Big Brother Returns July 7! - Season 13 - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-13, 08:01 PM
PFD

I'm also not so sure that she cheats financially.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 12:43 AM
Digital Sage

Like other seasons, people still don't know how to vote.
post #33 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 01:05 AM
AFF

The producers "encourage" them to vote a certain way.

post #34 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 04:02 AM
Veteran

I know that on Big Brother After Dark last night Shelly spent a good 30-45 minutes trying to convince Keith to fight to stay by promising anyone anything. He refused and she said she was really fed up with him and then told Cassi that she didn't know if he deserved her vote. I think that had as much to do with her decision as anything.

As for the other one who voted that way, I have no clue what she was thinking.
post #35 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 05:28 PM
Rookie

haha these noobs are worthless. apparently none of them have ever seen big brother. rachel is a terrific competitor but a terrible player. at least she'll be the first vet to go. i like jeff but jordan is pretty worthless. it bugs me she's so popular. yeah, i get it she's nice, but this is big brother.

i guess i'm cheering for dani, even though all she did was complain during bb8.
post #36 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 06:26 PM
Veteran

I'm cheering for Daniele too. I stuck with her and Dick all the way through season 8.

Without the returning houseguests, the show would be terrible this season. None of the new guys have any personality and they are all terrible at competitions. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if HOH keeps going between Jeff, Jordan, Rachael and Brendon until the top 10. Then the house will be split 50/50 and the new guys won't have much of a chance.
post #37 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 06:51 PM
PFD

The vets got lucky that they managed to swing two people on their side, although I think it was more of an anti-Keith vote than a pro-veteran vote.
I think Branchel screwed up after the Veto. They in fact should have used the veto and put up any other couple, say Domnick and Metal Head. That was the only way they could guarantee five votes in their favour (by having Porsche vote) and guarantee an "enemy" out of the game.
It worked out well for them in the end, but I think they lucked out.
post #38 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Keith was done the moment he arrived... bad game plan, bad interaction with the players and his super paranoia made him make bad decisions... see ya.

I can't believe they both threw the veto comp... unbelievable...

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #39 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 09:19 PM
Digital Sage

I agree that the new cast is boring but that's no excuse for recycling old cast members all of which have some level of diluted self importance.

I also don't understand why the cheating 'hubby' was allowed to play in HOH when his team had all the benefits of being HOH last week.
post #40 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 10:43 PM

Regarding the cast, we're a week into the game. I don't know about others, but my wife and I spend the first few weeks every year, complaining about how crappy this years cast is only to get sucked in and involved no matter how bad they all seem at the start.

Personally, I think it sucks bringing back so many cast members. If you want to do an all stars then do it. But I think it sucks for this years cast to first have the disadvantage of playing against previous players who are experienced, already have personal relationships, and then get saddled having to play with partners they basically had to choose moments into the game.

You can take this whole "expect the unexpected" thing too far. The best years have been when alliances and relationships develop on their own, not this forced pairings and clique's right out of the box.

Aquos LC42D64U Yamaha HTR6080 Emotiva XPA-5 Polk CSiA6 RTiA7's RTiA1's Velodyne DLS4000R Mot. 6416 III PS3 Harmony One
post #41 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-15, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Yeah, you always need to give it a few weeks before it sticks...

Sharp AQUOS Quattron LC-70LE732U + Cisco 9865HD | Panasonic TC-P42U1 1080p + Cisco 4642HD | BlackBerry Z10 / PlayBook
post #42 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-16, 11:19 AM
PFD

I agree that the returning couples have some advantage, but I think they also have huge targets painted on them. Once this first silly round with golden keys is over, if the remaining houseguests have any sense, breaking up Branchel and Jeff/Jordan should be order number one.

In fact, I would target the men in both those couples. Rachel and Jordan would be devasted without them. Especially Rachel. And that's assuming that Rachel/Brandons relationship is strong enough to even survive the next few weeks.
post #43 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-16, 05:01 PM
Veteran

Rachael would be emotionally devastated and Jordan sucks at competitions, so she wouldn't have much chance either. If any of them are smart they'd try to take Jordan to the final 2 once Jeff is gone. Not many people are going to vote for her to win it again.
post #44 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-17, 10:13 PM
Digital Sage

After tonight`s episode my days of watching are numbered. Bad casting.
post #45 of 182 (permalink) Old 2011-07-21, 04:41 AM
Veteran

I killed myself laughing last night when Jordan said about the veto competition: "Oh, I'm going to be good at this--I walk and chew gum all the time."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in