Big Brother Returns July 7! - Season 13 - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 06:57 AM
Digital Sage

I had mixed feelings about Big Jeff (BJ). I respected the fact that the was a leader that people turned to and he put thought into his picks.

Logic over emotion.

I can only imagine the amount of crying that's been going on over the last few hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 07:10 AM
Veteran

Why did the audio keep cutting out during tonight's episode? I don't think the players liked the HOH and POV all in 30 minutes--they all looked very unhappy during the whole process.
post #123 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 07:54 AM
Digital Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
they all looked very unhappy during the whole process.
That's why. The sensors worked overtime.

post #124 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 09:38 AM
PFD

Yeah...look at who's left in the house. Not one good player...unless.....

....Shelli. She's probably heading for the big prize now. She's got friends in the jury. Even Jeff, I think, would vote for her over Kalia or Porsche. Much as I don't like her, she played the "floater" role the best, floating around to the people in power and switching when necessary. It's a valid game strategy. See how quickly she was to put her arm around Kalia right after she won HoH.

Poor Adam. He looked out of his element when he had to vote yesterday without consulting anybody.
post #125 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 10:21 AM

Adam...if he wins the money..that is the weirdest strategy ever. Jeff should have not blown up on Shelly the morning of the eviction. Totally backfired and he was thrown off by the double eviction. Even a physical veto he was unable to win.

Jeff should not have backdoored Dani in retrospect. The newbies are now solid in numbers and will pick off Rachael and Jordan easily.

Adam being the last guy in the house doesn't have much hope, his lack of game is baffling considering he's such a huge fan of BB.

Man...Dani was looking smoking...she looked just as good leaving
post #126 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 10:33 AM

Anyone else notice that Jeff's second yellow shoe in the Veto comp had been thrown out of the ball "pool" and was just lying between his pool and the house, something that couldn't happen to the other competitors.
post #127 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 10:39 AM
Digital Sage

Never noticed his shoe outside of the "pool". Did he toss it out without knowing?

Time to consult the PVR.

I'm rooting for Shelly. Nice to have an adult in the house. Let's hope Rachel and Jordan are on the black with Adam as a replacement if one is needed.

When is the next HOH? I assume Kalia (sp?) gets another short changed HOH. Last time she had to deal with somebody coming back and now she's HOH for a commercial break.
post #128 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 10:48 AM

^Yep he cleared that pool out pretty quick and I guess one of the shoes went with it, was hoping he would see it on the way back after dropping off the first shoe but it was too far up. The next HOH comp was done last night after they went off the air
post #129 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 01:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99 View Post
When is the next HOH? I assume Kalia (sp?) gets another short changed HOH. Last time she had to deal with somebody coming back and now she's HOH for a commercial break.
At least she didn't have time to screw up this time.
post #130 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 04:46 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpaidJr View Post

Jeff should not have backdoored Dani in retrospect. The newbies are now solid in numbers and will pick off Rachael and Jordan easily.

Man...Dani was looking smoking...she looked just as good leaving
Jeff backdoored Dani for revenge reasons--she tried to backdoor him. BUT he didn't follow his own feelings about getting rid of the floaters and having the best players compete at the end for the $500 000.

I don't get why Rachel didn't keep Dani--she made a mistake as well. Jordan and Rachel have to win all the remaining HOH's to remain in the game.
post #131 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 06:29 PM
Digital Sage

Watched the replay. At the 40 minute mark, just before Shelly found her first shoe there`s a wide angle shot where you saw the fly out of the area.

The strange thing is, when he had the other one, he looked over the side in the direction of the other shoe, strange that he didn`t notice it.

If he didn`t have an end unit it would have flown into somebody elses area. Not sure what the rules would have been if that happened.
post #132 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 06:39 PM
PFD

Mind...booting out floaters and keeping the good players at the end, is not especially good strategy. Might make for better TV; but is crap strategy. If I was Jeff, getting rid of Danielle makes perfect sense; as does Kalia's gunning for him. If I was playing, going into the final three with, say, Porsche and Adam is ideal. Which is the flaw, as I've argued in the Survivor threads time and time again, with games like this.
If anybody watched The Weakest Link, you saw this happen a lot. Contestants started to vote out, not the weakest, but the strongest link.

Of course knowing all this, contestants need to change their strategy. Which is why, I think Shelly is in a good position now. It's obvious she never tried to win anything at all, thus removing any targets from her back; and now is in good shape. If she makes the final three, say, with Kalia and Porsche, she will undoubtedly win.
post #133 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 08:01 PM
Veteran

Really? I don't even think she'd make final 2 because she'd actually have to win an HOH first. I think that almost everyone would vote for people who actually won competitions, like Porsche and Kalia, before they voted for Shelly.
post #134 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 02:22 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
Mind...booting out floaters and keeping the good players at the end, is not especially good strategy. Might make for better TV; but is crap strategy. If I was Jeff, getting rid of Danielle makes perfect sense; as does Kalia's gunning for him. If I was playing, going into the final three with, say, Porsche and Adam is ideal. Which is the flaw, as I've argued in the Survivor threads time and time again, with games like this.
If anybody watched The Weakest Link, you saw this happen a lot. Contestants started to vote out, not the weakest, but the strongest link.

Of course knowing all this, contestants need to change their strategy. Which is why, I think Shelly is in a good position now. It's obvious she never tried to win anything at all, thus removing any targets from her back; and now is in good shape. If she makes the final three, say, with Kalia and Porsche, she will undoubtedly win.
I hate it when the strongest players get voted off first and then the floaters end up winning, like Sandra in Survivor. My comment referred to Jeff's comments in the diary room--he made it sound like he wanted to get rid of the floaters. He did need to get rid of Dani eventually, but maybe he did it too soon. He could have gotten rid of Kalia and hoped that the deal with Dani would hold true. Now it is only a matter of time before all the veterans are in the jury.

I believe Shelly will win--she knows how to manipulate people.
post #135 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-08-28, 01:09 PM
Veteran

As near as I can tell, the only difference between a "player" and a "floater" is that "players" strut around yelling about how one IS a player, and how they are such live and die competitors, they can lie or bully the most, or they have extra votes backing them so they don't have to behave like humans. Is there really a distinction between pro and amateur status on an activity like searching for foam boots in a ball pit? Apparently being civilized makes one a floater.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in