In HD: Lost Season 6 Discussion - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-26, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I'm getting a little annoyed at the post-show promo saying "questions will be answered". Seems to be they keep piling on the questions week after week.
This is something I've never fully understood. Why so many people complain about not getting enough answers in LOST. The show is about questions, mystery, imagination, fantasy. Why would you want to spoil it by having everything neatly tied up each week/season?

I've loved Lost from ep.1 and never once was bothered by a lack of "answers".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-26, 11:43 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Same here (to an extent), so that's why I'm annoyed at these promos. They're basically lying to us with the whole "questions will be answered" spiel.

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #78 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-26, 02:18 PM

Another reason not to watch the promos!

post #79 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-27, 12:31 PM

Here here ryoung. And they do answer questions each week. Just not the ones most people have on their minds and they usually add more. If they had nice neat Star Trek endings I doubt it would be nearly as popular.
post #80 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-27, 01:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Same. I also give them credit for sticking with their loyal viewers and not writing so people can just jump in.
post #81 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-02, 03:40 PM

Just FYI for those of you in Canada, post-Olympics, Lost is back on CTV in a new time slot at 7pm, I assume it's HD instead of the SD in the Olympics.

That's TWO whole hours before the actual US premiere on ABC
(go Canada?!)

I for one cannot wait, the ABC promos show this episode is going to be a big one.

Just hope the Canadian promos don't bleep too much new footage out :S
post #82 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-02, 03:49 PM
Veteran

Yea the one thing I've always loved about American Idol, it forces CTV to air Lost a couple hours early.
post #83 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-02, 06:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Just FYI for those of you in Canada, post-Olympics, Lost is back on CTV in a new time slot at 7pm
Thank you! This also means that we will actually get to see "Next time on LOST" on ABC instead of the simsub screwing it up...
post #84 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-02, 08:07 PM

Hmm. I never had that happen.

How is ABC simsubbed? CTV is simsubbed, and it has it's own "next on lost" thing, which is pretty damn cool. (Though I for obvious reasons I will not spoil it!)

It isn't for me. I always see the US commericals on my feed.
Hope I'm not going too off-topic.
post #85 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-02, 08:40 PM
Veteran

Quote:
How is ABC simsubbed? CTV is simsubbed, and it has it's own "next on lost" thing, which is pretty damn cool. (Though I for obvious reasons I will not spoil it!)
It has happened every time on ABC on Bell on the East feed this season when CTV has simsubbed ABC. CTV ends the sub, before the "next on LOST" happens during their credit role, and it goes back to the ABC feed where "next on LOST" has already aired. I guess I need to change my timer to CTV
post #86 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-02, 09:21 PM

AHH I see. It's a cable/sat-only issue then
Because I used to watch it over the air from WKBW HD across the lake in Buffalo, no simsubs.

(I guess not everyone can go OTA location-wise though, but if you can it's worth the effort.
Anyways I'm going wayyyy off topic here, so I'll end it there.)

All I can say is that episode was amazing, and I cannot wait for the next one! I can feel it picking up already!
post #87 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-02, 10:42 PM
Veteran

One of the best episodes of Lost ever, there wasn't really any answers but you can feel them coming. I know Lost tends to do this, but I love the parallel of Sayid saying he wasn't a bad man and then killing multiple people in both timelines. I don't understand why Dogen sent Sayid away, wouldn't he want to keep him away from the MiB.

Take a look at this picture it was the promotional poster for this season. Notice the people in relation to Locke, on the left of Locke is Sawyer, Kate, Sayid and Claire on the right of Locke is Miles, Hurley, Jin, Frank, Sun, Ben and Jack. It follows the balance of good and evil. I don't have an explanation for Ilana and Richard yet, as obviously both may have been recruited directly by Jacob and are not on the evil side.
post #88 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-03, 12:52 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Take a look at this picture it was the promotional poster for this season. Notice the people in relation to Locke, on the left of Locke is Sawyer, Kate, Sayid and Claire on the right of Locke is Miles, Hurley, Jin, Frank, Sun, Ben and Jack.
I'm not the only one seeing that picture as a take-off on the Last Supper, am I?
Interesting that Locke was cast as the Christ figure at the centre...
post #89 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-03, 12:55 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
I'm not the only one seeing that picture as a take-off on the Last Supper, am I?
Interesting that Locke was cast as the Christ figure at the centre...
It's very obvious. And Locke was always the man of faith.

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #90 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-03-03, 07:50 AM
Veteran

There are a couple of different versions of the promo picture. Google "lost last supper photo" and you'll see some higher quality images.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in