In HD - Survivor: Redemption Island - Premieres Feb. 16, 2011 - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: Who will win Survivor: Redemption Island?
Andrea 0 0%
Ashley 0 0%
Grant 0 0%
Matt 0 0%
Mike 0 0%
Natalie 1 5.56%
Phillip 5 27.78%
Rob 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-03-31, 10:01 AM
PFD

^^^^

True; but I don't think they're in too bad a shape with the merge coming up. They're down by one, but can likely get Philip on their side. It also will make a huge difference who wins the final redemption challenge.

Will Matt go back to Rob's team or switch sides. What about the girl, whatever her name is? If she wins, will she still go back to her old tribe? I think Matt is more likely to switch than she; which means that Russel's old tribe could be up by two people at the start of the merge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-03-31, 10:13 AM
Digital Sage

I would love to see Rob going home(with Idol in pocket) with Secret Agent Man being his downfall.
post #48 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-03-31, 12:08 PM
Veteran

Not sure why they are merging so early...usually they wait until the magic number 8 or 9 at the earliest.

As far as Rob goes...he's done like dinner.

post #49 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-03-31, 12:43 PM

Why all the Rob hate?
post #50 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-03-31, 02:32 PM

Exactly! I really like Boston Rob's insight as to what is going on with the other members of his tribe. I thinks his wry comments are quite funny at times. I'd like to see someone else win however, due to his wife "Amba" (Amber) winning in a previous "Survivor".
post #51 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-01, 08:55 AM
Veteran

I don't hate him at all...I actually like the guy.

I was just stating what I see as a fact.

The other tribe turfed Russell immediately and if the merge wasn't happening now it really would have cost them dearly...but they haven't learned anything.

So I figured they will turf Rob right away too...especially if Phillip makes his move.
post #52 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-01, 09:27 AM
PFD

But Rob's got immunity idol.

His big play would be to use it and take Phil out.
post #53 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-01, 09:36 AM
Veteran

Oh he may survive one or two more weeks...but then for sure he's done.

Don't forget he was the one who sent what's his name to Redemption Island...who comes back if he wins the next battle...so his tribe will be down two people if Phillip flips.
post #54 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-01, 10:09 AM
Digital Sage

Folks on both teams are flippable. If Matt wins, who knows what team he will align with.
post #55 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-01, 11:53 AM

I think Rob is in trouble this week, whoever comes out of RI is not going to be a Rob ally.
Phillip "pink drawers" Sargent will flip the first time somebody from the other tribe offers him some kind of alliance.

Rob may have to play his idol to stay in the game and even that will get him in trouble since he has not told anybody on his tribe that he has the idol.

Last edited by carlost2; 2011-04-01 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
post #56 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-01, 10:05 PM

I wonder if Rob throwing the clue into the volcano without reading it might be a mistake? Yes, I know he said he didn't need it since he had already had found the idol.
post #57 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-02, 08:51 AM
Veteran

I thought the same thing...how does he know that there aren't two idols?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time we see overconfidence slay the dragon. (the editors love showing that kinda stuff)
post #58 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-07, 08:45 AM
Veteran

Spoiler Alert

Wow...if Matt and Russell ever joined forces...they'd walk over everyone and still lose.

Matt can win or at least seriously compete in all the challenges...and Russell has the correct strategic part of the game aced...but neither plays the social game well.

Who goes and sits beside the Dragon and explains that he came up with a plan to blindside him...and then tells him he's changed his mind...all the while laughing like it's a big joke...moron!

Say what you want...but Rob is a genious at playing this game...he got the hidden idol exposed...all the while eliminating the swing vote...so now there is no distraction for his tribe...brilliant.

Now...if he can keep Phillip on a leash until they eliminate one more from the other tribe...he'll be safe for a few weeks...but ultimately he has the death target on his back.
post #59 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-07, 08:53 AM
Digital Sage

Stupid move by Rob. You had a bible thumper pledging his loyalty. He would fell life long guilt if he changed sides and you kick him out?

Now you have his "girlfriend" (who Matt exposed and must feel next on the pecking order) being ticked and if she has any brains will avenge Matt by switching sides.

You also run the risk of Matt coming back into the game.

That being said Matt should have switched sides liked he considered by his beliefs betrayed him. Now he knows what GOD wanted him to do.
post #60 of 130 (permalink) Old 2011-04-07, 10:45 AM
Veteran

I have to disagree James...as Matt's girlfriend voted Matt out too because she was thrown under the bus by Matt.

And really...if Rob makes it to the finale...then he'll have to deal with Matt...unless they meet on RI...which would make for great TV.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in