjoy the show provided I know that Kryptonite will always bring him down!
I have a love hate with TWD. Love the whole idea but hate the facts that:
1. The zombies seem to be moving a lot faster in season #2. In the initial episodes, a brisk walk would keep you ahead of the them. Now you have to be an Olympic runner to outrace them or they will drag you down from behind.
2. They don't seem to any sense of smell anymore. In season #1, our heroes had to cover themselves in dead zombie parts in order to get by the zombies undetected. Now you can just hide under a car and they walk right by.
3. In season one, which took place months after the original infection, it took 18 hours or so to become a zombie after you died. Heck, the CDC documented the whole process. Now its a few minutes! If we have always been infected then why the change now?
4. If the human race is dwindling, where is the food coming from to keep the zombies alive? Shouldn' all the zombies in the inner city and small towns be gone by now?
5. And don't get me started on the miraculous headshots!