In HD: Lost Season 6 Discussion - Page 21 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #301 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-12, 09:32 PM

or...

The plane crashed, Jack was tossed into the bushes, he opens his eyes, has a 5 minute (or however short) hallucination that is the whole Lost series, then closes his eyes and dies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-12, 09:41 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbamber View Post
or...

The plane crashed, Jack was tossed into the bushes, he opens his eyes, has a 5 minute (or however short) hallucination that is the whole Lost series, then closes his eyes and dies.
Aaaaaargh!
post #303 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 01:09 AM
Veteran

Quote:
FINALLY!!
An explanation that makes sense and I can get behind!
Thank you, gbamber!!

post #304 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 05:09 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
FINALLY!!
An explanation that makes sense and I can get behind!
Thank you, gbamber!!
If you want a show where you get to make up whatever the story *should have* been then take BSG. Start at about the middle of the 3rd season to make changes.
post #305 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 06:46 PM

Except that it was not exclusively Jack's POV. Kinda weird having an hallucination where you are not part of the story and have no knowledge of it.
post #306 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Except that it was not exclusively Jack's POV. Kinda weird having an hallucination where you are not part of the story and have no knowledge of it.
Hallucinations are like that... one can dream about anything. One conclusive piece of evidence that it was all in his head... he gave the dog (the only other survivor) the name Vincent even though the dog is female. See! If it were all true, the dog wouldn't have been genderally mis-labeled, everyone knows the difference between a boy dog and a girl dog! He assumed wrong, therefore he assumed the rest too!
post #307 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 08:17 PM

Quote:
one can dream about anything
I'll give you that point. But nothing else.
post #308 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 08:24 PM
Veteran

I know it's mosty tongue in cheek, but I have a feeling some are not getting that distinction. For those people, recall that Jack is wearing different clothes in the pilot and in the finale. Unless *I* was hallucinating all of this.
post #309 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
I know it's mosty tongue in cheek, but I have a feeling some are not getting that distinction. For those people, recall that Jack is wearing different clothes in the pilot and in the finale. Unless *I* was hallucinating all of this.
The clothing difference was purposefully there to throw people off the scent. Madison the dog was the subtle clue to the truth which I uncovered!
post #310 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-13, 10:07 PM
Veteran

OK, you've managed to convince me.
post #311 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-14, 12:32 PM
Veteran

Excellent theory, gbamber, but I think I can take it one step further - what if our whole universe and everything that's actually happened in it for the last 14 billion years is not real, but only a 2 second fragment from the afternoon dream of the dog Madison.

Once you assume people can dream in such detail about stuff they are not a part of and not even remotely have an idea of, and 4 years can be compressed in 4 seconds, anything goes.
post #312 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-14, 12:38 PM

Now we are truly Lost!
post #313 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-15, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dent View Post
Excellent theory, gbamber, but I think I can take it one step further - what if our whole universe and everything that's actually happened in it for the last 14 billion years is not real, but only a 2 second fragment from the afternoon dream of the dog Madison.

Once you assume people can dream in such detail about stuff they are not a part of and not even remotely have an idea of, and 4 years can be compressed in 4 seconds, anything goes.
Look for the movie Jacobs Ladder a very interesting dream
post #314 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-06-15, 11:34 AM
Veteran

What I would like to see is the scene after Jack dies on the island. There is Ben and Hurley (the new protector of the island) sitting there. Hurley says to Ben, so what now dude?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in