In HD: Lost Season 6 Discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-10, 01:17 AM
Veteran

Well after watching tonight's episode it sure looked to me like the other others wanted Sayid dead. I am quite interested to see what happens when the Man in Black (as John Locke) meets Sawyer next week. Also interested to see where the Claire thing (both on and off the island) goes.

Quote:
No I didn't notice. How does he (John/MIB) look different?
I can't really explain it, he just does in some way. I didn't notice it until I saw John's dead body and the Man in Black in right after each other during the premiere, but he just has slightly different facial expressions and other minor things like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-10, 02:54 PM
Veteran

Locke looks somehow older and less in shape; F-Locke looks younger, more in shape, more animated.
post #33 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-11, 07:02 PM

I was reading somewhere else that someone noticed the date on Claire's ultrasound (in the flash sideways) is a month later than the date of the original flight 815 (October 22 instead of September 22). This would explain why she went into labour and why she was told she was 36 weeks... I thought that was interesting (and a crazy catch)

post #34 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-11, 07:50 PM
Veteran

Did you notice that the doctor attending to Claire was Ethan - the "Other" that Ben sent to the beach after the plane crashed. Ethan also was with Richard recruiting Juliet.
post #35 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-12, 01:08 AM

That is one of the few things I did catch.

If the date is really one month later, then it is apparently about the same time that Ethan kidnapped Claire and stuck her with a bunch of needles on the island. Ironically, he jokes about sticking her with a bunch of needles to slow the contractions...
post #36 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-12, 07:40 AM
Veteran

The date could be the due date. There is a little discusion about it going on over at TheFuselage (official site of Lost creative team). Gregg Nations (one of the witers/producers) does his best to not answer the questions:
http://forum.thefuselage.com/showthread.php?p=2274437
post #37 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-12, 10:24 AM

In the screen cap I saw it shows the time immediately followed by the date. While I agree it could be the due date, it's a really unusual way of showing it....
post #38 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-12, 02:04 PM
Veteran

Talking

Did nobody else notice the Degrassi Jr. High connection?! Hint: BLT

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #39 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-12, 02:39 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonO View Post
In the screen cap I saw it shows the time immediately followed by the date. While I agree it could be the due date, it's a really unusual way of showing it....
Notice "D: " preceding the date? (Clearer in the second shot). I think it is the Due date, and that jives with Ethan stating she was 36 weeks. Clinical human gestation is 40 weeks calculated from the end of the mother's last menstruation cycle i.e. before the mother is actually impregnated. ( I've never been able to wrap my head around that one! )

I seem to recall that the ultrasounds for my kids had the Due date printed on them.
post #40 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-12, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper83 View Post
Did nobody else notice the Degrassi Jr. High connection?! Hint: BLT
yeah, I had a chuckle about that too.

cheers
sadchel
post #41 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-12, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gecko View Post
I seem to recall that the ultrasounds for my kids had the Due date printed on them.
I'm not saying it wouldn't have the due date printed, but it would definitely have the current date printed. The ultrasound in question only shows one date.

Edit: I also want to point out that I'm not entirely sure it's a big deal. It may have been intended to be the due date, which in my opinion would be a minor error. I was more impressed that people are paying so much attention to detail....
post #42 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-14, 06:50 AM

What is with the alternate time line? Is it real or just a 'what if'?

Are the ones on the Island replicated or cloned? An alternate reality? is it Aliens or Gods or even some crazy Japanese/Nazi WW2 experiment? Every year this show gets more confusing and 'crazy' lol...but I can not turn away. ha
post #43 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-14, 11:41 PM
Veteran

I believe the alternate timeline is real, as is the one on the island. Neither is clones or anything, they are just simply two realities. When Juliet set off the bomb she created another universe where the hatch was never built. Many of the things that happened before they crashed are different as a result (which I think is very important).
post #44 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-16, 01:10 PM

hmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB Josh View Post
I think she simply meant that he could let go of her hand. As I remember it, it is the opposite of what happened when 815 crashed (Rose was scared and held Jack's hand)...
I think you might be onto something here with the "opposites" thing. I thought it odd that on the plane Hurley said that he was the luckiest guy in the world when previously he always said that he was so unlucky.
post #45 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-16, 02:09 PM
Veteran

I don't know, Jack and Kate seem pretty much the same.

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in