In HD: Lost Season 6 Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-01-31, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

In HD: Lost Season 6 Discussion

Well with the final season of lost just about to start up I figured a new thread would be appropriate. It seems hard to believe that it's already been five seasons but a couple of those seasons have been slightly forgettable.

There's going to be more to talk about after the first episode but I hope that this season does a fairly good job of wrapping things up nicely while tying up loose ends. I want to know why Richard Alpert doesn't age, how Locke is now controlled by the guy who wanted to kill Jacob, and why Jack sees his father everywhere. A whole list of unanswered things can be found here: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Unanswered_questions . Should be good to watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 09:22 AM
Veteran

I thought Alpert basically answered the question about how he doesn't age when he told Locke that Jacob gave him that ability.

And I've always thought that when people see people who are dead, its just the smoke monster, thats just my opinion though.

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a single episode as I am for LA X.
post #3 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 09:58 AM
Veteran

I watched last Season's finale, and that one hour special they did to recap the entire series (again). It always feels so long between seasons of Lost. I look forward to the final season though!

I guess the implication is that John is actually dead, and he is now that "Guy in Black" that we only saw very briefly (Jacob's nemesis). Should be interesting.

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X

post #4 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 10:11 AM
Veteran

Quote:
And I've always thought that when people see people who are dead, its just the smoke monster, thats just my opinion though.
Quote:
I guess the implication is that John is actually dead, and he is now that "Guy in Black" that we only saw very briefly (Jacob's nemesis).
Yeah, I agree. It was pretty obvious that Jacob was talking to his nemesis when Locke got Ben to kill him - i.e. his reference to the loophole. After all the woman showed Richard Alpert Locke's dead body in the coffin after R.A had just lead Locke to Jacob.

I have suspected over the summer that every time we see a dead person brought back to life, it is just Jacob's nemesis doing some sort of shape shifting. Perhaps one of Jacob's nemesis forms is the smoke monster?
post #5 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 10:57 AM

That's my theory as well, the man in black is jacob's nemisis. But he is also Jack's dad, Kate's horse, smokey, etc. Interesting to see what happens after the bomb went off, do they go back to being on flight 815?
post #6 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 01:13 PM
Veteran

The first hour of the 2-hour season premier was apparently shown on the beach in Hawaii 2 days ago. There are apparently several videos of it available in all the usual places (people with digicams). I can wait to see the show, but I did read some spoilers (on the TiVo Community Forum). I won't bother posting them here, but if you are interested, just google "tcf lost anticipation".
post #7 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 01:30 PM

The initial beachside discussion about the Black Rock between Jacob and the man-in-black was very telling as to their motives. I won't elaborate here since I imagine it will be laid out better this season.
post #8 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 03:12 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
I won't bother posting them here, but if you are interested, just google "tcf lost anticipation".
Its worth pointing out that this thread comes up first when you google that, the TIVO one is the second one.
post #9 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-06, 11:37 AM
Veteran

That's pretty funny

So, any thoughts on the episode? I'm thinking by now everyone has watched it.

I can't really put my finger on it, but I was not overwhelmed by it. I'm glad it's back and I'm looking forward to the next episode, and I'm still planning on getting the series on blu ray when it's all said and done, but this one was not as good IMO) as the last few episodes of S5.
post #10 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-06, 05:12 PM
PFD

I liked it. Of course it's never what you expect.

I like that this season instead of Flashbacks, or Flashforwards, we're gonna see Flashsideways.
post #11 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-06, 07:45 PM
Veteran

Although many are calling it a "flash sideways" - it really is a flash back since the events on flight 815 are taking place in the past as compared with the events currently happening on the island.

I love how this show comes up with new puzzles/questions piled on top of an already massive pile of questions. What did Rose really mean by "you can let go now Jack". Why did the Stewardess only give Jack one bottle instead of two originally? Did Juliette really set off the bomb or was it just a flash coinciding with a jump through time?

Did you also notice that the woman at the temple, the one who identified Jack and the others as passengers on flight 815, was the Stewardess who gave Jack the bottle?

I just love this show.
post #12 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-06, 07:50 PM
Veteran

We've seen the stewardess earlier as one of the Others.
post #13 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-07, 12:22 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I love how this show comes up with new puzzles/questions piled on top of an already massive pile of questions. What did Rose really mean by "you can let go now Jack".
I think she simply meant that he could let go of her hand. As I remember it, it is the opposite of what happened when 815 crashed (Rose was scared and held Jack's hand).

Quote:
Did Juliette really set off the bomb or was it just a flash coinciding with a jump through time?
I don't see how she didn't. She said she set it off (and it worked), and I don't see why they would skip back to the present for no reason (unless Jacob somehow brought them back). I also don't see how the alternate timeline came to be if she didn't set it off and change things as a result.

I didn't love the episode, but it was good. While some questions were answered, it opened up more questions about the smoke monster, the other Others, The Temple and what exactly happened when Juliet set off the bomb.

Does anybody notice that the real Locke looks slightly different than when Smokie imitates Locke?

I think that Jacob had set up Sayid to die before anybody even boarded the plane to return to the island. I'm sure that the note said something like "Make sure Sayid dies". It all seemed to coincidental that Jacob gave Hurley the guitar case, then told him to take it to the Temple. Now the question is, is that actually Sayid? I've always subscribed to the theory that "dead is dead", so I get the feeling that Jacob has taken over his body or something.

I wonder if we will see the Others show up off the island in the 2004 timeline? I get the feeling that Juliet and maybe some of the rest of them will show up in people's lives. I also get the feeling that Jack and Claire will realize that they are half-siblings.
post #14 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-07, 09:26 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB Josh View Post
I think she simply meant that he could let go of her hand. As I remember it, it is the opposite of what happened when 815 crashed (Rose was scared and held Jack's hand).
I think there is much more to that. Jack has always been the one who felt he had to lead others, be responsible. He had to get them off the island, then he had to get them to go back. I think "letting go" has a much deeper meaning than just to let go of her hand.
post #15 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-07, 09:38 AM

And what about his Dad not being on the flight? Christian plays an important role. Everyone seemed to be reset except him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in